TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Azazello said:
I have called TSC on Monday and was told that they are (were) still processing applications from June 15th. This and the absence of update leads me to believe that there is a slowdown.
I just wonder, is it my personal bad luck (or karma), or is it a part of something bigger...

The person on the phone was probably reading the same thing from a computer that we do on the USCIS website. In any case, processing dates don't matter as they are totally random in how they process cases - some people get I-485 approvals in 2 months, others, like me, have yet to get their EAD even after 3 months.

InfoPass

My RD is May 26, 2006. LUD is Oct 12, 2006. SRVCTR is TX. According to service center processing time my case is overdue. I called USCIS in december and a rep open a case and give me a case number - he said an immigration officer going to mail back in 45days - anybody has similar experience?? My 45 days are going be complete next week.

I am thinking of going through infopass.... Few questions on it as I don't how it works

1. While making an appointment whether I should choose to "speak to an immigration officer" or "question about your case".

2. How quickly do you get an appointment - Say I make an appointment today then normally when would be earliest I would get an appoinment. My zipcode is 92692.

3. Normally when you go to USCIS is it a "cat and dog" fight, i.e. too crowded, or you reach few minutes before appointment time and you are out of USCIS in an hour.

If these questions are already asked then please somebody point me to the right thread.

Thanks

herenthere said:
The person on the phone was probably reading the same thing from a computer that we do on the USCIS website. In any case, processing dates don't matter as they are totally random in how they process cases - some people get I-485 approvals in 2 months, others, like me, have yet to get their EAD even after 3 months.
While processing may be random (I personally doubt it, but that's beyond the point), having the RD over 30 days before published processing date is vitally important for those planning on filing WOM.
Now I have a reason to suspect that because of a surge in a number of WOM cases USCIS may be reluctant to advance the publish processing date to offset potential lawsuits.

Lawsuit

Azazello said:
While processing may be random (I personally doubt it, but that's beyond the point), having the RD over 30 days before published processing date is vitally important for those planning on filing WOM.
Now I have a reason to suspect that because of a surge in a number of WOM cases USCIS may be reluctant to advance the publish processing date to offset potential lawsuits.

How do I file a lawsuit? Any site providing good information on lawsuits. How much does it cost? Any references??

some advice for you.

Since you called in December, and was promised to receive something in 45 days, why don't you wait for 45 days then dicide your next move. I doubt you will get anything in 45 days, I'd call them again exactly 45 days from your last call to inquire about your status and do mention thay you were promised to getting an update but did not get.

Now make notes on all your efforts trying to get a result. You will need them to bring to the court judge your efforts and attempts. Lawsuit should be filed with district court. I will provide you with a link on this forum for the info you need on the WOM later if you can not get a decision soon. It does not cost much ($250 filing fee if you do it yourself like most other guys did). Again, after the 45 days passed and you have nothing from them, post on this forum, and I will provide all knowledge you may need. And that is a promise.

NewAflatoon said:
How do I file a lawsuit? Any site providing good information on lawsuits. How much does it cost? Any references??

New LUD Today

Just received a new LUD on my I-485 today. At last some visible activity is occurring on my case.

Fingers crossed that this may lead to something positive soon.

herenthere said:

Processing dates does matter, since your hands are tied to take any action until RD becomes current, since everytime you will call or take infopass, uSCIS will tell you swiftly, your RD is not current yet, please wait...

JonF said:
Just received a new LUD on my I-485 today. At last some visible activity is occurring on my case.

Fingers crossed that this may lead to something positive soon.

JonF,

You are one lucky bunny, that TSC entertained your call, otherwise usually they read back toy caller standard response from online case status...

I have same RD as you have, still no LUD yet other than case received crap...

Any approvals for EB2-India lately?

Any approvals for EB2-India lately? I fully expected to hear something by now, but haven't. Will call after the next processing dates are published, assuming they move forward even a little bit. There were a couple of people in the same boat as me. Could you respond?

java01 said:
Processing dates does matter, since your hands are tied to take any action until RD becomes current, since everytime you will call or take infopass, uSCIS will tell you swiftly, your RD is not current yet, please wait...

Sorry, I do agree with you that they matter for the reasons you outlined. What I meant to say is that USCIS does not seem to adhere to processing dates that are published, and processes cases randomly, which explains why for so many people it takes so long to get EADs, APs and I-140s approved (I can understand the 485s get delayed due to security checks) while for others they are approved within days.

herenthere said:
Sorry, I do agree with you that they matter for the reasons you outlined. What I meant to say is that USCIS does not seem to adhere to processing dates that are published, and processes cases randomly, which explains why for so many people it takes so long to get EADs, APs and I-140s approved (I can understand the 485s get delayed due to security checks) while for others they are approved within days.

I agree, and you are right, I was checking my case status this morning, misstyped last 2 digits of my receipt, and that showed as card mailed on september 5, that receipt number was very close to my receipt #. Lucky one!

My RD is 08/10/06, FP 08/29

What was your first reaction before realizing that you had entered wrong receipt number? :) Did you fell from your chair...

java01 said:
I agree, and you are right, I was checking my case status this morning, misstyped last 2 digits of my receipt, and that showed as card mailed on september 5, that receipt number was very close to my receipt #. Lucky one!

My RD is 08/10/06, FP 08/29

herenthere said:

it seems for people like me who have to go through NSEERS, we are beign screwed. everybody here r getting their EAD and AP in 1 month. except several guys in this forum who have to go through NSEERS.

I-485 approved

I got an email today that my I-485 was approved. It doesn't say anything about the card yet, it just says that the approval notice was sent.
I have been in this journey for a long time. This is actually my second attempt, because my other application is stuck with retrogression.
Although there were times that I thought there were no known reasons for anything that USCIS does, I actually believe that they do follow the RD. They did not get back to me within 60 days of the RFE response as they said, but got back within the 6 month period.

I hope all you will get your GC soon. Be patient, it eventually comes. And don't worry so much about the name check, etc.
Below are my details. I will post again once I receive anything about the actual card.
EB2/ World PD: 06/27/2006
I-140 RD: 7/20/2006 AD: 8/11/2006
I-485 RD: 8/2/2006
ND: 8/3/2006
FP: 8/17/2006
LUD: 8/6/2006; 8/17/2006; 8/18/2006; 9/14/2006; 9/15/2006; 9/21/2006; 9/22/06; 10/11/06; 10/12/06; 01/11/2007; 01/12/2007
RFE sent: 9/14/2006 Received: 9/18/2006 Replied: 9/19/2006 Receive Date: 9/21/2006
AD: 01/12/2007
Never applied for work permit or travel authorization.

BTW, JonF , you might hear good news tomorrow. Although it is not always true, you usually get an LUD a day before the approval

Question on I-131 renewal.

If the old I-131 would be expired on July 1st, I applied renewal on Feb. 2nd and got approval on March 3rd, what would be the expiring date for the new I-131? Start from July 2nd, or from March? Thanks

Just got emails about the approval of my AP. Exactly after 3 months of applying for 485, 765 and 131. Yesterday, there was a LUD. So looks like someone finally touched my case.

On the same note I had RFE on EAD. Not heard since my response to that REF.

ohioperm said:
I got an email today that my I-485 was approved. It doesn't say anything about the card yet, it just says that the approval notice was sent.
I have been in this journey for a long time. This is actually my second attempt, because my other application is stuck with retrogression.
Although there were times that I thought there were no known reasons for anything that USCIS does, I actually believe that they do follow the RD. They did not get back to me within 60 days of the RFE response as they said, but got back within the 6 month period.

I hope all you will get your GC soon. Be patient, it eventually comes. And don't worry so much about the name check, etc.
Below are my details. I will post again once I receive anything about the actual card.
EB2/ World PD: 06/27/2006
I-140 RD: 7/20/2006 AD: 8/11/2006
I-485 RD: 8/2/2006
ND: 8/3/2006
FP: 8/17/2006
LUD: 8/6/2006; 8/17/2006; 8/18/2006; 9/14/2006; 9/15/2006; 9/21/2006; 9/22/06; 10/11/06; 10/12/06; 01/11/2007; 01/12/2007
RFE sent: 9/14/2006 Received: 9/18/2006 Replied: 9/19/2006 Receive Date: 9/21/2006
AD: 01/12/2007
Never applied for work permit or travel authorization.

BTW, JonF , you might hear good news tomorrow. Although it is not always true, you usually get an LUD a day before the approval

Congratulation!

When you got your approval notice? Morning or afternoon?