TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I think namecheck would involve comparing names that match not just the letters, but spelling and phonetic variations too. The link sheds some scientific light on the luck and karma !

antonioa77 said:
this link is not close to name check at all. the namecheck has to do with your name and family name. say if in the system of fbi there is a person with your same family name who did something wrong, when ur name is in the system, u will get a hit just because ur family name is the same as that of the bad guy.then your are stuck. people should understand that the namecheck thing is a matter of luck simply.

so this website doesn't help much really. but anyways it is a nice tool to know about. thanks.

Guys/Gals;

Everyone is wasting too much on how FBI performs Name Check A.k.a. Dark Territory

No one for sure knows exactly what methods are used other than Name and Birth Date Variations.

The Fact is so many people are stuck up in Name check and if Not this is a good excuse for USCIS to inform the clients that the
"Case is Under Review and/or Name Check pending"

Discussions on the forums are not going to help, Just relax and leave it to God(oops TO USCIS - not to God) and when one gets the GC -Go party and merry.

Chill Out

BaliUSA said:
Just relax and leave it to God(oops TO USCIS - not to God) and when one gets the GC -Go party and merry.
Chill Out

I would rather leave it to God, lol :D

Seriously, chill out is right. Especially if your RD hasn't been outside the official processing date + 30 days yet.

I also agree

geofu54 said:
I would rather leave it to God, lol :D

Seriously, chill out is right. Especially if your RD hasn't been outside the official processing date + 30 days yet.

As others above already mentioned, talking about this namecheck in this forum on and on and on would be the waste of time except for those who are new to this matter (so, we still might have to have some kind of organized basic info about the namecheck for new comers). We now know about it and also know that there is very little to be done by our side (but WOM).

I also was very angry and frustrated at the first time when I found out I was stuck with the namecheck. However, after some research, I noticed that there is practically nothing for me to do until I get past 30 days after the processing date. After I get past that date (which is approximately this March), I plan to run my so-called 'ADMINISTRATIVE EFFORTS' to make continuous inquiries and expediting trials about my case. I will keep all of those records about my administrative efforts for the next few months, then I will probably go with filing WOM unless I get the approval for my case by that moment.

Why don't we talk about these administrative efforts from applicants' side from now on? Why don't we talk about how to perform them (like how to contact senator or congressman, how to make inquiry to USCIS, how to obtain the written information stating that our cases are stuck with FBI namecheck, etc)? I believe those kind of talkings might be more productive.

mitra88 said:
As others above already mentioned, talking about this namecheck in this forum on and on and on would be the waste of time except for those who are new to this matter (so, we still might have to have some kind of organized basic info about the namecheck for new comers). We now know about it and also know that there is very little to be done by our side (but WOM).

I also was very angry and frustrated at the first time when I found out I was stuck with the namecheck. However, after some research, I noticed that there is practically nothing for me to do until I get past 30 days after the processing date. After I get past that date (which is approximately this March), I plan to run my so-called 'ADMINISTRATIVE EFFORTS' to make continuous inquiries and expediting trials about my case. I will keep all of those records about my administrative efforts for the next few months, then I will probably go with filing WOM unless I get the approval for my case by that moment.

Why don't we talk about these administrative efforts from applicants' side from now on? Why don't we talk about how to perform them (like how to contact senator or congressman, how to make inquiry to USCIS, how to obtain the written information stating that our cases are stuck with FBI namecheck, etc)? I believe those kind of talkings might be more productive.

why u don't start doing this from now by gathering those inquiries? so in case by march ur namecheck didn't get cleared, you are ready to file a lawsuit.

my point is that we can do those inquiries even before RD is current, so in case, ur RD is current and ur name is not cleared, then you are ready for lawsuit. it is a way to use time more efficiently. what do u think?

I think I will stuck in Name Check due to bad luck. A few years ago, a fake 20 dollor bill got into my pocket, when I used it (not knowing its fake), the clerk found it out it is fake and I signed a form and a month later a FBI agent called me ask if I knew where I got the 20 dollor bill.

How often do USCIS centers update their processing time

Last update was December 18, 2006, and TSC was processing June 15 cases per the website. How often do they post the update each month... once or twice?

I'd love to, but.....

antonioa77 said:
why u don't start doing this from now by gathering those inquiries? so in case by march ur namecheck didn't get cleared, you are ready to file a lawsuit.

my point is that we can do those inquiries even before RD is current, so in case, ur RD is current and ur name is not cleared, then you are ready for lawsuit. it is a way to use time more efficiently. what do u think?

The tricky part about this inquiry is that an applicant cannot make an official inquiry about his/her case until 30 days past the processing time. That's why. Before that date, all we can do is just wait.

GYC said:
I think I will stuck in Name Check due to bad luck. A few years ago, a fake 20 dollor bill got into my pocket, when I used it (not knowing its fake), the clerk found it out it is fake and I signed a form and a month later a FBI agent called me ask if I knew where I got the 20 dollor bill.
Man, you are doomed... A friend of mine lost his passport and filed a police report as required for the lost documents. His passport has never been found or returned to him, although he got a new one without a tiniest problem and travels using it ever since, but nevertheless he's now stuck in name check...
Looks like these days even such a small thing (or even a traffic ticket) can get one stuck.
My take on it - the moment processing date is more then 30 days later then your receipt date - file the WOM.
That's the only way to go. Meanwhile, I'm going to write to my Congressman asking to verify that my name check has not cleared yet using the new system they have introduced on January 3rd.

Azazello said:
Man, you are doomed... A friend of mine lost his passport and filed a police report as required for the lost documents. His passport has never been found or returned to him, although he got a new one without a tiniest problem and travels using it ever since, but nevertheless he's now stuck in name check...
Looks like these days even such a small thing (or even a traffic ticket) can get one stuck.
My take on it - the moment processing date is more then 30 days later then your receipt date - file the WOM.
That's the only way to go. Meanwhile, I'm going to write to my Congressman asking to verify that my name check has not cleared yet using the new system they have introduced on January 3rd.

Ok, this hysteria regarding filing police reports and consequently ending up stuck in name checks needs to stop. It is damaging and pure heresy. What are you all to say - should people not file police reports when some emergency occurs? The truth of the matter is, little is still known about name check. For all the reasons that have been specified in this forum, I should be stuck in name check - I have filed a police report regarding a lost driver's license before, I have common names, I am an NSEERs registrant (from one of the "special" countries), I have been in the US for a little less than a decade - yet, after calling and doing an Infopass appointment, it seems my namecheck is cleared. I am still not so sure if that is true, but the fact of the matter is, it is not clear why some people get stuck while other's don't, so stop telling people they are doomed because they had the misfortune of getting a traffic violation.

herenthere,

Thanks for mentioning this. I cannot agree any more.

In addition, I see a couple of people ( I woun't mention their names) posting their issue of name check being pending again and again, every 20 minutes. They give all type of theories and reasons as being the most experts on this topic.

They should know that it is very frustrating for the rest of the people who want some useful information from this forum. I know that we can use this forum to vent out our frustration, but it does not mean that we start frustrating the other people. Some of these people have relatively very recent PD of 2004/2005/2006. On the other hand, there are people (like me) whose PD is 2000/2001 and first were stuck in April 30, 2001 date, then Blockage Reduction and then in potential name check. I just applied for 485 around the same time you applied and am willing to wait for a few months so that the RD becomes current. I don't want to cry again and again and frustrate the poor people who have a PD even before me, early 2000 or 1999.

herenthere said:
Ok, this hysteria regarding filing police reports and consequently ending up stuck in name checks needs to stop. It is damaging and pure heresy. What are you all to say - should people not file police reports when some emergency occurs? The truth of the matter is, little is still known about name check. For all the reasons that have been specified in this forum, I should be stuck in name check - I have filed a police report regarding a lost driver's license before, I have common names, I am an NSEERs registrant (from one of the "special" countries), I have been in the US for a little less than a decade - yet, after calling and doing an Infopass appointment, it seems my namecheck is cleared. I am still not so sure if that is true, but the fact of the matter is, it is not clear why some people get stuck while other's don't, so stop telling people they are doomed because they had the misfortune of getting a traffic violation.

Now you are talking... When I complained about the same, boy was I shushed at for "not being compassionate".
I just wanted to give you the taste of this bullshit we're getting in tons here lately - law and behold, people are fed up with it already!
Way to go, but please do not forget to put in valuable information on real remedies (like letters to Congressmen and/or Senators, notes on WOM filing, etc.).

gc-2007 said:
herenthere,

Thanks for mentioning this. I cannot agree any more.

In addition, I see a couple of people ( I woun't mention their names) posting their issue of name check being pending again and again, every 20 minutes. They give all type of theories and reasons as being the most experts on this topic.

They should know that it is very frustrating for the rest of the people who want some useful information from this forum. I know that we can use this forum to vent out our frustration, but it does not mean that we start frustrating the other people. Some of these people have relatively very recent PD of 2004/2005/2006. On the other hand, there are people (like me) whose PD is 2000/2001 and first were stuck in April 30, 2001 date, then Blockage Reduction and then in potential name check. I just applied for 485 around the same time you applied and am willing to wait for a few months so that the RD becomes current. I don't want to cry again and again and frustrate the poor people who have a PD even before me, early 2000 or 1999.

I totally agree with herenthere and gc-2007 as well. The conversation in this forum about this whole name check process is only between couple of people. It is not even an indication of the majority of the applications. And it is really frustrating for the rest of us who are here to get some useful information.

Also, this is the forum to track the TSC applications. It is not a forum for Name Check process. There is a forum named " Stuck in Name Check" . So maybe those of us who wants to write about name check all day long should post there.

I have been in this GC journey for about 3 years, dealt with H1B quotas, Backlog Elimination Centers, Perm, retrogression, etc. I have gotten a lot of useful information from this forum but lately it has all been about WOM, is your name check cleared? , etc.
So I propose that you open a new thread for this issue and post it there. And we can use this thread for its main purpose- to track the application in TSC.

prince123 said:

Well, I believe you collected some data, but I doubt you processed them correctly. People of my nationality (one of Eastern European countries) suffer from lenghty name checks also. There exist examples of the namechecks lasting from 1 month to 3 years. Again, it generally depends on how "popular" your name in the FBI database. Another important component is how quick an FBI analyst finishes up your specific case. I doubt there exists any "national" prejudice.

Again, like a few folks already mentioned, post all the name check discussion on name check thread.

We all are really fed-up of these incomplete statistics and "email type" question/answer discussion between a few folks.

My apologies for saying the above.... but I could not help myself.

-me- said:
Well, I believe you collected some data, but I doubt you processed them correctly. People of my nationality (one of Eastern European countries) suffer from lenghty name checks also. There exist examples of the namechecks lasting from 1 month to 3 years. Again, it generally depends on how "popular" your name in the FBI database. Another important component is how quick an FBI analyst finishes up your specific case. I doubt there exists any "national" prejudice.

Let's get back to the 'TRACKER'.....

This thread is a T.R.A.C.K.E.R thread. It was originally for posting applicants' change of case status including the approvals. We even have had the MS EXCEL file of the tracker. However, nowadays, no one seems to be caring about the tracker itself. No one updates the EXCEL file anymore. Everyone (maybe not everyone, but too many posts for sure) is talking about the namecheck which is completely out of our control.

Let's put this thread back to its original function, TRACKING. Talking about the namecheck issue itself here in this thread is not a good idea. We have another thread specifically for the namecheck. Please post any of your idea about the namecheck there, not here.

I'm sure, a cat joined the forum two months ago can't speak for "us". Speak for yourself, please. There are moderators on this forum, who make a decision about off-topic cases. Don't pretend to be one of them. You're not a cop - do not regulate traffic.

sam2010 said:
Again, like a few folks already mentioned, post all the name check discussion on name check thread.

We all are really fed-up of these incomplete statistics and "email type" question/answer discussion between a few folks.

My apologies for saying the above.... but I could not help myself.

This is the problem with people like you. The folks like me, sam2010, ohioperm, Azazalo, herenthere, mitra and etc are trying to make their humble requests and you are taking it personally to your heart.

All we all are trying to request is to keep out the BS name check issues to the corresponding thread itself. Is it so difficult to understand?

-me- said:
I'm sure, a cat joined the forum two months ago can't speak for "us". Speak for yourself, please. There are moderators on this forum, who make a decision about off-topic cases. Don't pretend to be one of them. You're not a cop - do not regulate traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I used the word "us", I meant all the people in the last last 8 or so postings ... who also requested the same... as I did...

It is exactly like a street or road which belongs to everyone and a few people make mess in it because they are living on the street for 10 years (not for 2 months) and also "janitor are suppose to clean it up".

No worries...Again... My apologies if my post provoked you...I will NOT post anything on this topic from now on...Feel free to post whatever you like...

:)

-me- said:

Let folks discuss whatever related to I-485 Issues

This thread was started by "atl" ? with message,

"
TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker
Seeing most of the threads lacking enough replies, could I suggest we start a "TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker" for all the 485 applicants to post related issues in this thread?
"

But i feel, since namecheck & WOM is a big topic it can be discussed in detail on
another thread ( there exists a thread ). But i don't think occassional references to
namecheck will go away in this thread,