TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

schehrazi said:
Congrat's JonF, enjoy it :)

I called TSC this morning to ask about the status of my case. A very nice lady said that they are waiting for my security clearance. Therefore, I guess I officially joined the namecheck waiting league. Welcome me guys :)

Which number did you call to have the status of your security check?

chechu75 said:
Which number did you call to have the status of your security check?

I called the customer service number, then check the status of your application, after which it says if you have filed several cases together and you think they have been separated. Choose that option and it will direct you to a TSC customer service.

schehrazi said:
I called the customer service number, then check the status of your application, after which it says if you have filed several cases together and you think they have been separated. Choose that option and it will direct you to a TSC customer service.

I called in morning also, and USCIS rep told me to wait until my RD becomes current, which is sometime in Feb.

RD=08/10/06

I guess TSC is likely close from Mon. to Wed this week!.

Monday: Martin Luther King Day

Tuesday and Wednesday: Office closure due to sever weather condition

GotItSuperFast said:
2get2gc,
Do you know if Nebraska center is close also because of weather?

No idea about NSC. I knew a lot of businesses in dallas will be close or open late on Tuesday and Wendesday.

Congraduatulation on your GC. It is Unbeliveable fast for an Indian!

Congrats GotItSuperFast. I guess he got it fast because of his priority date of 2000. While reporting they don't want to show a case with 2000 date still pending.

In other words if they want they could approve a 485 in 2-3 months.

I called TSC last week, to check the status the lady representative mentioned that my case is new. I told her, 485 was filed in July 06 (PD:11/2002) again she said that it is new and the name check status is pending.

I guess they must be waiting for a certain threshold number of days to pass. Not sure though.

2getgc said:
No idea about NSC. I knew a lot of businesses in dallas will be close or open late on Tuesday and Wendesday.

Congraduatulation on your GC. It is Unbeliveable fast for an Indian!

senqumar said:
Congrats GotItSuperFast. I guess he got it fast because of his priority date of 2000. While reporting they don't want to show a case with 2000 date still pending.

In other words if they want they could approve a 485 in 2-3 months.

I called TSC last week, to check the status the lady representative mentioned that my case is new. I told her, 485 was filed in July 06 (PD:11/2002) again she said that it is new and the name check status is pending.

I guess they must be waiting for a certain threshold number of days to pass. Not sure though.

they approve cases quickly once ur namecheck get cleared. so for some people, the namecheck get cleared swiftly, which leads to a quick approval thereafter.

senqumar said:
Congrats GotItSuperFast. I guess he got it fast because of his priority date of 2000. While reporting they don't want to show a case with 2000 date still pending.....

Guess again. My priority date is 5/23/1997 and its not a labor substitution case like GotItSuperFast.

Like Antonia77 said namecheck is the thing preventing the quick approvals. And even that is fraught with stupidity since I had full UK security clearance til 2002. :mad:

waiting4cagc said:
Guess again. My priority date is 5/23/1997 and its not a labor substitution case like GotItSuperFast.

Like Antonia77 said namecheck is the thing preventing the quick approvals. And even that is fraught with stupidity since I had full UK security clearance til 2002. :mad:

people haveto understand the rule by now: the only reason to have a I-485 cleared quickly is that ur namecheck is cleared. no other reason is the cause. the PD or that thing are not critical for a swift approval. many people with PD in 2006 through PERM got their I-485 also in 1 month time just because the namechecks cleared.

now I'm really confused!

I know this is the I-485 consolidated thread, but since my I-485 is still pending along with my EAD, I figured I'd write this post here. I called the customer service center, and as has been the case recently, got transferred to a national customer service rep (are the TSC people working anymore?). So I asked about the status on my cases beyond what is already mentioned on the website. Got the same response, no updates, no RFEs, etc. on my I-765, I-140 and I-485 (my biggest fear is that there is an RFE on my case that hasn't shown up online and my company lawyers have not done anything about it). Then, after keeping me on hold for a minute, the person came back and asked if I had had my biometrics taken for my I-765. I replied that the biometrics I received were for the I-485 (I checked the notice and that's the only application mentioned) and I had those done a while ago. She said that I was supposed to have received a separate biometrics notice for the EAD application and put in a request for me and said I should hear something in 45 days. So now I'm really confused - I thought they didn't do biometrics for EAD applications! Was this person just ill informed or have I not being paying attention and everyone gets multiple fingerprinting notices?

I should just stop calling the customer service center. I can't seem to get a straight answer for anything.

On the bright side, I got my travel document today!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a separate Biometric for EAD. Keep faith you were not misinformed.

herenthere said:
I know this is the I-485 consolidated thread, but since my I-485 is still pending along with my EAD, I figured I'd write this post here. I called the customer service center, and as has been the case recently, got transferred to a national customer service rep (are the TSC people working anymore?). So I asked about the status on my cases beyond what is already mentioned on the website. Got the same response, no updates, no RFEs, etc. on my I-765, I-140 and I-485 (my biggest fear is that there is an RFE on my case that hasn't shown up online and my company lawyers have not done anything about it). Then, after keeping me on hold for a minute, the person came back and asked if I had had my biometrics taken for my I-765. I replied that the biometrics I received were for the I-485 (I checked the notice and that's the only application mentioned) and I had those done a while ago. She said that I was supposed to have received a separate biometrics notice for the EAD application and put in a request for me and said I should hear something in 45 days. So now I'm really confused - I thought they didn't do biometrics for EAD applications! Was this person just ill informed or have I not being paying attention and everyone gets multiple fingerprinting notices?

I should just stop calling the customer service center. I can't seem to get a straight answer for anything.

herenthere said:

u get a fingerprint for EAD if you filed online. but if u filed by paper u will not go through a fingerprint for EAD. the national centers people are pretty useless.

NAYAK said:

Do not worry about these published dates, it does not mean anything,
It is only to say approve one case which has six months limit and claim 6 months working time!!!!!!

there are many cases where the 485 cases are filed for more than 6 months and everything is clear but the officer does not have time to clear up the pending cases.

Published dates are just an eyewash, I think most will agree with me.

Only dates matter is if PD is current or not and if U can file 485; then leave it to pending cases, If one is not from retrogressed country, then these dates matter.

If U R from retrogressed country then wish YrSelf Good Luck if Yr file gets clear within 6 months time even if Yr Security Clearance is OK.

Count ~100 cases per country(retrogressed) to get the 485 to be cleared per month.

and one has better chance of winning the lottery than being within 100 counts in a month.

By any chance , Anyone still maintaining the Tracker or is it in a seperate thread ???

BaliUSA said:
It is only to say approve one case which has six months limit and claim 6 months working time!!!!!!

there are many cases where the 485 cases are filed for more than 6 months and everything is clear but the officer does not have time to clear up the pending cases.

Only dates matter is if PD is current or not and if U can file 485; then leave it to pending cases, If one is not from retrogressed country, then these dates matter.

If U R from retrogressed country then wish YrSelf Good Luck if Yr file gets clear within 6 months time even if Yr Security Clearance is OK.

Count ~100 cases per country(retrogressed) to get the 485 to be cleared per month.

and one has better chance of winning the lottery than being within 100 counts in a month.

help find the thread

Guys,
I believe, there is an old different thread somewhere on this board with detailed instructions on what to do if you stuck in name check.
Please advise on the URL.
EB2, world
I-485 RD may/2006
I-140 RD may 2006; AD july/2006
Thank you!

BaliUSA said:

I don't believe they will publicly tell lies.
May be all those cases older than 6 months are in a 'pre-approved' state
and just waiting for the security clearance for the approval.