I have updated the tracker as follows:

1. Added data for the following people:

KeenOnGC
USCIS_GC_APPRO

2. Updated data for the following people:
TSCEB2Current
KGY
masood_55

3. Corrected conditional formatting and sorted data by 485 RD in ascending order. (If the 485 is approved the entire row should have a green background.)

Thanks

waiting4cagc said:
I have updated the tracker as follows:

1. Added data for the following people:

KeenOnGC
USCIS_GC_APPRO

2. Updated data for the following people:
TSCEB2Current
KGY
masood_55

3. Corrected conditional formatting and sorted data by 485 RD in ascending order. (If the 485 is approved the entire row should have a green background.)
I shall update the tracker in case of changes.

Card received

I received the card in the mail last Friday 01/19/07.

Thanks to all who post useful information in this forum.

Good luck to all.

Jon

2getgc said:
I had my lawyer contact USCIS to query my status on Dec 5, 2006. Total I got a reply letter from USCIS. The answer is somehow surprised to me. The told me “ our review indicates that this is actually within our processing time. They regret any misunderstanding. “ My 485 RD is May 2, 2006. According to the processing time published by UICIS on Dec 5, 2006, the processing time for 485 is June 1, 2006. I am just 30 days outside the processing date. Actually, the letter was wrote on Jan 10, 2007, the 485 processing date was already moved forward to Jun 15, 2006 per the processing date released on Dec. 18, 2006. The latest TSC processing date was already July 17, 2006.

I didn’t know if the letter gave a good indication because they never mentioned security check issue? I had infopass on Dec 12, 2006 also. The local immigration official told me I am stucking in name check. Did the letter mean the name-check is complete?

Had anybody have similar experience? Please advise the indication. Thanks
Do not take too much weight on what they say. Their job fills all kinds of errors!

Response from TSC

I called USCIS on 11/20/06 and customer support rep opened a service request on my I485 case because of the case is Outside Processing time. I had a LUD on 01/09/07 and Yesterday in mail i got letter from TSC with the following Info:

The processing of your petition/application has ben delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications,. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay. XM158

Does anyone get this kind of letter? what does XM158 means?

one more thing... Submitting a Case Problem to CIS Ombudsman will help ? Does anyone did this? if yes, can you share your experience?

Called USCIS

Socialmix....
Your case is very similar to mine. Spoke to a nice lady from USCIS. She took my case details and initiated an inquiry about my wife's case. I am guessing its stuck in name check as well. She told me that USCIS will get back to me in 30 days.

Its been almost 2.5 months since they approved mine. However my wife's GC Is stuck in NC...I am sure there are many in similar situation.

Need advice fellows...

So if the spouse has to travel to India while the primary applicants 485 is approved does she need an advanced parole. Or is it possible to travel to India. Spouse is on H4 (but EAD has been approved but not used).

Gurus please provide your thoughts around what is the way out here.

Need advice fellows...

So if the spouse has to travel to India while the primary applicants 485 is approved does she need an advanced parole. Or is it possible to travel to India. Spouse is on H4 (but EAD has been approved but not used).

Gurus please provide your thoughts around what is the way out here.

socialmix said:
I called USCIS on 11/20/06 and customer support rep opened a service request on my I485 case because of the case is Outside Processing time. I had a LUD on 01/09/07 and Yesterday in mail i got letter from TSC with the following Info:

The processing of your petition/application has ben delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications,. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay. XM158

Does anyone get this kind of letter? what does XM158 means?

one more thing... Submitting a Case Problem to CIS Ombudsman will help ? Does anyone did this? if yes, can you share your experience?

XM158 was ID of the immigration official who replied your query.

I got a letter Friday from uscis and told me my case was still within processing time. The just made an excuse mathmatically as My RD was just on 30 day outside the processing time at the time I made query. I had a LUD on Jan 11. The reply letter was wrote on Jan 10. The LUD was caused by the query letter definitely.
THe delay of the FBI name check is only reason to blame. I will contact my congressman to expidite the FBI name check

laborpain01 said:
So if the spouse has to travel to India while the primary applicants 485 is approved does she need an advanced parole.

As far as I know, H4 status is expired together with H1, i.e. once primary applicant is approved, his/her spouse's H4 is not valid anymore. So AP is the way to travel. By the way, H1/H4 is not affected by use of EAD.

At least you know what is going on with your case

The service request at least put some immigration official look at your case... if you are stuck with NC, then you know where to put your efforts.

I guess i will call them too next month if my case not approved in the next couple of weeks (today is 180 days! since filing). The call will trigger a service request, then someone will look at your case. If it is NC delay, then let it be.

2getgc said:

I got a letter Friday from uscis and told me my case was still within processing time. The just made an excuse mathmatically as My RD was just on 30 day outside the processing time at the time I made query. I had a LUD on Jan 11. The reply letter was wrote on Jan 10. The LUD was caused by the query letter definitely.
THe delay of the FBI name check is only reason to blame. I will contact my congressman to expidite the FBI name check

Applying for Advanced Parole...??

Does anyone here has any exp with applying for Advanced Parole themselves and not using a lawyer...

Is it very simple procedure..Would appreciate if people share their experience about filing it themselves.

thanks

add me in the tracker

My information:

EB-2 PD Sept. 2002 AD May 2006
I-140 approved in June, 2006
I-485 RD July 6, 2006
FP on Oct. 20, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
laborpain01 said:
Socialmix....
Your case is very similar to mine. Spoke to a nice lady from USCIS. She took my case details and initiated an inquiry about my wife's case. I am guessing its stuck in name check as well. She told me that USCIS will get back to me in 30 days.

Its been almost 2.5 months since they approved mine. However my wife's GC Is stuck in NC...I am sure there are many in similar situation.

keep your hopes up... your wife's will also get approved soon...

When i called USCIS rep told me that my wife's name check is done and they can't approve unless my security check is cleared as i am the primary applicant...

2getgc said:

seems that a lot people stuck in name check, but the FBI said that only 10% name check had not been cleared after 60 days. Numbers seems don't add up.

GYC said:
seems that a lot people stuck in name check, but the FBI said that only 10% name check had not been cleared after 60 days. Numbers seems don't add up.

They mean 10% of all the people not only for immigration purposes. I think that the percentage for immigration purposes is higher than that.

Read the following paragraph from their webpage:

The National Name Check Program's has its genesis in Executive Order 10450, issued during the Eisenhower Administration. This executive order addresses personnel security issues, and mandated National Agency Checks (NACs) as part of the pre-employment vetting and background investigation process. The FBI is a primary NAC conducted on all U.S. government employees. Since September 11th, name check requests have grown, with more and more customers seeking background information from FBI files on individuals before bestowing a privilege—whether that privilege is government employment or an appointment, a security clearance, attendance at a White House function, a Green card or naturalization, admission to the bar, or a visa for the privilege of visiting our homeland. More than 70 federal and state agencies regularly request FBI name checks. In addition to serving federal, state, and local government customers, the NNCP conducts numerous name searches in direct support of the counterintelligence, counterterrorism, and homeland security efforts of the FBI.

andy garcia said:
They mean 10% of all the people not only for immigration purposes. I think that the percentage for immigration purposes is higher than that.

Read the following paragraph from their webpage:

The National Name Check Program's has its genesis in Executive Order 10450, issued during the Eisenhower Administration. This executive order addresses personnel security issues, and mandated National Agency Checks (NACs) as part of the pre-employment vetting and background investigation process. The FBI is a primary NAC conducted on all U.S. government employees. Since September 11th, name check requests have grown, with more and more customers seeking background information from FBI files on individuals before bestowing a privilege—whether that privilege is government employment or an appointment, a security clearance, attendance at a White House function, a Green card or naturalization, admission to the bar, or a visa for the privilege of visiting our homeland. More than 70 federal and state agencies regularly request FBI name checks. In addition to serving federal, state, and local government customers, the NNCP conducts numerous name searches in direct support of the counterintelligence, counterterrorism, and homeland security efforts of the FBI.
Thanks for the info, but;
1. They didn't say immigration name check is under a different standard.
2. Also about 44% (27/62) name checks are from USCIS, I estimate that 1/3 to 1/2 percentage of I-485 has name check issues (since there are still about half of Jan-2006 I-485 cases pending). Those number dosn't point to a 92% cleared in 60 days., unless immigration name checks are under a different stardand and the rest name checks almost 100% cleared in 60 days.

You can apply online and it is very simple

laborpain01 said:
Does anyone here has any exp with applying for Advanced Parole themselves and not using a lawyer...

Is it very simple procedure..Would appreciate if people share their experience about filing it themselves.

thanks
You can apply online and it is very simple. Check single or multiple entry is the only confusion I remembered.