TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

alex904 said:
One of my coworkers who is Indian just received 485 approval. He filed LC in April and 140/485 in the mid June. 6 months is not bad. Another one received GC from LC to approval in 2 months.
Basically all my coworkers, ex-H1 holders, that filed for 485 before and after me got approvals within 1-6 months time span. Except for me, "lucky" one, who stuck in background check. I'm neither Chinese, Indian or from a terrorist country. My name is rare. In fact there's only one person with the same last name in US and she's... a senator. :)

i completely agree with u , i think the exception is to get an approval after more than 6 months especially from TSC. It isn't like many people here say that it takes 1 yr. yes it takes 1 yr if you are stuck in namecheck. but if your name is clear, then u get your papers swiftly. and honestly lawyers don't know anything. they just talk and they never took statistics before. this is my experience with lawyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing this.

alex904 said:
One of my coworkers who is Indian just received 485 approval. He filed 140/485 in the mid June. 6 months is not bad. Another one received GC from LC to approval in 2 months.
Are those EB2 cases ?

antonioa77 said:
... yes it takes 1 yr if you are stuck in namecheck. but if your name is clear, then u get your papers swiftly. ......

No dispute to that. The sample of I-485 Indian applications that
i tracked ( pending more than 6 months ) , most of them are stuck in security check. Others haven't even checked whether stuck in background check or not. They say "Let it clear when it clears" .

Hey, it's done :) Sorry for the trouble. Does it look better now?

prince123 said:
Hi,

Some of you have signature that spans half a page of display ! Thanks for giving detailed information. Could you modify the format such that maximum horizontal space is utilized ? For eg. look at my signature.

No comments

Here is my short story...
I visited the local USCIS office on 01/03 and inquired about my security clearance. The officer said everything looks fine and he said that the my current case status is "Under Review". I was bit happy that i am out of name check. I called last week TSC and they confirmed that still my case is pending with security clearance.

Yesterday i went to local USCIS office and got hold the same officer and explained to him the above issue. He just said to me that sorry and your case is with TSC whatever they said is correct.

I485 RD: June 09th 2006

ph2002 said:
I visited the local USCIS office on 01/03 and inquired about my security clearance. The officer said everything looks fine and he said that the my current case status is "Under Review". I was bit happy that i am out of name check. I called last week TSC and they confirmed that still my case is pending with security clearance.

Yesterday i went to local USCIS office and got hold the same officer and explained to him the above issue. He just said to me that sorry and your case is with TSC whatever they said is correct.

take another infopass, and hopefully a new officer will help you there. ask him about ur namecheck. don't tell him first about what TSC told you. then if he tells that ur name is cleared , tell him what TSC told u. it is better to check several times, because it seems every officer sees something on his screen

ph2002 said:

My 'concept' was that while on phone they say arbitrary things and at info pass appointment they utter the 'truth'. Blistering barnacles and thundering USCIS typhoons !

You are correct !!!

I made a mistake. I should have done as you mentioned. Unfortunately i have done otherway around. Let me give couple of days and try that.

antonioa77 said:
take another infopass, and hopefully a new officer will help you there. ask him about ur namecheck. don't tell him first about what TSC told you. then if he tells that ur name is cleared , tell him what TSC told u. it is better to check several times, because it seems every officer sees something on his screen

I called sevaral times and checked with TSC reps and all of them are telling the same mine is still struck in security clearance.
Interestingly they told that my wife is cleared on security clearance.

prince123 said:
My 'concept' was that while on phone they say arbitrary things and at info pass appointment they utter the 'truth'. Blistering barnacles and thundering USCIS typhoons !

ph2002 said:
I called sevaral times and checked with TSC reps and all of them are telling the same mine is still struck in security clearance.
Interestingly they told that my wife is cleared on security clearance.

call TSC again too. ask them also when ur wife's name was cleared? any estimate from you part? I mean, did u inquire before about her name, and they told it was pending ? if so, when ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on my research in various threads: to build a strong WoM case, you should wait for at least 1 year after filing 485.

But once 6 months are over, start working on collecting all information and proofs e.g. congressmen letters, senator letters, FOIPA etc.

antonioa77 said:
u said u r working on ur WOM. when are you planning to submit it? it isn't kind of early? what is a good time to submit it?

Question on I-131 renewal.

Question on I-131 renewal.

If the old I-131 would be expired on July 1st, I applied renewal on Feb. 2nd and got approval on March 3rd, what would be the expiring date for the new I-131? Start from July 2nd, or from March? Thanks

Try typing receipt numbers plus minus 50 from yours......

Some of you will remember my previous post about how many percentage of I-485 applicants are getting approved within 3 months, how many within 6 months, and then how many for pending.

I found that data by doing this. I started from typing receipt numbers around my number. All of those numbers were applications submitted on the same date as mine (07/18/06). And I expanded typings both ways (+/-). You will be able to type about 170 receipt numbers before USCIS bans your IP address. After a few days, that banning will be released.

By this (I somehow killed my spare time by doing this and, so far, I got the result of almost 3000 I-485 applications.....maybe too much time on my hand.....), I found that almost half of all I-485 applicants with the same receipt date as mine got approved within 3 months. About 20% of them approved within 3 to 6 months. Then, about 30% of them with pending. I believe the first group is the lucky 50% who didn't have any problem with their name checks. Those who had a little bit of problem eventually got approvals right before USCIS's sworn processing time (6 months). All others.... are us.

I'd recommend all of you to try around your number when you have time to kill. Trying about 100 numbers doesn't take long time. It also won't ban your PC's IP address. For a little bit of your time invested, you will see a 'LIVE' statistics of I-485 applications on the same receipt date as yours. Who knows? We also might be able to integrate all of our results...and get a great database someday!

mitra88 said:
Some of you will remember my previous post about how many percentage of I-485 applicants are getting approved within 3 months, how many within 6 months, and then how many for pending.

I found that data by doing this. I started from typing receipt numbers around my number. All of those numbers were applications submitted on the same date as mine (07/18/06). And I expanded typings both ways (+/-). You will be able to type about 170 receipt numbers before USCIS bans your IP address. After a few days, that banning will be released.

By this (I somehow killed my spare time by doing this and, so far, I got the result of almost 3000 I-485 applications.....maybe too much time on my hand.....), I found that almost half of all I-485 applicants with the same receipt date as mine got approved within 3 months. About 20% of them approved within 3 to 6 months. Then, about 30% of them with pending. I believe the first group is the lucky 50% who didn't have any problem with their name checks. Those who had a little bit of problem eventually got approvals right before USCIS's sworn processing time (6 months). All others.... are us.

I'd recommend all of you to try around your number when you have time to kill. Trying about 100 numbers doesn't take long time. It also won't ban your PC's IP address. For a little bit of your time invested, you will see a 'LIVE' statistics of I-485 applications on the same receipt date as yours. Who knows? We also might be able to integrate all of our results...and get a great database someday!
mitra88,

1. how did you know those case are the same receipt date as yours?
2. of your sample of 3000 I-485, are they all same receipt date as yours?
anyone knows roughly how many I-485 cases did TSC receive each day?

GYC said:
mitra88,

1. how did you know those case are the same receipt date as yours?
2. of your sample of 3000 I-485, are they all same receipt date as yours?
anyone knows roughly how many I-485 cases did TSC receive each day?

The first two numbers after SRC correspond to the fiscal year.
The next three numbers correspond to the number of days sinceOct 1 of that fiscal year.
The last 5 numbers are the number assigned based on the type of application.

andy garcia said:
The first two numbers after SRC correspond to the fiscal year.
The next three numbers correspond to the number of days sinceOct 1 of that fiscal year.
The last 5 numbers are the number assigned based on the type of application.

THIS IS NOT TRUE My 3 digits are 164 for May 1st

BaliUSA said:

he maybe right given if the next three numbers are working days since Oct 1

BaliUSA said:

THIS IS NOT TRUE for me also. My 3 digits are 166 for May 2nd. I believe 3 digits may be related to sumbitted date. But you can not derive the RD from the 3 digits.

2getgc said:
THIS IS NOT TRUE for me also. My 3 digits are 166 for May 2nd. I believe 3 digits may be related to sumbitted date. But you can not derive the RD from the 3 digits.

It is working days (excluding weekends and all federal holidays). The 3 digits are correct. Try a few - such as 001 or 002 and you'll see the receipt dates for the applications being in early October.