TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

socialmix said:
Can you please elaborate what is T & A file mean?
Does this applies to all Employee based cases?

Thanks.

It has been posted before. Search the thread and you will find his previous post.

I think 2getgc is right about the timing for Chinese to get approval. It seems about 1 year. I heard several cases got approval around this time frame

"About a month ago I called to find out if there were any problems with my case and the representative told me that my A File and T File needed to be merged. They told me that they were going to request to have that done and to call back in 30 days."

May I know which number you are calling to reach TSC . All the time when I call they sau they don't have any information with them

"Fingerprint review completed" ?

Is the message "Fingerprint review completed" latest addition to the
USCIS online info. I had LUD after fingerprint , but the case status is
still 'Case received, pending at ..." etc. At the time of LUD i thought
that mean finger print clearance. Now considering the fact that
people report the "Fingerprint review completed" message in their case,
i was wondering what happened to my FP .

Husband's case approved, too!!!

Today at 8:30am we received approval email for my husband's I-485 too! Two weeks ago, his name check was still pending and we saw an LUD yesterday afternoon and we were hoping to get this magic email today! We are so happy at this moment!
A little backgroud: we both are from China and our names are usually common, especially both of our last names within the top 5 most common last names among Chinese people. So Name Check is not that scary. Please keep the hope up and we wish everybody still waiting will get his/her approval soon! (Maybe the new system helped?)

good news

Thanks for releasing this information, which is encouraging. Congratulation!

I am from China EB1 and RD 7/6/06. Hope my case to follow your timeline. Because you have a much earlier PD, my case may not be as quick as yours.

LongLostHopeIN said:
Today at 8:30am we received approval email for my husband's I-485 too! Two weeks ago, his name check was still pending and we saw an LUD yesterday afternoon and we were hoping to get this magic email today! We are so happy at this moment!
A little backgroud: we both are from China and our names are usually common, especially both of our last names within the top 5 most common last names among Chinese people. So Name Check is not that scary. Please keep the hope up and we wish everybody still waiting will get his/her approval soon! (Maybe the new system helped?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations ! Can I ask a couple of questions?
How do you know that your husband's name check was pending two weeks ago? What did you do after that?

thanks

LongLostHopeIN said:

congratulations!

Congratulations!

BTW, nobody2006. I am almost the same situation as you. Hope us get GC approved before March,2007. Pray... :)

EB1 OR China
I140 RD 3/06 transfer from VSC->TSC AD 5/36/06 LUD 9/5
I485 RD 7/6/06 FP 7/25/2006 LUD 9/6, 9/7, 9/8

encouraging news

Your casw brings hope to a lot of guys from china, including myself. PD 7/26, my turn will come soon.

LongLostHopeIN said:

Called 1-800 number

Thanks everybody. We are glad we could bring such encouraging news to all the people who are still waiting, especially Chinese.
To answer YCEOS's question, first, at about 4 months after filing I-485, we asked help from our Senator's office and the replies were the standard for both of us informing both our name checks were pending. Two weeks ago, when my case got approved and his did not, we immediately called the 1-800 number to talk to a representative of TSC, she informed us his security check was pending. After that we did not do much, except I was going through WOM topics here and there preparing for a long wait then we will sue USCIS when his time is up (suggested wait time was about 1 year :p)
I do think our strong believe helped us getting through this relatively quicker.

Good luck to each and everyone of us
Thanks again.

YCEOS said:
Congratulations ! Can I ask a couple of questions?
How do you know that your husband's name check was pending two weeks ago? What did you do after that?

thanks

It is encouraging, but not much, because some with earlier RD have not got approval yet.

VictorWang, we have the exact same RD and FPD, interesting. You got more LUDs than me.

victorwang said:
Congratulations!

BTW, nobody2006. I am almost the same situation as you. Hope us get GC approved before March,2007. Pray... :)

EB1 OR China
I140 RD 3/06 transfer from VSC->TSC AD 5/36/06 LUD 9/5
I485 RD 7/6/06 FP 7/25/2006 LUD 9/6, 9/7, 9/8

Actually, 485 doesn't get denied out of the blue. USCIS will send a NOF/NOID first, that'll give you sufficient time to get a new visa. Note the new USCIS memo:

II. Clarification that an H-1B Beneficiary Need Not Hold Current H-1B Status in the U.S. to Qualify for an Extension of H-1B Status beyond the 7th Year based on the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC 21)

The second area of guidance provided in the memorandum is with respect to the status of a prospective H-1B beneficiary who qualifies for a seventh year extension of status based on a lengthy permanent residency process under the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC 21.) This relevant sections of AC 21 make possible "extensions" of H-1B status under one of two scenarios involving lengthy permanent residency processes and by their express language would therefore imply a requirement that the party seeking the extension was in H-1B status at the time of the 7th year extension filing.

In contrast, the current memorandum clarifies that the USCIS will NOT require that the individual seeking a 7th year extension of H-1B status under either of these provisions is in H-1B status at the time the extension is sought. Rather, the memo announces that individuals eligible for the 7th year extension should be eligible for the extension regardless of whether the person holds H-1B status in the U.S. at the time the 7th year extension is sought.

In fact, unless you have an arrest record or some thing, the chances of 485 getting denied is very small. I suspect private lawyers recommend renewing the H1 visa just to make some extra cash!

NAYAK said:
I am in the same boat (9th year) and of the opinion that we should maintain h1b1 till GC is approved. This will be a cushion against all odds....irrespective of AC21 portability. Yourself and wife can go on work permit but what about the kids ? they have to be on H4 till GC is received.

I need to file it in Feb 2007 and if my lawyer suggests the same, I will take legal opinion with another lawyer.

2001 PD/
jun 26,2006 -140/485 RD
I140 - AD AUG 2006.

LongLostHopeIN said:
Thanks everybody. We are glad we could bring such encouraging news to all the people who are still waiting, especially Chinese.
To answer YCEOS's question, first, at about 4 months after filing I-485, we asked help from our Senator's office and the replies were the standard for both of us informing both our name checks were pending. Two weeks ago, when my case got approved and his did not, we immediately called the 1-800 number to talk to a representative of TSC, she informed us his security check was pending. After that we did not do much, except I was going through WOM topics here and there preparing for a long wait then we will sue USCIS when his time is up (suggested wait time was about 1 year :p)
I do think our strong believe helped us getting through this relatively quicker.

Good luck to each and everyone of us
Thanks again.

congrats,

ok what the senator, that you talked with, did before? he contacted FBI or USCIS or what? so u are saying that your name got cleared in 4 months? and ur husband's in 5 months?

from your experience, what do u advise people to do to clear the namecheck?

Processing dates haven't been updated, I wonder how much dates will move forward from 15th june 2006 in next update...should move to 15th July otherwise it would mean slowdown on part of TSC

java01 said:
Processing dates haven't been updated, I wonder how much dates will move forward from 15th june 2006 in next update...should move to 15th July otherwise it would mean slowdown on part of TSC
I have called TSC on Monday and was told that they are (were) still processing applications from June 15th. This and the absence of update leads me to believe that there is a slowdown.
I just wonder, is it my personal bad luck (or karma), or is it a part of something bigger...

Our guesses

antonioa77 said:
congrats,

ok what the senator, that you talked with, did before? he contacted FBI or USCIS or what? so u are saying that your name got cleared in 4 months? and ur husband's in 5 months?

from your experience, what do u advise people to do to clear the namecheck?
Antonioa77, as I mentioned in my previous posts, the Senator's reply was the standard statement saying our name checks pending and etc. So I do not believe they did anything other than an official inquiry on behalf of us. We have no idea when our name checks got cleared.
Now comes to our guesses. We believe timing is VERY important in getting no-delayed approvals. Individual names and situations are different, you might want to estimate how long your case would get approved based on other similar people's approval timelines (be careful here, fastest approval timeline does not apply to everyone!), and start your inquiry with Senator/Congressman at 2/3 of your estimated processing time.
As for my husband's case, we also believe the efiled I-765 and I-131 on the day of my approval helped keep his I-485 on the surface. Since USCIS already received the filing fees for both and if I-485 can be adjucated, why not go ahead approve I-485, then USCIS gets the filing fees for I-765 and I-131 without the need to do anything more. If I were USCIS, I will do that. For us, that $350 is well spent money if our guess is true :)

Good luck to you