TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Thanks for the information.
Hmmm...I will lost 3 months if I apply too early...:rolleyes:

Actually, that's what I had thought when I renewed my EAD and AP for myself and my wife. I wanted to get it in 6 months prior to expiration (May 2007), but ended up applying in January 2007 (Jan 17 2007, VSC). Both were approved in about three weeks, and to my surprise, I had expected the renewals to expire in Feb of 2008, but they state that they expire in May of 2008. My first EAD and AP were approved in May 2006 through May 2007, and the renewals run from May 2007 through May 2008.

Actually, that's what I had thought when I renewed my EAD and AP for myself and my wife. I wanted to get it in 6 months prior to expiration (May 2007), but ended up applying in January 2007 (Jan 17 2007, VSC). Both were approved in about three weeks, and to my surprise, I had expected the renewals to expire in Feb of 2008, but they state that they expire in May of 2008. My first EAD and AP were approved in May 2006 through May 2007, and the renewals run from May 2007 through May 2008.

I guess this is what happens if you indicate "Renewal" in the I-765. It makes sense. If you indicate "New Application" even though you have a current (near expiry) EAD, then you'll probably get a new one with validity of a year from approval.

That sounds more reasonable...:)

BTW, my lawyer applied the EAD & AP for us when we filed concurrently.
Since the lawyer will charge if he applied for us, I thought I might just renew it by myself. Is the process easy?

zzzz4zzzz

My current AP/EAD expires on 15th July. I got my renewal applcations out last week and received the receipt numbers yesterday. I can get interim EAD on 4th July if I don't receive the EAD card till then.

I would recommend you also file may be 105 days before (just keep a 15 day buffer 90 + 15 to be safe for EAD renewal)

Nayak I think it is only our bad luck that we are stuck in NC. There have been quite a few cases where June 06 cases were approved

thanks
itraaz

That sounds more reasonable...:)

BTW, my lawyer applied the EAD & AP for us when we filed concurrently.
Since the lawyer will charge if he applied for us, I thought I might just renew it by myself. Is the process easy?

Yes, applying for renewal is pretty straightforward. If you've retained a copy of the original filing documents, then its quite literally a copy & paste, except for indicating that its a renewal rather than a new application.
That being said, I did go through the attorney to do this. In hindsight, I think I could've saved a chunk of change doing it myself. Hopefully I don't have to resort to a third EAD/AP since I hope the 485s are approved well before then, but if it does come to that, I intend to do it myself, especially given that the next renewals might be subject to the new USCIS increased fee structure.

My current AP/EAD expires on 15th July. I got my renewal applcations out last week and received the receipt numbers yesterday. I can get interim EAD on 4th July if I don't receive the EAD card till then.

I would recommend you also file may be 105 days before (just keep a 15 day buffer 90 + 15 to be safe for EAD renewal)

Nayak I think it is only our bad luck that we are stuck in NC. There have been quite a few cases where June 06 cases were approved

thanks
itraaz
I don't think its just June 2006 cases. I've been stuck in name check since April of 2006. My wife's name check was initiated the same time as mine (she is a derivative) and her name check results came back cleared in a few weeks. From what I've seen there are actually quite a few first half of 2006 filers stuck in name check. Needless to say its quite impossible to accurately decipher a trend of who gets stuck in name check.

Do it yourself is easy. I did mine, including I-140 (NIW and EB-1), I-485, I-765 and I-131, and all got approved without any problem, except that I-485 is pending.

You collect all the information/documents and the lawyer send them out. Why dont you send them out yourself? I did not include any cover letter or petition letter, which I dont think is necessary.

In hindsight, I think I could've saved a chunk of change doing it myself.
, but if it does come to that, I intend to do it myself, especially given that the next renewals might be subject to the new USCIS increased fee structure.

I don't think its just June 2006 cases. I've been stuck in name check since April of 2006. My wife's name check was initiated the same time as mine (she is a derivative) and her name check results came back cleared in a few weeks. From what I've seen there are actually quite a few first half of 2006 filers stuck in name check. Needless to say its quite impossible to accurately decipher a trend of who gets stuck in name check.

I wrote to senator, she replied-- she can't help with background check. Are there any avenues to expedite ? Most of us are 100% sure of clean record... I have been in this process from 2001 and loosing patience.....First it was labor for 5 years and now 485....

one of my friend is stuck in namecheck from 2000. He immigrated to Canada recently

One fine day, I may decide to pack up from all this mess ...I am confused man...

I wrote to senator, she replied-- she can't help with background check. Are there any avenues to expedite ? Most of us are 100% sure of clean record... I have been in this process from 2001 and loosing patience.....First it was labor for 5 years and now 485....

one of my friend is stuck in namecheck from 2000. He immigrated to Canada recently

One fine day, I may decide to pack up from all this mess ...I am confused man...

Hi Nayak,
If only there was an easy way to get this expedited. In the past, a WOM filing was seen as the panacea for those stuck in name checks for inordinate amounts of time, but after a Feb 20 memo issued by USCIS, name checks would no longer be expedited if the reason is a WOM suit.
USCIS may continue to request an expedited FBI name check if the case meets one of the other approved criteria, including:
1. Military deployment,
2. Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas,
3. Significant and compelling reasons, such as critical medical conditions, and
4. Loss of social security benefits or other subsistence at the discretion of the USCIS District Director.
Needless to say, most of us don't really qualify under these guidelines...especially imminent military deployment (not valid for AOS cases anyway since you need to be a permanent resident to enlist).

You are the only one with earlier pr date than me

Hi, buddy, don't get depressed. My info is as stated in the signature. To have a backup, I applied about 1.5 years ago, and received my Canadian green card a couple of months ago. It was a few thousand dollars well spent.

As for the U.S., I have done an inquiry in late February, and got a letter in late March asking me to wait for another 60 days before I should call them again.

Hang on there... your turn may come soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also sent a letter to Laura two weeks ago

but heard it would take 2 to 3 months for the FBI to respond. again, I am not sure that my NC is cleared... it may already has... otherwise they would have mailed me a letter saying the background check is not done yet, right?

Who knows?

but heard it would take 2 to 3 months for the FBI to respond. again, I am not sure that my NC is cleared... it may already has... otherwise they would have mailed me a letter saying the background check is not done yet, right?

Who knows?

if you dont mind, can you post the sample letter which you sent to Laura
its helps to other forum members also

Hi, buddy, don't get depressed. My info is as stated in the signature. To have a backup, I applied about 1.5 years ago, and received my Canadian green card a couple of months ago. It was a few thousand dollars well spent.

As for the U.S., I have done an inquiry in late February, and got a letter in late March asking me to wait for another 60 days before I should call them again.

Hang on there... your turn may come soon.

U r Correct if Yr background check is cleared they say response will be given in 60 days,
My name Check is clear(Confirmed by USCIS) and I got a letter in Jan - Under review and will respond in 60 days!!!

I didn't call after 60 days as I don't think it is going to make a difference

Just hang On

EAD vs H1

I am on my 8th H1 while I am waiting for my I485 approval. I am thinking to use my EAD card now. Compare to holding my H1, what is the risk if I start to use EAD and stop my H1?

Hi Ks_cc,

I am part of the "first half of 2006" crowd. My wife and I filed for i-485 in January 2006. USCIS confirmed that our names were submitted to the FBI on January 30, 2006. My wife's name has been cleared. My name has been stuck in namecheck since then.

USCIS, be nice ;-)

I wish they gave a finer detail online status of applications.
For eg. if they could include status like,

Your application is outside processing date, but it is pending
because , "blah. Blah....."

Why should applicants make special queries ( and probably get different
answers, if on the phone ) and wait for 2 months to get answers.

I had asked my lawyer to make a query and going to be around 45 days.
No LUD and nothing. The last LUD i had was on Aug 17, 2006, right after the FP. Many said it could be a 'deep namecheck hole', i will wait for USCIS response.