TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Thanks IMCDUDE. I am curently working on 8th year H1B extension. Both my H1B and EAD expire within a month of difference. Is it necessary to apply for 9th year H1B extension ? or I can start using EAD ? My wife travelled outside US using AP which means I already had used EAD ?

imcdude said:
RJNJ:

If you are working on an EAD, apply at least 4 months ahead of time.

If you are working on H-1B, 3 months ahead of time.

GHEBAUER said:
Hi ,
I think is the best for you to send it at least 100 days before the current one expires , as andi garcia posted here !!! But the new message on USCIS site says , that you should apply six months before the expiring of your current one !!! Now it's up to you , but do not delay to much !!! It can be aproved fast , or in the time frame posted by them ( exceptions can exist also ) !!!

Good luck !!!

Hi everyone and GHEBAUER,

Do you have a website link to the "six months" reference?

Many thanks.

no more WOM to clear namecheck

for people who r stuck for a long time in namecheck and were thinking of filin a lawsuit, this is not applicable anymore. this is a very bad news. check immigration-law.com

01/22/2007: Mandamus Action No Longer Panacea to Natulization Backlog?

Some of those who applied for the citizenship (naturalization) faced the clog of security check delays, in some cases even for years. There was enough blame to go around between the DHS and the FBI as to who was responsible for the backlog. As the USCIS acknowledged, the USCIS somehow accelerated the processing of some security-clogged cases when the applicants brought a mandamus action before the federal courts asking the federal court to mandate the USCIS to process the applications. It more or less opened a flood gate of mandamus actions by the involved applicants causing a tremendous burden on the agency and the U.S. Attorneys in terms of the resources and time.
The news have recently surfaced that the U.S. Attorneys would fight out rather than back down or settle in such lawsuits. It is a bad news for those who suffer from terrible delays in naturalization because of the so-called security check backlog. In the first place, it will become very expensive to litigate. Additionally, the outcome of success in such litigation may not necessarily lead to the quick fix any more of the naturalization delays.

TSCEB2Current said:

Many thanks.

I saw a similar statement on the documents of EAD (which i received with EAD card) to apply 180 days before to renew it.

Channon

RJ,
You seem in a very similar situation to me, except I'm on 9th year extension.

I also travelled using AP recently.

Anyway travelling on AP does not/should not impact your continuing on H-1B extension.

If your company is willing to extend your H-1B, that would be the safe way to go.

However if extending your H-1B is a problem, then switch over to EAD.

I'm planning to switchover to EAD as well once my H-1B expires (against my lawyer's advice).

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Thanks IMCDUDE. I am curently working on 8th year H1B extension. Both my H1B and EAD expire within a month of difference. Is it necessary to apply for 9th year H1B extension ? or I can start using EAD ? My wife travelled outside US using AP which means I already had used EAD ?

My immigration attorney finally contacted the USCIS to find out the status of my case, since the current processing date is 30 days past my application date. Sadly, the response was very vague -> "application is currently under review and in processing". Unless that's code for something significant, I have to wait another 60 days before I can make another inquiry. The next time I'll probably call myself. I had specifically asked him to inquire about my name check, but that was too much to expect him to do I guess. Anything else I can do but wait out the 60 days now?

LCHopeful said:
My immigration attorney finally contacted the USCIS to find out the status of my case, since the current processing date is 30 days past my application date. Sadly, the response was very vague -> "application is currently under review and in processing". Unless that's code for something significant, I have to wait another 60 days before I can make another inquiry. The next time I'll probably call myself. I had specifically asked him to inquire about my name check, but that was too much to expect him to do I guess. Anything else I can do but wait out the 60 days now?

call by yourself again. lawyers are useless. or take an infopass and inquire there.

I had called USCIS last week and their response was "It is under review".
I asked specifically if my name check was cleared and the answer was "we cannot answer that on the phone".
LCHopeful said:

imcdude said:
I had called USCIS last week and their response was "It is under review".
I asked specifically if my name check was cleared and the answer was "we cannot answer that on the phone".
AFAIK "under review" is what's written on the first screen. It's a very generic message meaning the processing is in progress.

EB2 india implications

Guys,
Please see my signature for details on my 485 application. My PD is 12/01 and 485 RD is 6/25 and FP date is 9/27. No more LUD's after that/

I want to know if any of you know (based of analyzis of recent data) if my application wont be approved anytime soon. I would LOVE IT if my APPLICATION DOESNT GET APPROVED in the next 2-3 months.

Reason being, I am single and I have more or less identified my life partner. I am travelling to India on Jan 31 to fix up my marriage. This may take abt 1 month. If my 485 isnt approved....I can get my wife on H4 and file AOS for her....

I know this thing is so damn unpredictable....but any gurus providing their insight will be much appreciated.

TSCEB2Current said:

Many thanks.

Hi TSCEB2Current ,

Just go to the USCIS homepage and click on "Employment authorization" , wich is found on the left side on the page , and read all the info provided there ( including renewal ) !!! Hopefully this will help !!!

Regards,

ghebauer

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Filing EAD

While filling the I-765 form on-line, there is "current status" question with about 128 possible values in drop down. which one do you guys think appropriate to my situation.

Currently i am on EAD and my 9th year H1 got expired in 09/2006. I have left us in 06/2003 and re-entered on H1.

My question is : From below values which one is appropriate (these are subset of 128 values)

Current Immigration Status:
(Visitor, Student, etc.)
Select a Status

EAO: EMPLOYMENT ADVISORY OPTION
EWI: ENTRY WITHOUT INSPECTION

H1: ALIEN OF DIST MERIT & ABILITY
H1B: SPECIALITY OCCUPATION
H1C: Nurse Relief
H2: TEMPORARY LABOR CERTIFICATION
H2A: TEMPORARY AGRICULTURAL WORKER
H2B: TEMPORARY NON-AG WORKER

IMM: IMMIGRANT
IN: INDEFINITE PAROLE

K1: ALIEN FIANCE(E) OF USC
K2: CHILD OF K1
K3: SPOUSE OF USC
K4: CHILD OF USC

O1: ALIEN W/EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
O1A: EXTRAORDINARY ALIEN - NON-ARTS
O1B: EXTRAORDINARY ALIEN IN ARTS
O2: ACCOMPANYING ALIEN TO O1
O3: SPOUSE/CHILD OF O-1, O-2
OP: PAROLEE (OVERSEAS AUTHORIZED)

Last edited by a moderator:
rks2007 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I have few question:

Here is my current status from USCIS website:
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case received and pending.

My case under EB2 category is current and overduefor more than 2 months almost. TSC is processing July 17,2006 cases.

Based on the information from this forum, I contact USCIS and somehow got connected to information department. They repeated the same information as available online and did not provide any further information.

She mentioned that she will send a referral to Texas centre to provide some update to me in next 30 days. She said she don’t have any further information about my case. She was asking if I was interviewed by any local immigration staff. I said I was not interviewed. I donot know if interview is needed. She just took my details and told me that she had successfully sent the referral to Texas centre.

Is this normal? How to speak to TSC? Whats is LUD? How to know if case is struck in namecheck or FBI, whch I hope not :)? Anyone received approval after May 25,2006 PD date?

Labor PD: June 2002
PD: I-485 May 25,2006
EB-2
FP: June 2006
EAD/AP received

Hey Man: how do you know that TSC is processing cases from July 17 2002?
B

ohioperm said:
Finally I received the approval notice and the card in the mail today. Thanks to all in this forum who provide useful information. Good luck to all!

EB2/ Rest of the world/ PD: 06/2006

I-140 (TSC) RD: 7/20 ND: 7/25 AD: 8/11
I-485 RD: 8/2/2006 ND: 8/3/2006
FP: 8/17/2006
LUD: 8/6/2006; 8/17/2006; 8/18/2006; 9/14/2006; 9/15/2006; 9/21/2006; 9/22/06; 10/11/06; 10/12/06; 01/11/2007; 01/12/2007; 01/13/2007; 01/20/2007
RFE sent: 9/14/2006 Received: 9/18/2006 Replied: 9/19/2006 Receive Date: 9/21/2006
AD: 01/12/2007
CM: 01/19/2007, CR: 01/22/2007
quick questin for you ohiosperm: did you ever apply for lc or did you directly apply for perm?
B

BobbySingh said:
quick questin for you ohiosperm: did you ever apply for lc or did you directly apply for perm?
B

Here is the answer:PD: 06/2006

Regukar LC ended Mar 28, 2005 so only perm was available after that.