TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

AP renewal 4 months before expiry and travel in between

All,

I have an urgent question and need answers from experts and experienced folks.

My AP needs be renewed. It will expire in May 31st and I will be travelling outside US in Feb-March and need to know if there any precaution I need to take.

Thanks,
neargc

New system of January 3rd

Azazello said:
Man, you are doomed... A friend of mine lost his passport and filed a police report as required for the lost documents. His passport has never been found or returned to him, although he got a new one without a tiniest problem and travels using it ever since, but nevertheless he's now stuck in name check...
Looks like these days even such a small thing (or even a traffic ticket) can get one stuck.
My take on it - the moment processing date is more then 30 days later then your receipt date - file the WOM.
That's the only way to go. Meanwhile, I'm going to write to my Congressman asking to verify that my name check has not cleared yet using the new system they have introduced on January 3rd.

Azazello,

What new system of January 3rd are your referring to? Do you have a link you can share?

Thanks.

Yes. Don't lose the AP document. :rolleyes:

neargc said:
All,

I have an urgent question and need answers from experts and experienced folks.

My AP needs be renewed. It will expire in May 31st and I will be travelling outside US in Feb-March and need to know if there any precaution I need to take.

Thanks,
neargc

TSCEB2Current said:
Azazello,

What new system of January 3rd are your referring to? Do you have a link you can share?

Thanks.
I'll try to dig it out. It has been on this forum, I just do not remember exact topic. In a nutshell: USCIS has promised to put in place an internal computerized tracking system for FBI namechecks with an option for a Congressperson to access it on request of a constituent.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I have few question:

Here is my current status from USCIS website:
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case received and pending.

My case under EB2 category is current and overduefor more than 2 months almost. TSC is processing July 17,2006 cases.

Based on the information from this forum, I contact USCIS and somehow got connected to information department. They repeated the same information as available online and did not provide any further information.

She mentioned that she will send a referral to Texas centre to provide some update to me in next 30 days. She said she don’t have any further information about my case. She was asking if I was interviewed by any local immigration staff. I said I was not interviewed. I donot know if interview is needed. She just took my details and told me that she had successfully sent the referral to Texas centre.

Is this normal? How to speak to TSC? Whats is LUD? How to know if case is struck in namecheck or FBI, whch I hope not :)? Anyone received approval after May 25,2006 PD date?

Labor PD: June 2002
PD: I-485 May 25,2006
EB-2
FP: June 2006
EAD/AP received

laborpain01 said:
I know they take some time to approve Spouse's Card after primary approval. In my case its been more than 2 months and the dates (both PD and RD) are favourable to us. Is anyone else in the same boat..??????

Please respond

I am in the same boat, mine what approved in 26 days, I am still waiting for my Wife's GC, my lawyer even asked TSC about her case and they refused to take any action because her PD is not current. They just said is pending for a decision, everything looks OK.

KMax said:
Yes. Don't lose the AP document. :rolleyes:

Of course I will be careful and will not lose it.

But my questions are

1) Should I be able to use my current AP for multiple entries?
2) is it safe to apply for renewal during the travelling or before travelling outside US or should I apply once I am back in USA

Thanks,
neargc

neargc said:
Of course I will be careful and will not lose it.

But my questions are

1) Should I be able to use my current AP for multiple entries?
2) is it safe to apply for renewal during the travelling or before travelling outside US or should I apply once I am back in USA

Thanks,
neargc
(1) Yes you can use AP for multiple entries. Just make sure the immigration officer stamps your AP and passport when you re-enter the US. It's good to document your travel that way.

reply from USCIS

I had my lawyer contact USCIS to query my status on Dec 5, 2006. Total I got a reply letter from USCIS. The answer is somehow surprised to me. The told me “ our review indicates that this is actually within our processing time. They regret any misunderstanding. “ My 485 RD is May 2, 2006. According to the processing time published by UICIS on Dec 5, 2006, the processing time for 485 is June 1, 2006. I am just 30 days outside the processing date. Actually, the letter was wrote on Jan 10, 2007, the 485 processing date was already moved forward to Jun 15, 2006 per the processing date released on Dec. 18, 2006. The latest TSC processing date was already July 17, 2006.

I didn’t know if the letter gave a good indication because they never mentioned security check issue? I had infopass on Dec 12, 2006 also. The local immigration official told me I am stucking in name check. Did the letter mean the name-check is complete?

Had anybody have similar experience? Please advise the indication. Thanks

TSC I-485 processing flow ?

The following is purely my imagination:

1. Receive application
2. Send FP notice, send FP info to FBI.
3. Send info to agencies for background check.
4. if ( background check & FP cleared )
{
process the application regardless of
I-485 RD date. This is how people with
RD Oct'06/Nov'06 got approval .
}
else
{
if ( I-485 RD is note yet in processing time range )
{
do nothing
}
else
{
process the application and wait for the name check.
}
}

I hope 4th step else part is not like the following,

{
}
else
{
do nothing
}

Finally card mailed

Finally I got a a message last night saying that the card was mailed. I have not received the approval or the welcoming notice yet, but I was happy to see that they mailed the cards. My details are below. The dates are same for my spouse. I will post when I actually receive the card. Thanks a lot to all of you for sharing your info.

EB2/ Rest of the world/ PD: 06/2006

I-140 (TSC) RD: 7/20 ND: 7/25 AD: 8/11
I-485 RD: 8/2/2006 ND: 8/3/2006
FP: 8/17/2006
LUD: 8/6/2006; 8/17/2006; 8/18/2006; 9/14/2006; 9/15/2006; 9/21/2006; 9/22/06; 10/11/06; 10/12/06; 01/11/2007; 01/12/2007; 01/13/2007; 01/20/2007
RFE sent: 9/14/2006 Received: 9/18/2006 Replied: 9/19/2006 Receive Date: 9/21/2006
AD: 01/12/2007
CM: 01/19/2007

When i called TSC on friday the rep askedmy social security number, my mothers maiden name and my fathers name, is this normal, i have called tsc before too, no one asked these information so far, i did gave my social security number without thinking and now i'm scared, is this normal, did any one had a similar experience, later when i asked why she asked my social she said that she was tryin to verify whether the case belongs to me or not. No clue, hope my social sercurity dosent fall under wrong hands.

WaitingforAges said:
When i called TSC on friday the rep askedmy social security number, my mothers maiden name and my fathers name, is this normal, i have called tsc before too, no one asked these information so far, i did gave my social security number without thinking and now i'm scared, is this normal, did any one had a similar experience, later when i asked why she asked my social she said that she was tryin to verify whether the case belongs to me or not. No clue, hope my social sercurity dosent fall under wrong hands.
HI,
I noticed that your RD is just around their processing date but not exceed 30 days. Did you find it helpful to call TSC? Did they tell you stuck in name check or some other information? Would you mind share with us. Thanks!

prince123 said:
The following is purely my imagination:

1. Receive application
2. Send FP notice, send FP info to FBI.
3. Send info to agencies for background check.
{
}
else
{
if ( I-485 RD is note yet in processing time range )
{
do nothing
}
else
{
process the application and wait for the name check.
}
}

I hope 4th step else part is not like the following,

{
}
else
{
do nothing
}
Very succint! All this assuming that they do follow a process :).
I have been following this forum but posting only now.
My details in the signature..

antonioa77 said:
my AP and EAD RD are outside the TSC processing date. even if u r current and they are past due ur RD, if u talk with them, what they will do? nothing. they will tell u stupid things and tell me sory u r stuck in namecheck, which i know that i'm stuck in.

antonioa77, I noticed you have the same RD for I-485 as mine. I haven't had any LUDs since then, though I had FP in between.

How did you determine that your case is stuck in namecheck?

vpb said:
antonioa77, I noticed you have the same RD for I-485 as mine. I haven't had any LUDs since then, though I had FP in between.

How did you determine that your case is stuck in namecheck?

get an infopass apointment and ask them about the namecheck of ur case. let me know what u get. send me a private message when u hear something.

Updated Tracker

Before the "stuck in name check" posting frenzy took hold of this thread there was an Excel tracker that manishg_in was updating for a while.

The last post of the Tracker Excel spreadsheet I could find was in post #2179 on Dec 2, 2006. (Almost 700 posts ago...)

I have updated it with a few of the approvals from people on this thread. I also added a column for RFE and response dates.

Anyone else want to add/update their data to this spreadsheet?
(If people add their data then it could help everyone with some statistical data..)

waiting4cagc said:
Before the "stuck in name check" posting frenzy took hold of this thread there was an Excel tracker that manishg_in was updating for a while.

The last post of the Tracker Excel spreadsheet I could find was in post #2179 on Dec 2, 2006. (Almost 700 posts ago...)

I have updated it with a few of the approvals from people on this thread. I also added a column for RFE and response dates.

Anyone else want to add/update their data to this spreadsheet?
(If people add their data then it could help everyone with some statistical data..)

I updated the sheet with my details

Contacting my district Congressman

Hi all,

I am seeking your advice here. Considering that my case has been pending for about four month and half, and also considering that the "RFE received" message which my online profile shows, asks specifically to call USCIS and inquire about the progress, how do you recommend asking my district congressman to do the inquiry?

I talked to a TSC customer service and she said they are waiting for the security checks to be done. However, there have been people here who called different times and got different answers on their clearance. I myself think that if the congressman office is wiling to do it for me, they will probably get a more credible reply. What do you think?

Thanks