TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Hey all - I was wondering if any of you had previous luck in getting TSC to answer your questions on your I-140. I believe my name check has been cleared (of course, I'm not completely sure even after an Infopass appointment) so I'm kind of anxious about why my I-140 has not been approved in more than 5 months. I know that is not a long time, but there are a lot of people who applied after me who got their I-140s approved, and this is using regular processing. Unfortunately my employer won't do premium processing and I am not getting any information about this application from anyone since it is an employer application. I feel like I can't take any steps on my I-485 until the I-140 gets approved. I've tried calling TSC and they've told me that I can't ask questions about this application since it is employer's app. Have you had any luck inquiring about the I-140? Are there I-140s that get stuck in security checks?

others should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are no security checks associated with I-140. That is for the I-485.

Can you ask your employer-hired attorney to perform an inquiry?

I have been *TOLD* that SOME I-140 petitions go thru security checks.
I believe one member of this board had posted that too on another thread.
But going by the speed at which they adjudicate I-140, I would think a majority of them dont have security checks.

others should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are no security checks associated with I-140. That is for the I-485.

Can you ask your employer-hired attorney to perform an inquiry?

I'd like to do that but they haven't been responsive either. I'm just trying to figure out if there is any way for me to get the information myself, in case there is something suspicious going on with this application. So far, it only says case received and pending on the website, but I have been tracking a few I-140 cases close to mine and one day they would say pending and the next they would say RFE response received, so there was no email notice of an RFE being sent. I'm just worried that an RFE has been issued and it's going unnoticed and there seems to be no way for me to find out. I guess I can try infopass for this information.

There was huge thread about 140's stuck in security checks. I had questioned the logic/validity behind it but I got no response.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=193663

I have been *TOLD* that SOME I-140 petitions go thru security checks.
I believe one member of this board had posted that too on another thread.
But going by the speed at which they adjudicate I-140, I would think a majority of them dont have security checks.

I think I confused above. Simple question.

Can anybody tell me whether I will on a legal status based on my valid EAD, if my I-94 is expired ? How will this be recorded in the system, when one leave country for a vacation ?

I think you have to fill out form I-9 (employment eligibility form , there might be a different form for dependents) to explicitly inform the USCIS about status change. I am not sure if they send an extended I-94 after that form is submited. You may want to call USCIS customer service and ask them specifically about your situation.

Hey all - I was wondering if any of you had previous luck in getting TSC to answer your questions on your I-140. I believe my name check has been cleared (of course, I'm not completely sure even after an Infopass appointment) so I'm kind of anxious about why my I-140 has not been approved in more than 5 months. I know that is not a long time, but there are a lot of people who applied after me who got their I-140s approved, and this is using regular processing. Unfortunately my employer won't do premium processing and I am not getting any information about this application from anyone since it is an employer application. I feel like I can't take any steps on my I-485 until the I-140 gets approved. I've tried calling TSC and they've told me that I can't ask questions about this application since it is employer's app. Have you had any luck inquiring about the I-140? Are there I-140s that get stuck in security checks?

Hi Herenthere,

I had the same experience with i-140. My i-140 approval took 7 months and I too was told by USCIS that my i-140 was delayed at the time due to the background checks. And yes, there's been a lot of discussion over this topic in the i-140 thread. One of my postings there is a good example of that:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1620108

Hi Herenthere,

I had the same experience with i-140. My i-140 approval took 7 months and I too was told by USCIS that my i-140 was delayed at the time due to the background checks. And yes, there's been a lot of discussion over this topic in the i-140 thread. One of my postings there is a good example of that:

Thanks, TSCEB2Current. So it looks like you did have some luck in making inquiries on your I-140 yourself, or did you have to go through your lawyer or your employer?

BTW - sorry for messaging about I-140 in this thread; I figured it would be okay since it is a 140/485 consolidated thread and there don't seem to be too many people on the 140 threads.

Hi Herenthere,

Now here is the screw up by USCIS....

I have TWO I-140 approvals

One Just in 10 days of filing
Second after 6 months

But the funny thing I never applied twice!!!

Is that approval emails you are talking about? Or they sent your employer two actual approval notice letters?

Wouldn't be surprised if your answer is the latter. Now if only one of your I-140 approvals were I-485.

Now here is the screw up by USCIS....

I have TWO I-140 approvals

One Just in 10 days of filing
Second after 6 months

But the funny thing I never applied twice!!!

Hey arrow,

The person at the FBI number should tell you if they sent "the result" back to USCIS. That's all; they will not get into detail if there was a "hit" or anything during your fingerprint check. When I called them, they only told me: "Yes... we received your print on June 14th, 2006 and that same day we sent the result back to them." What exactly did they say? perhaps this is some new policy of not even giving this basic information.

With respect to calling TSC, follow the steps to POJ strictly, otherwise you're gonna get the worthless National Customer Service Center. This is not TSC and is staffed not by CIS employees but private contractors that have no access to any useful information (in fact they only read the same crap we can see online) and know nothing about immigration law and procedures. If you do get to TSC they'll say: "Texas Service Center" when answering the phone. If in doubt ask if they are with TSC. Sometimes you get somebody nice and helpful, sometimes you don't. Try several times and let us know what happens.

Hi,

First of all thank you for the response. I had a better luck with FBI this time around. We were told that our finger prints were returned to TSC the next day. Unfortunatly with TSC I got some one who was not so helping, we were told that our case is fairly new so they cannot provide any information. Will try again tomorrow to see how things go, will keep you guys posted.

EB2 485 interview, help please

My 485 was based on the my husband's EB2. He is primary applicatant. My husband and two kids 485 got approved about three weeks ago. (I have post here for the info.) And TSC send me a letter said, my case is pending with security check a week ago.
And today, I just got an email for USCIS, my 485 case was transfered to Lincon, NE local office for interview.

My question are:
1. My address is at California, why the case transfer to NE?
2. What the interview could be?

Any ideas are appreciated.

I dunno about 1... (though I think I saw some thread titles relevant to that so you may want to search). As for 2... any idea why they want an interview with you? Is there anything about your application that you think they might want clarified? Then you should prepare accordingly...

Wish you the best of luck.

My 485 was based on the my husband's EB2. He is primary applicatant. My husband and two kids 485 got approved about three weeks ago. (I have post here for the info.) And TSC send me a letter said, my case is pending with security check a week ago.
And today, I just got an email for USCIS, my 485 case was transfered to Lincon, NE local office for interview.

My question are:

I think it is rather a good sign, at least it is highly likely that your name check has been cleared. You may just get the GC shortly after the interview :)

As to the location, it is probably just an error on their end (this is nothing new to anyone here, right?), you need to call them and find out. Also ask them whether they will be sending you a letter detailing what documents you are supposed to bring to the interview, which may give you a clue.

Good luck and keep us posted.

My question are:

Is that approval emails you are talking about? Or they sent your employer two actual approval notice letters?

Wouldn't be surprised if your answer is the latter. Now if only one of your I-140 approvals were I-485.
It is the approval NOTICE with 2 diff approval dates

I got a letter from USCIS stating that my background check is open and let me call 6 months later. So, the LUD on 3/29/07 was for this letter, I guess. Dont be so excited (like me) when seeing a LUD. Some means something and some doesnot. Good luck though

Texas is faster

Check out my signature below:

Non Retrogressed Country: All Forms sent to Nebraska and transfered to Texas within a couple of days.
PERM EB2 Filed 10/05/06 AD: 11/15/06
I-140 RD: 02/20/07 ;PP AD:02/28/07
I-131 RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 03/19/07; 03/29/07; 03/31/07; AD: 04/05/07
I-485 RD: 03/16/07
FP ND: 03/26/07 Appointment Date: 04/06/07

When did you request an inquiry in to your case?
I got a letter from USCIS stating that my background check is open and let me call 6 months later. So, the LUD on 3/29/07 was for this letter, I guess. Dont be so excited (like me) when seeing a LUD. Some means something and some doesnot. Good luck though

Need some advice - can i make a move?

Hi all –

I Need some advice (who else can I trust :) ).

Question: When can I move out of my current job?

My situation:
1. L1A visa holder expires (7 years) May 2008
2. 140 – Approved
3. 485 FD – 10/18/2006, awaiting approval
4. Finger Printing – 11/07/2006
5. EAD / I765 – Approved 10/27/2006
6. AP – approved

Is it advisable to move out of my current job after April 27th 2007 (6 months after the approval of EAD) and work using my EAD or would you suggest to wait until my 485 is approved? What are you personal thoughts given that many of us here are in similar situation.

Thanks
Krish Srini