TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

My I-485 case has past processing date for more than 30 days. I called TSC and file a case. The staff gave me a case number and asked me to wait for 45 days and I should hear from them. I just wondering whether this would help in speed up my case approval? Any other suggestions what else I should do?

Please see my signature for my details.

Your FBI name check has to be cleared before approval

You cannot get the approval until name check is clear.

My I-485 case has past processing date for more than 30 days. I called TSC and file a case. The staff gave me a case number and asked me to wait for 45 days and I should hear from them. I just wondering whether this would help in speed up my case approval? Any other suggestions what else I should do?

Same

I'm in the same boat as likuliku. While I'm not worried at all, I was just wondering if I should go the route of reaching out to my congressman. From what I hear it couldn't hurt. Any thoughts on when (after how long) should one reach out to his/her congressman. Additionally, does anyone know what to write to the congressman - is there a sample letter out there that someone can pass on?

The last LUD on my 485 was in August 2006. Now all of a sudden there are two LUDs, one on 3/30 and another on 3/31 (Saturday). My wife applied 485 only in Feb'07. She also finished her finger printing on 3/29. Does her finger printing has to do anything with the LUD on my 485 case? Also, have any idea what the LUDs are for? How much more time could it take for the GC?

ybnyk, according to my lawyer, one can travel as long as they have a valid H1B (or H4) visa. I had similar concerns a few weeks ago, when I wanted to travel on my H1B visa, and was apprehensive of the situation in case my AP or 485 got approved while I was out of the country. He told me it would be fine to travel. (Btw, I did not get any approvals while I was traveling - so I do not have any first hand experience - just advice from my lawyer).
Did you travel abroad and return with the AP later on?

New Approval

Finally ... After Almost Ten Years in US. There is hope..fingers crossed for everyone else!!!

LC PD 07/12/02 EB3 RIR TSC, Rest Of World
LC AD 09/13/06 :mad:

I140 ND 11/02/2006, AD 11/21/2006 :D

I131 ND 12/04/2006, AD 12/18/2006 :D
I765 ND 12/04/2006, AD 12/18/2006 :D

I485 ND 12/04/2006, FP 12/28/2006 (me/spouse), FP 03/20/2007(kid)
I485 AD 03/29/07 :D :D :D

Congratulations

Looking at your info , you were 'punished' in labor certification
stage, but rewarded in I-485 stage.

Finally ... After Almost Ten Years in US. There is hope..fingers crossed for everyone else!!!

LC PD 07/12/02 EB3 RIR TSC, Rest Of World
LC AD 09/13/06 :mad:

I140 ND 11/02/2006, AD 11/21/2006 :D

I131 ND 12/04/2006, AD 12/18/2006 :D
I765 ND 12/04/2006, AD 12/18/2006 :D

I485 ND 12/04/2006, FP 12/28/2006 (me/spouse), FP 03/20/2007(kid)
I485 AD 03/29/07 :D :D :D

NAYAK : LUD on my 485 & Kid's FP date match

Don't know if it is a coincidence...but LUD on my case and FP date for minor is an exact match with your case. No updates yet...

I called TSC and opened an inquiry on 3/15. They refused to talk or mention anything about name check.

Hope it moves this month.

Hi
My minor fp biometric done on 03/09/07. No updates on my case yet.

Nayak

Hi
My minor fp biometric done on 03/09/07. No updates on my case yet.

Nayak

Don't know if it is a coincidence...but LUD on my case and FP date for minor is an exact match with your case. No updates yet...

I called TSC and opened an inquiry on 3/15. They refused to talk or mention anything about name check.

FP code 2 for my daughter was 3/9 too. Last LUD on my case was 9/14/06 - a week after RFE response was received.

My case is "under review" which (according to TSC person) means waiting for background check to be completed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear. I did not say that FP2 means that you're going to be approved soon. There were many cases (including mine) when it was a good sign after NC wait though. I can also speculate that FP2 may meen that case was preadjudicated and only thing that may hold it up is NC blackhole.

My spouse FP was done on 3/29/07. There are LUDs on I485 for me and my spouse on 3/30 and 3/31 (Saturday). Does the LUD for me has to do anything with my spouse's FP?
485 RD: 7/31/06, FP: 8/12/06

I too called TSC and opened a ticket with USCIS. When called, they said my FBI check pending. not sure when this wait will be over..!! Lets keep in touch with updates on our cases..

question about travelling

I am going to travel with my H1B visa next week. If I am lucky enough and my I-485 is approved this week right before I travel, will I need to go to local USCIS to have my passport stamped? How to do this? Should I make an infopass appointment? If I don't have enough time to do the stamp, is it still okay that I use my H1B or AP to reenter the US?
My AP was approved last August. Need some advice!!!
Thanks a lot!

Got TSC letter after inquiry

"we are actively processing this case. However, we have to preform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. if you don't receive a decesion or other notice of action from us within 60 days of this letter, please call customer service at teh number provided below. "

I placed an phone inquiry around February 21, the letter was dated March 21. I also see LUD on 3/21,3/22,3/23,3/24. The only difference from other people's letter (such as the one below) is 60 days v.s. six months. I guess that makes feel a little better:rolleyes:

Who else got the same worded letter?

I applied labor certificate in Sept 2002, and filed 485 on Aug 2006. I had two finger prints taken last Oct and Dec for I-485.

My case is at TSC, so I called them to check the status since they are processing cases for sept 2006 already. USCIS sent me a letter as follows:

we are actively processing this case. However, we have to preform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. if you don't receive a decesion or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at teh number provided below.

What does this letter mean? are they performing background check?

Thank you.
Ellice

inquiry status

I also raised an inquiry through my lawyer.

I received that this case is waiting for background check so if you don't hear from us within 6 months ....

Then for my son's case, it says that this case is under review and if you don't hear from us within 60 days.

As I am reading threads, it looks like under review means the same - pending background check.

I had LUD like on 03/20, 03/21,03/22,03/24 and the letters are received are dated 03/20.
Since 03/24, there is no change.