TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

NC cleared, FP cleared, waiting for an officer to pick up my case

I've called USCIS this week, and they've confirmed that my NC, FP are cleared and it seems my case is waiting for review. They told me the same info 2months ago. So I'm not stuck in NC, I'm stuck in "waiting for review" ?
Has anybody heard anything about this revidew process? Why does it take this long?

BTW, every day when I see somebody getting 485 approvel with later LC PD than my 485 date, makes me really angry at USCIS! :mad:

EB2 - Hungary - TSC
LC: PD 9/12/03, AD 6/22/06
AP/EAD: 8/18/06, AD 9/14/06
I-140: RD 8/18/06, RFE 10/3/06, LUD 10/24/06, AD...

I've called USCIS this week, and they've confirmed that my NC, FP are cleared and it seems my case is waiting for review. They told me the same info 2months ago. So I'm not stuck in NC, I'm stuck in "waiting for review" ?
Has anybody heard anything about this revidew process? Why does it take this long?

BTW, every day when I see somebody getting 485 approvel with later LC PD than my 485 date, makes me really angry at USCIS! :mad:

EB2 - Hungary - TSC

did u initiate an inquiry with TSC? in ur case, once the inquiry is initiated , u should hear something back within 3 to 4 weeks. so why don't initiate an inquiry instead of just talking with a representative over the phone?

Azazello - can you post your case details? Also, which Senators did you contact. It would be helpful to figure out the Senators that are helpful and those that are not. In your case, unfortunately, it seems like the senators were not very helpful.

EB-2, ROW
PD - May 2006 (PERM)
I-140/I-485 - RD 7/6/06
I-140 approved in August.
Fingerprints taken in August.
Latest LUD on I-485 in September, since then no movement.

Senators - Kerry & Kennedy (Both - D, MA). Kerry's office would not deal with immigration at all, Kennedy's office would not get involved into any cases pending for less than two years...

BTW, I am not sure how helpful the information on Senators is - that is, for those not living in MA. AFAIK, Senators would only help their (potential) constituencies. Now I am thinking of moving to NH or CT and asking for help there...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's interesting.

Given Senator Kennedy's positive stance on immigration issues, I am surprised he was not that helpful with your case.

Did you contact your House Representative?

EB-2, ROW
PD - May 2006 (PERM)
I-140/I-485 - RD 7/6/06
I-140 approved in August.
Fingerprints taken in August.
Latest LUD on I-485 in September, since then no movement.

Senators - Kerry & Kennedy (Both - D, MA). Kerry's office would not deal with immigration at all, Kennedy's office would not get involved into any cases pending for less than two years...

BTW, I am not sure how helpful the information on Senators is - that is, for those not living in MA. AFAIK, Senators would only help their (potential) constituencies. Now I am thinking of moving to NH or CT and asking for help there...

waiting for file assignment too!!

well I am in similar situation as well. I was told about a month ago at infopass that my NC, other clearances, etc had been received. Was told at later inquiries to TSC that the file is waiting to be assigned to an officer. A call to the national service center just got me that letter on the 43rd day that I should not bother them for 6 months. Someone did mention here that it takes 1-3 months after NC so let's see.......

btw - am I the only one noticing that recently the approvals have been slow to come :(

EB2 - Hungary - TSC

well I am in similar situation as well. I was told about a month ago at infopass that my NC, other clearances, etc had been received. Was told at later inquiries to TSC that the file is waiting to be assigned to an officer. A call to the national service center just got me that letter on the 43rd day that I should not bother them for 6 months. Someone did mention here that it takes 1-3 months after NC so let's see.......

btw - am I the only one noticing that recently the approvals have been slow to come :(

when ur name check got cleared and how?

That's interesting.

Given Senator Kennedy's positive stance on immigration issues, I am surprised he was not that helpful with your case.

Did you contact your House Representative?
That's exactly my point - Kennedy & Kerry are very vocal about illegals, yet they won't help legal immigrants. No wonder - both need Hispanic votes.
As for the House Representative, I am going to (although quite reluctantly), but I have zero hope since he is also a Democrat running on Hispanic votes.

Did you go over in person to Senator Kennedy's office, or did you mail/fax your request? I am trying to see if that makes any difference.

That's exactly my point - Kennedy & Kerry are very vocal about illegals, yet they won't help legal immigrants. No wonder - both need Hispanic votes.
As for the House Representative, I am going to (although quite reluctantly), but I have zero hope since he is also a Democrat running on Hispanic votes.

I learnt about it a month ago (all they told was it was "recently" received) - I had not contacted anyone prior to that except for placing an inquiry with the national service center.

ok contact ur senator or congressman and they will open an inquiry with uscis. this will help speed up ur case i think.

Did you go over in person to Senator Kennedy's office, or did you mail/fax your request? I am trying to see if that makes any difference.

I called both offices. In Kerry's office the lady answered the phone and said that their office does not deal with immigration. In Kennedy's office I was immediately transfered to a dedicated person who deals with immigration, but once I said that I am legal and my case is pending I was told that they would only interfere if the case is pending over two years.

I called both offices. In Kerry's office the lady answered the phone and said that their office does not deal with immigration. In Kennedy's office I was immediately transfered to a dedicated person who deals with immigration, but once I said that I am legal and my case is pending I was told that they would only interfere if the case is pending over two years.

in other words, they are telling you go to hell unfortunately. this is pathetic. really

I have the same concern

Looks like TSC is slowing down. No approval on this board for a while. Another thing is the timeline between NC clearance and approval. Seems from a few weeks to several months, even longer. What's the reasons for that? My NC has been cleared for 3 weeks, still no any update till now.

Looks like TSC is slowing down. No approval on this board for a while. Another thing is the timeline between NC clearance and approval. Seems from a few weeks to several months, even longer. What's the reasons for that? My NC has been cleared for 3 weeks, still no any update till now.

Someone in here was predicting fast approvals on the start of this quarter (April). I am not sure whats going on. COuld be the overwhelming H1B numbers or maybe the Easter holidays. Will probably know by next week. It would be interesting to see the next month's processing dates and see if it has moved as usual. Maybe we are just a bunch of unlucky people on this board.

how ur nc got cleared? how did u know that it got cleared? usually it takes 4to 5 weeks snce the NC get cleared. also call the TSC and tell them about ur NC and open an inquiry with them.

did u already called tsc? if so, what they told u?

how ur nc got cleared? how did u know that it got cleared? usually it takes 4to 5 weeks snce the NC get cleared. also call the TSC and tell them about ur NC and open an inquiry with them.

did u already called tsc? if so, what they told u?

It is through local congressman's office.

can u elaborate on ur NC. how the congressman cleared ur NC? please expalin. what is exactly ur case. how did u approach them and what they did and when and how?

I think congressman's office just made an inquiry. Then after 2 months, got the response from FBI saying it is done. In current situation, not many congressmen or senators will really push FBI instead of a simple inquiry. At least, in my case, I don't think congressman really push FBI.

I think congressman's office just made an inquiry. Then after 2 months, got the response from FBI saying it is done. In current situation, not many congressmen or senators will really push FBI instead of a simple inquiry. At least, in my case, I don't think congressman really push FBI.

ok then, so when ur congressman inquired with FBI and when u heard back and when they sauid that ur NC got cleared? i'm trying to see ther timing trend here so date are important.

when you talked with ur congressman office, what did u provide them with? a letter with supoporting documents like FOIPA ?

by the way in which state uis ur congressman? what is his name ? democrat or repub?

Does withdrawing of derivative I-485 affect primary ?

Say, husband ( primary applicant ) wants to continue I-485 processing, where
as wife (derivative applicant ) wants to ditch I-485 and return to country of orgin. Will this affect the primary applicant's I-485 application ?!
[ It is not a divorce :) ]