TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

prereview?

Today I called TSC again and a friendly lady told me that my case is pending under "prereview" stage. I forget to ask if it is because name check.
I guess if it is stuck in security check, they shows "prereview" otherwise, they shows "under review", right?
Anyone has an oppinion?
Also recently I noticed that three cases ( just a few before or after my receipt number) with the same RD as mine (7/12/2006) were approved on 1/18 and 1/23.
I guess that is because USCIS try to go back to see whether the security check is cleared for those cases with RD over or close to the processing date.
And if they are, then they start to approve those cases.
I guess people with RD near the processing dates should receive approval email soon if your NC is cleared by now.
However, I guess I am not the lucky one yet.
I wonder if I need to schedule an infopass appointment because I need to drive 150 miles (one way) to meet the officer.
Maybe wait until the processing day is over 30 days of my RD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't waste your time!

infopass appointments are the most useless thing in our situation (trying to find out the status of our case) your case will be approved when it's going to be approved and an infopass appointment will not speed the process they have no control on the Service center. If you case is outside the processing time call the service center when the time time is right using the good old POJ method.

Good Luck.

eb2hope said:
infopass appointments are the most useless thing in our situation (trying to find out the status of our case) your case will be approved when it's going to be approved and an infopass appointment will not speed the process they have no control on the Service center. If you case is outside the processing time call the service center when the time time is right using the good old POJ method.

Good Luck.

Please specify what is POJ method?

problem I met with calling service center

The women who answered my call are extremely rude. When I asked when the name check started or if it is cleared, she just kept saying " we cannot tell you anything" in impolite manner. It is very unpleasant experience, and I guess we paid the fee to hire them to answer the call. That's why I went to info pass to get info.

eb2hope said:

Good Luck.

phc said:
I guess people with RD near the processing dates should receive approval email soon if your NC is cleared by now.

These days looks like everybody's stuck in NC. How many approvals have we seen since Dec 1st? Next to none.

rollingstone said:
These days looks like everybody's stuck in NC. How many approvals have we seen since Dec 1st? Next to none.
Definitely seems like it. We have seen very few approvals. TSC still says that they are processing cases from July 17th 2006.

In murthy forum one attorney replied that processing time dates should not be taken strictly. So, can we believe these published dates ?

Another thing, i 'feel' majority of users in this thread/forum are from retrogressed countries. How many reported I-485 clearance within 6 months ?

How are you folks sticking to same job for 5 - 8 years ?

I am at my current job for the past 5+ years .
Same designation, same supervisor, same building, same office, same ...
My secret : Got a good supervisor. Doesn't take advantage of the situation
that i depend on him for my GC ship to sail through. Good R&D work. Inertia to move to other companies.

prince123 said:
In murthy forum one attorney replied that processing time dates should not be taken strictly. So, can we believe these published dates ?

Another thing, i 'feel' majority of users in this thread/forum are from retrogressed countries. How many reported I-485 clearance within 6 months ?

They should really put an asterisk against the published dates.

The published dates are true if:
1. Your priority date is current
2. Your Name Check and other security checks are cleared.

I feel that other than name check, USCIS has some other criteria for approval.How can so many people will be stuck in name check ? We are seeing not many approvals lately . I know atleast 4 friends (Indians), who filed 485 in 2005 and 2 of them got approved after one year and two of them are still waiting. I feel it is a minimum one year for Indians and you are lucky, if you get an approval in about a year time.

My case was transferred from TSC to VSC 4 month back and the letter said they did this to speed up processing. After 4 months, I have no clue what do they mean by 'Speed Up' . VSC processing Mar 2006 cases whereas TSC processing July 2006. TSC was atleast 6 months ahead of VSC on processing dates, when my case was transferred .If processing date is the criteria, they would have processed my case at TSC only.

imcdude said:
Definitely seems like it. We have seen very few approvals. TSC still says that they are processing cases from July 17th 2006.

prince123 said:
that i depend on him for my GC ship to sail through. Good R&D work. Inertia to move to other companies.
I hear you... I am kinda in the same boat myself, so I am just praying every day that nothing happens to my manager. If it were not for him, I would not cope...
Now, the greatest fear I have is what happens when he gets promoted (and trust me, he deserves it) - I'll have to stay behind to keep the job description intact...

Same is my observation. Many of my Indian friends have similar stories. In my limited circle , i am yet to physically see one Indian guy who got approved in less than 6 months.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
.....I know atleast 4 friends (Indians), who filed 485 in 2005 and 2 of them got approved after one year and two of them are still waiting. I feel it is a minimum one year for Indians and you are lucky, if you get an approval in about a year time.

Name Check mystery - I'm Screwed

Today I called TSC, and rep told me that I'm stuck with FBI. It means I'm stuck in Name Check. Few months back I called them, they told I'm my name check is cleared.

Who to believe :mad:

Let's draft a letter addressing the issue

The letter ought to be mailed to attention of director of TSC, to director or USCIS, to your local congressman and senator. The letter ought to point out our suspicion about the variance between our observation and the published data. The published data include:1)official processing date 2)FBI namecheck only 5% got delayed for over 6 months. They publish the data to claim credit for meeting the 6 months processing goal, the FBI publish their data for the same kind of purpose to show people they are not an inefficient agency. That are their weakness, the published statistics, we can use them to our advantage, because we know it is a lie. People will do anything to defend their lies, this may include actually speeding up the processing of our (mostly chinese and indian cases) to avoid being identified lying about processing speed.

We just need to draft the letter, and send on behalf of individual or an orgnization (if you are a member of immigrationvoice), the letter shall voice our concern of false public information, accuse them of discriminating, ...

A letter to the high level officials may actually work. I remember I mailed a letter to Philly backlog center director and cced elain chao in 1995 pointing out the fact they are not processing LCs per FIFO order, I got a letter back addressing my concern, and shortly after my LC was approved.

Government agencies like pretend to be fair, honest, we should take advantage of this situation... using what they published what they claimed and pointin out the difference between the report and our observation not on individual level but on collateral level.

prince123 said:
Same is my observation. Many of my Indian friends have similar stories. In my limited circle , i am yet to physically see one Indian guy who got approved in less than 6 months.

NSC approvals

NSC has seen a few approvals during last few days:

dc4opera
I-485
LIN06188*****
RD 6/8/06
ND 6/13/06
FP done 7/1/06
LUD 7/5/06, 1/25/07
AD 1/25/07

eb1_nsc
EB1C NSC (India) ARP17
485 RD 09/22/2006 ND 10/10/2006 AD 01/16/2007
EAD RD 09/22/2006 ND 10/10/2006 AD 12/12/2006
AP RD 09/22/2006 ND 10/10/2006 AD 12/19/2006
FP 11/21/2006 (self), 12/08/2006 (re-FP spouse)
LUDs 10/13(ND), 12/11(re-FP), 12/12(EAD), 12/15(EAD Card), 12/19(AP), 01/16 (Card)

gc@last
MySelf:I140/I485 - RD 07/18/2006 ND 07/21/2006
I140 LIN 06 219 XXXXX - LUD - 07/25/2006, 07/26/2006, 08/11/2006,08/12/2006 Upgraded to PP 10/11/2006 LUD 10/12/2006, AD 10/13/2006 AD: 01/17/2007
FP: ND -08/03/2006 - DONE - 08/10/2006
I485 LIN 06 219 XXXXX - LUD - 07/25/2006, 07/26/2006, FP Related - 08/11/2006,08/12/2006: 09/24/2006 , 09/25/2006 ,11/06/2006, 11/07/2006 AD: 01/17/2007
Message Never Changed Until Approval on USCIS Website
Current Message :
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On January 17, 2007, we ordered production of your new card.

mrcMD
LC applied :Nov 2001.from MD
Category :EB2, Non-retrogressed country.
LC Approved: Mid 2006
I-140/485 concurent applied:August 02, 2006
I-140: approved on: 4 weeks after filinf and converting to PP
I-485: Approval notice received on 01/19/07

gc_rush
PD Apr 2006
I485 ND Jun 2 (TSC -> NSC Jun 27) LUD Jul 8,
Primary : Oct 26 (rd in NSC) Oct 27, AD: Dec 7 Nd: Dec 12
Card Ordered: Dec 14
Dep : Oct 23(rd in NSC) Oct 24, Oct 25, Oct 26, RFE: Dec 7
RFE resp rd : Dec 29; With officer : Jan 17, AD, Jan 18; Email rcvd: Jan 22
FP Jun 26

prince123 said:

I just counting my days... last 6 months….it’s time for CHANGE
I don’t want to wait for stupid name check report and finger print report for more than year.
I think we can change employer 6 months after 486 receipt right???
Am i correct or my understanding is wrong??
Ladude10

1st LC: PD July 2002 CA EB3 PBEC Status: Still waiting :mad: :mad:

2nd LC (Substitution) PD Jan 2000 :)
I-140 RD 09/18/2006 AD 10/04/2006 :)

485 is in TSC
I765 RD 12/8/06 AD 12/29/06 :)
I131 RD 12/8/06 AD 1/08/07 :)
I485 RD 12/8/06 LUD 12/31/06, 01/24/07 :) :confused:
FP code 3 and bio done on 12/29/06 :)

ladude10 said:
I think we can change employer 6 months after 486 receipt right???
Am i correct or my understanding is wrong??

Yes, My understanding is that 180 days of I-485 application one can
switch to a "same or similar" job in another company and continue with
I-485 journey ( one needs to have the I-140 approved too before switching ).

Now, the risk is that USCIS can interpret what is same or similar" job, so there is a
varying degree of risk.

I am not sure about discrimination

richshi said:
......the letter shall voice our concern of false public information, accuse them of discriminating, ...

may be it has to do with the volume of applicants from a particular country,
number of people from that country etc ( related to background check ). From murthy forum one guy from Bangladesh reported applying I-485 in Nov.06 and getting approved in Jan.'07.

Another guy from SriLanka applied on Dec.2006 and got approval in Jan '07.

I485 updated

I just noticed that my I485 was updated on 1/24/2007, the updated date before this one is 7/11/2006. Does anyone get I485 updated after a long quiet period? What does it mean? My I458's RD is 5/16/2006. PD is 10/10/2003.