TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I-485 Address Question

I have question and would appreciate if anyone can reply. I understand that this thread is for I-485 tracker only. However, I did not get any response from other address related thread.

Experts please reply soon.

Can I put VA (permanent address) address on I-485; however I currently stay in Pennsylvania?

Reason I want to use VA address is because:
My project could change, and thus my current city and address.
I-140 and I-485 may take long time.

I do not have address proof of VA. Other then the fact that I received Federal Labor Communication at VA address in past.

In interview, do they usually ask address related question? If yes, in my case, will I have any problem.

Thanks

LUD Changed

My I485 is pending from Aug 2005 but my LUD has changed for my EAD on 01/10/2007 which was approved 2nd time on 08/08/2006.

Recently I have applied for travelling document.

Any idea why it happened??

Thanks in advance!!!

again
Question on I-131 renewal.

If the old I-131 would be expired on July 1st, I applied renewal on Feb. 2nd and got approval on March 3rd, what would be the expiring date for the new I-131? Start from July 2nd, or from March? Thanks

u can see all the approvals for a receipt date in
http://immigrationwatch.com too (recent approvals tab)

GYC said:
mitra88,

1. how did you know those case are the same receipt date as yours?
2. of your sample of 3000 I-485, are they all same receipt date as yours?
anyone knows roughly how many I-485 cases did TSC receive each day?

herenthere said:
It is working days (excluding weekends and all federal holidays). The 3 digits are correct. Try a few - such as 001 or 002 and you'll see the receipt dates for the applications being in early October.
Nice theory, alas it's false. Some of my SRC numbers have 800 for these three digits. Can't be the day of the year, besides they are filed at different days.
What is common for them is that they are e-filed.

Azazello said:
Nice theory, alas it's false. Some of my SRC numbers have 800 for these three digits. Can't be the day of the year, besides they are filed at different days.
What is common for them is that they are e-filed.
I don’t think its true statistics
Some if 485 approved in 1 week
Files 30/11/06 and approved in first week of Dec

They are doing basically the same work as I have done....

sai_krishna said:
u can see all the approvals for a receipt date in
http://immigrationwatch.com too (recent approvals tab)

They also watch the case statuses of USCIS website as I have done, but more efficiently by using computers, if my understanding is correct. However, recently, their data doesn't seem to be reflecting the most recent approval trends.

By looking at pending cases.....

GYC said:
mitra88,

1. how did you know those case are the same receipt date as yours?
2. of your sample of 3000 I-485, are they all same receipt date as yours?
anyone knows roughly how many I-485 cases did TSC receive each day?

I haven't figured out how USCIS assigns the case number to each case. I just typed the case number one by one....and all of those nearby numbers with pending I-485 application had the same receipt date as mine. That's how I figured out it.

Out of my 3000, approximately 2/3 of them were the same receipt date. Others seemed to have adjacent receipt date (like one day after or before). It is my understanding that TSC is now handling approximately 2~4000 I-485 cases everyday.

mitra88 said:
Out of my 3000, approximately 2/3 of them were the same receipt date. Others seemed to have adjacent receipt date (like one day after or before). It is my understanding that TSC is now handling approximately 2~4000 I-485 cases everyday.

You are off by a factor of 10.

According to http://immigrationwatch.com, TSC had ~100000 in 11 months in 2006, or on the order of 300 a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
ladude10 said:
Its looks like approved rate is going down from 56% (jan 06) to 7 % (nov 06)
any reason why? :confused: :confused:

They haven't gotten to a lot of the cases from Nov 06 yet. It will take a while for them to get to the 50% mark. What is concerning is that there are 44% of cases still pending from Jan 06. And if you go a year back, the rates are not any better. Does immigrationwatch update past approval rates from previous years?

ladude10 said:

whenever there are new policies or procedures being planned in near future, they tend to go slow

Same thing happened when PERM was about to be announced and was implemented -there were very few LC approvals for sometime.

so there might be some internal procedure changes happening

Last edited by a moderator:
herenthere said:
They haven't gotten to a lot of the cases from Nov 06 yet. It will take a while for them to get to the 50% mark. What is concerning is that there are 44% of cases still pending from Jan 06. And if you go a year back, the rates are not any better. Does immigrationwatch update past approval rates from previous years?

i don't believe that immigrationwatch is a reliable website. they throw numbers without explaining how they got them.then 50% of the people are stuck for more than 6 months. usually TSC is fast once the namecheck is cleared.so immigrationwatch is hinting that namecheck for 50 % of the cases are pending for more than 6 months. I don't believe those numbers really.

ladude10 said:

Because November ones are pending 2 months and January ones - for 13 months? :cool:

I may be wrong....

Axxe said:
You are off by a factor of 10.

According to http://immigrationwatch.com, TSC had ~100000 in 11 months in 2006, or on the order of 300 a day.

Well, I may have read wrong from another article. But, then, what is the number I have in my hand? I believe 300 is, provided that it is true, just the rate of approval, not receipt....

Approval Notice Sent

I got another LUD this morning and the new status message reads:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

So it would appear as though they order the card production first and then send the approval notice.

I will post another update when I receive the physical card.

Congrats JonF..... Finally you are out of the USCIS mess, Enjoy your freedom

JonF said:
I got another LUD this morning and the new status message reads:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

So it would appear as though they order the card production first and then send the approval notice.

I will post another update when I receive the physical card.

Congrat's JonF, NameCheck

Congrat's JonF, enjoy it :)

I called TSC this morning to ask about the status of my case. A very nice lady said that they are waiting for my security clearance. Therefore, I guess I officially joined the namecheck waiting league. Welcome me guys :)