TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

TSCEB2Current said:
Dear friends,

My i-485 (principal) and my wife's (derivative) have been pending for 12 months+ at this point (see signature). I suspect it's due to a delay on my namecheck. So, my wife and I have scheduled an InfoPass appointment to speak with an immigration officer. I would like to document the information collected in this appointment as best as I can (e.g. officer feedback, namecheck initiation date, namecheck status, etc.).

So, questions:

(1) What documents should I share (or not share) with the officer during the appointment? (e.g. letters to Senators, correspondence with CIS Ombudsman? AC-21 documentation? change of address documentation? etc.) :confused:

(2) What data can I ask the officer for in order to document his feedback? (i.e. officer name? written status on my case? etc.) :confused:

(3) Our petitions were filed at TSC. However we recently moved to California. So, our upcoming InfoPass appointment is in California. Will the California officer be able to assist us or will they decline us assistance upfront (because our cases reside at TSC)?

Many thanks.

I am guessing this is the 1st time you are going for infopass. I have done this before for something else that actually was pending in the center that I had an appointment in, so I am not sure if they can access TSC info in CA. Have the receipts that you want to inquire about with you. Also have a wide open smile and be nice to the officer. Then he/she might be more helpful. They deal with many PO individuals on a daily basis and as aggravated as we are with our pending stuff this officers are also human beings and do this for their living. Overall don't bank on the visit being a whole lot of help and let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

sam2010 said:
I don't understand how you came up with this conclusion. If you see the details of all their records, the approval or update date in most of the cases are prior to today's date (spanning the entire month), which means they were not touched/approaved today but over a period of the entire month or so.

May be their program which runs daily to extract this informaiton was not working properly... just a thought...
:)

As I said , I am not sure about their numbers etc but definitely the trend. so when they are processing 485's you will see people reporting LUD's and/or approvals alot on the forums
See for yourself from today onwards...

USCIS fee increase

USCIS filing fees has been increased.

1) I-765 for EAD was increased from $170 to $340.
2) I-131 for Advance Parole was increased from $180 to $305.

Fee to file I-485 is increased from $325 to $805 and I-140 it is increased from $ 195 to 475.

When they know to increase the filing fees to almost double, they should also know to decrease the processing time drastically. Outrageous increase at one shot. Last filing fees was increased in Oct 2005 which is only 15 months before.

In this country, if the First class stamp price is increased by a 2 cents there will be critics and will be the top news every news channel saying it is ridiculous increase, USPS poor management.

But, we have to accept this filing fee increase with a smile.

source: check http://www.immigration-law.com

nitinag said:
As I said , I am not sure about their numbers etc but definitely the trend. so when they are processing 485's you will see people reporting LUD's and/or approvals alot on the forums
See for yourself from today onwards...

senqumar said:
USCIS filing fees has been increased.

1) I-765 for EAD was increased from $170 to $340.
2) I-131 for Advance Parole was increased from $180 to $305.

Fee to file I-485 is increased from $325 to $805 and I-140 it is increased from $ 195 to 475.

When they know to increase the filing fees to almost double, they should also know to decrease the processing time drastically. Outrageous increase at one shot. Last filing fees was increased in Oct 2005 which is only 15 months before.

In this country, if the First class stamp price is increased by a 2 cents there will be critics and will be the top news every news channel saying it is ridiculous increase, USPS poor management.

But, we have to accept this filing fee increase with a smile.

source: check http://www.immigration-law.com
This is just a proposal, not a real increase yet.
Anyway, what's your point? Beggars aren't choosers. We do not have a say here, nor we have a right to complain.

Approved!

Hi all,

My case is approved today. There was NO LUD whatsoever before this, since the one I got right after the application submission.

My spouse's case is still pending, but both of us got LUD today, so at least they are working on it.

Thanks for sharing your information. It's been always helpful.

Geo

geofu54 said:
Hi all,

My case is approved today. There was NO LUD whatsoever before this, since the one I got right after the application submission.

My spouse's case is still pending, but both of us got LUD today, so at least they are working on it.

Geo
Congratulations geofu54!

I have updated your information in the tracker.

See my sig for a link to the thread.

waiting4cagc said:
Congratulations geofu54!

I have updated your information in the tracker.

See my sig for a link to the thread.

Thanks much! I was just going to post in the tracker only thread. Thanks for updating it so promptly.

I'll update the nonretro country thread later.

Congrats!

geofu54 said:
Thanks much! I was just going to post in the tracker only thread. Thanks for updating it so promptly.

I'll update the nonretro country thread later.

And best wishes for your future.

Now,
Let us watchhow many from India/China post approvals within next month .
I will be surprised if 3 people from these countries report that they got approved within 6 months of I-485 .

prince123 said:

Now,
I will be surprised if 3 people from these countries report that they got approved within 6 months of I-485 .
there are couple of Indian approval posted on general 485 thread.

From E-mail? or Check status on line?

Two quick questions. Did you see your LUD by checking your status at USCIS web site. Or did you get an e-mail from them? If it was e-mail, did they send it to the e-mail address that you provided in your I-140 form? I'd really appreciate if you'd let me know. Thanks.

geofu54 said:
Hi all,

Geo

Thanks

Thanks much prince123. I hope your case will get approved too soon.

To answer your question, NJ Oct02-PD, I heard the news of approval via email (it was around 11:00 AM), and then I went checking my status at USCIS web site and saw my spouse's case got the first ever LUD without any message change (you don't get any email from them to notify you of LUD's unless they are accompanied by message change; today's emails were all about my cases approved only). You said "the e-mail address that you provided in your I-140 form," and if I'm not misunderstanding you, you need to register at USCIS website in order to get email notifications. From the case status check site, go to "register" on the left hand sidebar, and follow the instruction.

geofu54 said:
Thanks much prince123. I hope your case will get approved too soon.

To answer your question, NJ Oct02-PD, I heard the news of approval via email (it was around 11:00 AM), and then I went checking my status at USCIS web site and saw my spouse's case got the first ever LUD without any message change (you don't get any email from them to notify you of LUD's unless they are accompanied by message change; today's emails were all about my cases approved only). You said "the e-mail address that you provided in your I-140 form," and if I'm not misunderstanding you, you need to register at USCIS website in order to get email notifications. From the case status check site, go to "register" on the left hand sidebar, and follow the instruction.

congrats,

i sent u a private message.

prince123 said:

Now,
I had asked my lawyer about what percentage Chinese cases got approved in 6 months among his chinese cases, he said the number is next to zero, and almost all take close to 2 years or even more.

LUD on inquiry?

I got a LUD today after a very long time (3.5 months!). I am wondering if this is due to my attorney's inquiry (sent on Jan 8th) or something else. Have folks here who have made a 6+ month inquiry received LUDs afterwards?

sarshet said:
I got a LUD today after a very long time (3.5 months!). I am wondering if this is due to my attorney's inquiry (sent on Jan 8th) or something else. Have folks here who have made a 6+ month inquiry received LUDs afterwards?

My attorney made an inquiry on Dec. 5. TSC wrote a letter to reply on Jan 10. I got a LUD on Jan 11.

GYC said:
I had asked my lawyer about what percentage Chinese cases got approved in 6 months among his chinese cases, he said the number is next to zero, and almost all take close to 2 years or even more.

This is interesting. I know that almost all Iranians take about two years to get approved. If Chinese and Indians take about two years to approve, then who gets approved in 6 month? :p Most of the applicants are either Chinese or Indian, if they get approved in about two years, I have no idea based on what evidence these guys say, they approve cases in 6 month. It is really funny :rolleyes:

schehrazi said:
This is interesting. I know that almost all Iranians take about two years to get approved. If Chinese and Indians take about two years to approve, then who gets approved in 6 month? :p Most of the applicants are either Chinese or Indian, if they get approved in about two years, I have no idea based on what evidence these guys say, they approve cases in 6 month. It is really funny :rolleyes:

when those guys are doing their statistics, they just simply took out the hugh numbers of pending security check cases and then claim that their processing time reduce to 6 months.

bay said:
when those guys are doing their statistics, they just simply took out the hugh numbers of pending security check cases and then claim that their processing time reduce to 6 months.
And FBI claims that 90 % NameCheck will be done in 60 days. One of the number is not true

My spouse's 485 was approved in two month, while my name check is pending since last June. The difference is I am from China, while my spouse is from Europe.

schehrazi said:

smalldog said:
My spouse's 485 was approved in two month, while my name check is pending since last June. The difference is I am from China, while my spouse is from Europe.

yes that makes perfect sense, with changing world order, conflicts with US, iran, iraq etc..., country of origin matters, especially to US agencies, plus ethnic background also, like I'm from pakistan, although pakistani government is US ally supporting and helping finding bad guys, and so does all educated and non-radical muslims, but still to uS government 'pakistan' is a troubled country and I don't blame them, they have to do their security check to save from bad guys.