TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Hi All

Looking for suggestion. I have my 140 approved and 485 is in pending status. Also I am on the 6th year of my H1B and it is expiring on Feb. I have asked my attorney to file H1 extension with 140-approval notice, which I believe subject to visa number availability or 1 year extension. My attorney suggests me to remain on EAD.

Please advice what is the best path at this moment EAD or H1 extension?

Thanks

Don't have a credible source

richshi said:
How do you come up with the "1 year" v.s. "3 months" average? If you have credible source to prove this, then I am willing to contact a lawyer to sue them. I am serious, I am from China. Thanks for sharing.

The opinions are based on years of reading multiple immigration chat forums and reading testimonials of those who got approved. Also monitoring the experience of close friends . Other than that there isn't any info. I don't
think ( am not aware of ) USCIS/FBI publishes the average time taken for security clearance based on nationality ( they might get sued ).

Kolkata68 said:
Hi All

Looking for suggestion. I have my 140 approved and 485 is in pending status. Also I am on the 6th year of my H1B and it is expiring on Feb. I have asked my attorney to file H1 extension with 140-approval notice, which I believe subject to visa number availability or 1 year extension. My attorney suggests me to remain on EAD.

Thanks

I am in the same boat (9th year) and of the opinion that we should maintain h1b1 till GC is approved. This will be a cushion against all odds....irrespective of AC21 portability. Yourself and wife can go on work permit but what about the kids ? they have to be on H4 till GC is received.

I need to file it in Feb 2007 and if my lawyer suggests the same, I will take legal opinion with another lawyer.

2001 PD/
jun 26,2006 -140/485 RD
I140 - AD AUG 2006.

Kolkata68 said:
Hi All

Thanks

It is safer to extend your H-1B. In case of 485 is denied. you still can stay in US legally as H1B.
since your i-140 was approved, you can extend your H-1B on a three-year interval beyond 6-year limitation.

2getgc said:
FBI namecheck will also verify people’s background.

No, it does not. Not in any form.

It is a pure security theater.

P.S. Name commonality is also suspect. My last name it very unique, there are maybe 50 people with it - only three in U.S., it is not even close to anything common, still got a "hit" and waiting. (Until 1 year anniversary, then I will file WOM)

Last edited by a moderator:
BaliUSA said:
No they never contact the residents country, if that is the case not a single case from India will ever get the background check done!!!!!
I am from India and know how the Inidan Govt works, they (Govt of India) will throw those requests in a trash can and even tell that they never received it!!!!
BaliUSA,

Trash Can? and possiblely down the toilet after wiped someone's@$$

Hi antonioa77 - I think it would take longer if there are many surnames phonetically similar to yours. If you are interested to know yours, check out
http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/soundexconverter

Of course soundex is just one algorithm, we do not know what algorithms are used in name check for various languages.

antonioa77 said:
so you are saying that namecheck clearance fro chinese has a different time than the one for people from middle east for example?

in other words, does each country have a different processing time to clear the namecheck ? or they go by FIFO altogether?

by the way, what is the source of your info?

NAYAK said:
I am in the same boat (9th year) and of the opinion that we should maintain h1b1 till GC is approved. This will be a cushion against all odds....irrespective of AC21 portability. Yourself and wife can go on work permit but what about the kids ? they have to be on H4 till GC is received.

I need to file it in Feb 2007 and if my lawyer suggests the same, I will take legal opinion with another lawyer.

2001 PD/
jun 26,2006 -140/485 RD
I140 - AD AUG 2006.

Nayak,

Why the lawyers think that EAD is better option compared to maintaining H1B status beyond 6 yrs?

I am told that once the I-485 is pending, H1B can be extended in increments of 1 yr only? I see someone saying 3yrs.

Will you post the outcome of your discussions with other lawyers? Pl do so if possible. My 6 yr on H1B finishes in early may 2007.

Thanks

Arydk

Kolkata68 said:
Hi All

Thanks

Same for me and My Attorney filed for H1 and got it for 3 years...
It is always better to keep H1 in Hand Just in case something goes wrong with 485, U still have an option on H1, this is my opinion- better to file for H1 extention

GYC said:
BaliUSA,

Trash Can? and possiblely down the toilet after wiped someone's@$$

well in India, Water is used to wipe the @$$ instead of paper, so only option is In India the useless papers are sold by weight - and they go in recycling(not for remake a fresh paper but to use for some other purposes)

where did you get this statistics?

prince123 said:
Folks from India,China,Mexico,Philipines get their security check cleared after 1 year
on an average. There may be exceptions - some getting cleared within 3 months.

Folks from EU,Singapore,Malaysia,Nepa etc get their security check cleared within 3 months on an average. There may be exceptions - some getting cleared only after 1 year.

I don't think it is discrimination. There might be some other reason.

My namecheck experience at Infopass

We checked namecheck status for me(India) and my wife(ROW) with the same infopass officer recently.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=236635

I thought it will be a relevant link as the guys here are talking about namecheck. Please take time to go through the entire thread(only one page) and provide any inputs other than discrimination, conspiracy etc...

I hope so. May be the samples reported in chat groups doesn't reflect reality.

Axxe said:
Your observations are utterly incorrect and are not based in reality.

Let all (immigration portal, ilw, murthy forum etc. etc ) start to report cases that cleared background check within 6 months , especially Indians,chinese etc.

I still think many Indians,Chinese applicants take longer to clear security check.

prince123 said:
Let all (immigration portal, ilw, murthy forum etc. etc ) start to report cases that cleared background check within 6 months , especially Indians,chinese etc.

I still think many Indians,Chinese applicants take longer to clear security check.

Doncya think "non problemo" applicants are less likely to report their progress in public? It's reasonable to assume they less often join such forums as this one if they don't have serious problems. So the sample would be most likely systematically skewed anyway.

Also, the sheer, absolute number of Chinese and Indian applicants is much larger than that of any other country, so naturally you more often encounter their problem cases when surfing around those forums. That does not mean applicants from those countries take longer in the relative sense.

I do *think* it's probably too naive to believe nationality does not play any role whatsoever especially in the current political climate. But no sample you get from online forums is a random one... you cannot draw any conclusion from it with good confidence.

eb1_nsc said:

Of course soundex is just one algorithm, we do not know what algorithms are used in name check for various languages.

Interesting -- thanks for the link. I tried some common, so-so common, not-so-common names in my country, and some hit a lot of similar names, others not really. Their commonality in the country doesn't seem highly correlated with the number of hits they get.

Sounds like it all comes down to lucky names or not, as someone here put it a while ago.

eb1_nsc said:
Hi antonioa77 - I think it would take longer if there are many surnames phonetically similar to yours. If you are interested to know yours, check out

this link is not close to name check at all. the namecheck has to do with your name and family name. say if in the system of fbi there is a person with your same family name who did something wrong, when ur name is in the system, u will get a hit just because ur family name is the same as that of the bad guy.then your are stuck. people should understand that the namecheck thing is a matter of luck simply.

so this website doesn't help much really. but anyways it is a nice tool to know about. thanks.