TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

ohioperm said:
In the morning. Just curious, why is it important?

I had a LUD on Jan/11 also, but nothing happened untill now :confused: . My 485 had been pending more than 8 monthes. Hopefully, I can hear something next week. But I have to keep my expectation low to avoid too disiappointed!

ohioperm said:
I got an email today that my I-485 was approved. It doesn't say anything about the card yet, it just says that the approval notice was sent.
I have been in this journey for a long time. This is actually my second attempt, because my other application is stuck with retrogression.
Although there were times that I thought there were no known reasons for anything that USCIS does, I actually believe that they do follow the RD. They did not get back to me within 60 days of the RFE response as they said, but got back within the 6 month period.

I hope all you will get your GC soon. Be patient, it eventually comes. And don't worry so much about the name check, etc.
Below are my details. I will post again once I receive anything about the actual card.
EB2/ World PD: 06/27/2006
I-140 RD: 7/20/2006 AD: 8/11/2006
I-485 RD: 8/2/2006
ND: 8/3/2006
FP: 8/17/2006
LUD: 8/6/2006; 8/17/2006; 8/18/2006; 9/14/2006; 9/15/2006; 9/21/2006; 9/22/06; 10/11/06; 10/12/06; 01/11/2007; 01/12/2007
RFE sent: 9/14/2006 Received: 9/18/2006 Replied: 9/19/2006 Receive Date: 9/21/2006
AD: 01/12/2007
Never applied for work permit or travel authorization.

BTW, JonF , you might hear good news tomorrow. Although it is not always true, you usually get an LUD a day before the approval

Wow...congrats!!

My RD is 08/10 very close to you, I hope I will get LUD soon as well, still showing case received and pending...

Did you get RFE on 485?

java01 said:
Wow...congrats!!

My RD is 08/10 very close to you, I hope I will get LUD soon as well, still showing case received and pending...

Did you get RFE on 485?

Yes I did. i have the dates for the RFE.

antonioa77 said:
it seems for people like me who have to go through NSEERS, we are beign screwed. everybody here r getting their EAD and AP in 1 month. except several guys in this forum who have to go through NSEERS.

That's not true. I did go through the NSEERS process (twice!) but my EAD was swift (see signature). I got the AP after an RFE that asked for my NSEERS attendance proof. Even with RFE, the AP came back relatively quickly.

Getting approval within 6 months may be an exception

... I asked one Indian attorney firm.
I haven't seen many India EB2 approvals that took <= 6 months. The "average" ( taken from my limited number of samples )
seems to be 1 - 2 year.

LCHopeful said:
Any approvals for EB2-India lately? I fully expected to hear something by now, but haven't. Will call after the next processing dates are published, assuming they move forward even a little bit. There were a couple of people in the same boat as me. Could you respond?

Search this forum, you will see at least one Indian guy got approval in just 3 weeks. However, it is true for Indian/Chinese guys that it takes longer than others as USCIS maintain some quota per quarter for retrogressed country.

prince123 said:
I haven't seen many India EB2 approvals that took <= 6 months. The "average" ( taken from my limited number of samples )
seems to be 1 - 2 year.

I consider it as an exception

Compared to EB2 i saw faster approvals for EB1.

gc2006usa said:
Search this forum, you will see at least one Indian guy got approval in just 3 weeks. However, it is true for Indian/Chinese guys that it takes longer than others as USCIS maintain some quota per quarter for retrogressed country.

EAD renewed, but no word on 485

I got my EAD renewal mails today. But no progress on 485. USCIS is making money from my company :) If the trend continues, should be getting AP renewal also soon. The wait continues................

I think it is normal

Richard_sjsv said:
my 485 rd is 06/15, but the status is still case received.

What is wrong? Name check?

:confused:

my receive date is similar, 6/27 also the same status.
i asked my lawyer, he said that his office is handling
I485 based on the LC obtained by perm for more than 300cases so far.
only 7 cases got approval on the month of 5~6.
most of the cases are still waiting and some are as early as
when the first perm implemented (i guess feb 2005?)..
so, it is misleading also to think that application will be
getting an approval in 6months.....
i guess 9months~1yrs is more realistic.
:)

EAD approved!

I noticed LUD yesterday and was hoping to see e-mail today. It was past 90 days, so I called TSC on Thrusday using POJ trick asking for interim EAD. The lady in TSC told me to go to district office. I think even though the lady in TSC told me to go to district office, she approved the case that day.

I also have infopass appointment for coming Tuesday, which I am going to cancel now. I think they are afraid of talking to me as I am stuck in security and working on WoM :)

I just have two I-485 left in my portfolio now.

Card Ordered...

I must have missed the approval message bu I now have a LUD for 01/13/07 and the following message:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 12, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hopefully the card will arrive soon and everything will be complete.

Thanks to all that post valuable information on this forum.

Good luck to all.

Jon

infopass

Can somebody please tell me when I am making an infopass appointment for 485 status check - should the type of appointment be "question on case" or "wish to talk to immigration officer"

Thanks

wong_cilik said:
i guess 9months~1yrs is more realistic.
:)

Agreed. I said this in another thread, but my attorney told me to be ready for an at least 8 months wait. She said this as a "normal" case, not as a "lucky" case or a "problem" case. Some other attorneys (my friends') say much the same, mostly around 8 months to 1 year. Of course they know more cases firsthand than we laypersons, and I would also imagine AILA is tracking the number some way or other which member attorneys can access. So like wong_cilik I assume 8 or 9 months to 1 year is some realistic line.

So I worry not at this point (my wait is only into the 4th month now). My only concern though is how EB2 availability will change this year cuz that would change the whole picture.

Congratulations!!! So we know at least two people with RD Aug06 got it approved recently :D

Enjoy the life Jon! :)

JonF said:
I must have missed the approval message bu I now have a LUD for 01/13/07 and the following message:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 12, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hopefully the card will arrive soon and everything will be complete.

Thanks to all that post valuable information on this forum.

Good luck to all.

Jon

in_labor said:
I noticed LUD yesterday and was hoping to see e-mail today. It was past 90 days, so I called TSC on Thrusday using POJ trick asking for interim EAD. The lady in TSC told me to go to district office. I think even though the lady in TSC told me to go to district office, she approved the case that day.

I also have infopass appointment for coming Tuesday, which I am going to cancel now. I think they are afraid of talking to me as I am stuck in security and working on WoM :)

I just have two I-485 left in my portfolio now.

u said u r working on ur WOM. when are you planning to submit it? it isn't kind of early? what is a good time to submit it?

Request to modify your signature

Hi,

Some of you have signature that spans half a page of display ! Thanks for giving detailed information. Could you modify the format such that maximum horizontal space is utilized ? For eg. look at my signature.

prince123 said:
seems to be 1 - 2 year.

One of my coworkers who is Indian just received 485 approval. He filed 140/485 in the mid June. 6 months is not bad. Another one received GC from LC to approval in 2 months.
Basically all my coworkers, ex-H1 holders, that filed for 485 before and after me got approvals within 1-6 months time span. Except for me, "lucky" one, who stuck in background check. I'm neither Chinese, Indian or from a terrorist country. My name is rare. In fact there's only one person with the same last name in US and she's... a senator. :)

Last edited by a moderator: