TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

PBLC_01302006 said:
I just noticed that my I485 was updated on 1/24/2007, the updated date before this one is 7/11/2006. Does anyone get I485 updated after a long quiet period? What does it mean? My I458's RD is 5/16/2006. PD is 10/10/2003.

If TSC replied your service request officially, you will have a LUD. Check your mail box in next two days, you may receive a letter from TSC.

Otherwise, may be a good news.

PBLC_01302006 said:
I just noticed that my I485 was updated on 1/24/2007, the updated date before this one is 7/11/2006. Does anyone get I485 updated after a long quiet period? What does it mean? My I458's RD is 5/16/2006. PD is 10/10/2003.

Mine was like that, LUD after close to 6 months and another one exactly on 6 months mark. But nothing happened after, it has been 3 months now. I guess they just run a check when 6 month deadline is approaching to see if the case is adjustable. Mine is certainly stucked in name check. But you know everyone is different, I hope your case is different and will see good news.

different messages..

Does this message has any meaning in processing. Like I saw someone has posted message that message stated USCIS will make their decision in 30 days or 60 days.
Did anyone got within that period.

PBLC_01302006 said:

I also saw same change on same day and was happy initially then realize that couple of other ppl also saw LUD in same week. Looks like they are doing some changes.

Ladude10
1st LC: PD July 2002 CA EB3 PBEC Status: Still waiting
2nd LC (Substitution) PD Jan 2000
I-140 RD 09/18/2006 AD 10/04/2006
485 is in TSC
I765 RD 12/8/06 AD 12/29/06
I131 RD 12/8/06 AD 1/08/07
I485 RD 12/8/06 LUD 12/31/06, 01/24/07
FP code 3 and bio done on 12/29/06

Axxe said:
No, it does not. Not in any form.

It is a pure security theater.

P.S. Name commonality is also suspect. My last name it very unique, there are maybe 50 people with it - only three in U.S., it is not even close to anything common, still got a "hit" and waiting. (Until 1 year anniversary, then I will file WOM)

Hi all,

I am from a middle eastern country and I am stuck in the namecheck process, even though my last name is very uncommon (a handful of people in the US and only a few more in my home country). So I don't believe "common names" is an issue in my case. Last week was my 1-year anniversary since I filed my i-485 and I am still waiting for adjudication. I have already started to contact senators and other officials. I would also like to pursue FOIPA and WOM.

Does anyone have user-friendly instructions on filing FOIPA and WOM??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
follow up...

PBLC_01302006 said:

I got a letter from CIS telling me that my case under background checking with infinite time frame. So, we should not have too much emotional reaction for that update.

CIS said check in 6 months

My case is about 2-3 months past due the current processing date for I-485. I had called CIS about a month ago and they opened an inquiry and said that they will get back to me in 45 days.

Now I received a letter from CIS saying that background check is not compelete on my case. It says to call them if the case is not processed in 6 months. Is it a standard reply that all get when stuck in name check?

If you get stuck in name check can contacting senators/congressmen be of any help? I doubt if they can do anything since CIS says its not in their hands.

EB2/May 2006/Rest of the World

PBLC_01302006 said:
I got a letter from CIS telling me that my case under background checking with infinite time frame. So, we should not have too much emotional reaction for that update.

TSCEB2Current said:
So I don't believe "common names" is an issue in my case. Last week was my 1-year anniversary since I filed my i-485 and I am still waiting for adjudication. I have already started to contact senators and other officials. I would also like to pursue FOIPA and WOM.

Does anyone have user-friendly instructions on filing FOIPA and WOM??

There's a WOM thread here:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=235168&page=1&pp=15

As for namecheck. It's indeed not only about "common names". Some people don't realize that they may have their own records in FBI database already. Since 2001 FBI logs every sneeze we make. And that's the reason why some folks stuck in NC for so long. Just because somebody in FBI is supposed to look at all that crap they keep in DB and decide your destiny.
I'm in NC since 04/15/06. Europe, very uncommon name. Anybody up to help FBI to develope datamining system? ;)

msabir said:
My case is about 2-3 months past due the current processing date for I-485. I had called CIS about a month ago and they opened an inquiry and said that they will get back to me in 45 days.

Now I received a letter from CIS saying that background check is not compelete on my case. It says to call them if the case is not processed in 6 months. Is it a standard reply that all get when stuck in name check?

If you get stuck in name check can contacting senators/congressmen be of any help? I doubt if they can do anything since CIS says its not in their hands.

EB2/May 2006/Rest of the World

What was/is your case status message?

You meant on the online case status? It says the same as it said the first day: Current Status: Case received and pending... bla bla bla..

I have had a few LUDs even some after FP and a few about 1-2 months later, but no new LUD since 07/24/2006..

sVirgo said:
What was/is your case status message?

Looks like USCIS has started processing 485 again. They have been doing other applications since last 30 days.

h**p://immigrationwatch.com/uscis-most-recent-approvals.html

thats a good sign

nitinag said:
Looks like USCIS has started processing 485 again. They have been doing other applications since last 30 days.

h**p://immigrationwatch.com/uscis-most-recent-approvals.html

thats a good sign

Anyone know where they get their information from? also from the looks of the ADs, TSC has been processed throughout the month.. how can you tell that they have been doing other applications?

kbhalla said:
Anyone know where they get their information from? also from the looks of the ADs, TSC has been processed throughout the month.. how can you tell that they have been doing other applications?

I don't know where they got this information from , however I have seen a correlation between the above URL and the approvals reported in the forums and in my opinion the url has atleast some sort of correct information (May not be to the exact numbers but definitely a right trend)

I monitor them almost daily and the processing of 485 from last 30 days was 0 - touched , 0 -approved . They were doing 140 & 130 petitions

This data changes everyday and today I have seen first time in 30 days that they have touched & approved any 485

nitinag said:
I don't know where they got this information from , however I have seen a correlation between the above URL and the approvals reported in the forums and in my opinion the url has atleast some sort of correct information (May not be to the exact numbers but definitely a right trend)

I monitor them almost daily and the processing of 485 from last 30 days was 0 - touched , 0 -approved . They were doing 140 & 130 petitions

This data changes everyday and today I have seen first time in 30 days that they have touched & approved any 485

thx

I don't understand how you came up with this conclusion. If you see the details of all their records, the approval or update date in most of the cases are prior to today's date (spanning the entire month), which means they were not touched/approaved today but over a period of the entire month or so.

May be their program which runs daily to extract this informaiton was not working properly... just a thought...
:)

nitinag said:

It is an opportunity to voice your concern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we are aware that USCIS is seeking to increase fees again. As many EB based immigration applicants know that the I485 processing takes longer than 6 months --I have doubted it before, but now my I485 has passed the 6 months mark without seeing a result, I have no doubt now that the claim by USCIS is an outright lie. Ladies and gentlemen, if your I485 case has remain unprocessed for longer than 6 months, now it is time to voice your concern... and this time your voice can get heard by the right people. You are the person who will pay the fees, and a RELEVANT party this time. Your comments are sought after.

Please write to: Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529

or: email to OSComments@dhs.gov

You ought to point out that we are against the fee increase unless an independent audit can prove the following USCIS claim:

'USCIS has already substantially improved service levels, achieving the President’s goal of six months processing times for immigration applications in October of 2006. '

Tell them your case has been pending longer than 6 months (trust me, many delay are NOT caused by name check!), and you have reasonable doubt that there are many many cases like yours have been delayed without cause.

Now they ask for money, we voice our concern. This MAY help them to speed up a little, and who knows, maybe your case can be picked up for processing if our letter cause the USCIS director to reexamine the work efficiency.

ACT NOW. Put USCIS-2006-0044 on your subject line.

richshi said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we are aware that USCIS is seeking to increase fees again. As many EB based immigration applicants know that the I485 processing takes longer than 6 months --I have doubted it before, but now my I485 has passed the 6 months mark without seeing a result, I have no doubt now that the claim by USCIS is an outright lie. Ladies and gentlemen, if your I485 case has remain unprocessed for longer than 6 months, now it is time to voice your concern... and this time your voice can get heard by the right people. You are the person who will pay the fees, and a RELEVANT party this time. Your comments are sought after.

Please write to: Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529

or: email to OSComments@dhs.gov

You ought to point out that we are against the fee increase unless an independent audit can prove the following USCIS claim:

'USCIS has already substantially improved service levels, achieving the President’s goal of six months processing times for immigration applications in October of 2006. '

Tell them your case has been pending longer than 6 months (trust me, many delay are NOT caused by name check!), and you have reasonable doubt that there are many many cases like yours have been delayed without cause.

Now they ask for money, we voice our concern. This MAY help them to speed up a little, and who knows, maybe your case can be picked up for processing if our letter cause the USCIS director to reexamine the work efficiency.

ACT NOW. Put USCIS-2006-0044 on your subject line.

Did you write and get any response yet?

Preparing for InfoPass Appointment

Dear friends,

My i-485 (principal) and my wife's (derivative) have been pending for 12 months+ at this point (see signature). I suspect it's due to a delay on my namecheck. So, my wife and I have scheduled an InfoPass appointment to speak with an immigration officer. I would like to document the information collected in this appointment as best as I can (e.g. officer feedback, namecheck initiation date, namecheck status, etc.).

So, questions:

(1) What documents should I share (or not share) with the officer during the appointment? (e.g. letters to Senators, correspondence with CIS Ombudsman? AC-21 documentation? change of address documentation? etc.) :confused:

(2) What data can I ask the officer for in order to document his feedback? (i.e. officer name? written status on my case? etc.) :confused:

(3) Our petitions were filed at TSC. However we recently moved to California. So, our upcoming InfoPass appointment is in California. Will the California officer be able to assist us or will they decline us assistance upfront (because our cases reside at TSC)?

Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, of course. I did it just this afternoon.

I have not seen any response yet, but if I do get a response, I will share it here.

java01 said:
Did you write and get any response yet?