TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

USCIS does not process cases on FIFO basis

I do always believe USCIS processes cases on RANDOM basis. Most AP cases are approved in 4-5 weeks, my AP approval took 12 weeks. AP does not depend on Name Check clearance too.

CAPD002 : Your 140 case was delayed because either you are not that much lucky when it comes to US immigration matter or USCIS officer who handled your case did not like your name :)

CAPD02 said:
All we know I-140 approval process doesn't depends on any external factors. Where as I-485 approval process depends on Visa Number availability, Schedule FP, Results from FP, Name Check and back ground process. So what will be the reason of my I-140 approval got delayed? Any comments...?

Thanks

gc2006usa said:
I do always believe USCIS processes cases on RANDOM basis. Most AP cases are approved in 4-5 weeks, my AP approval took 12 weeks. AP does not depend on Name Check clearance too.

CAPD002 : Your 140 case was delayed because either you are not that much lucky when it comes to US immigration matter or USCIS officer who handled your case did not like your name :)

Hi gc200rusa,

My I-140 got approved without any RFE. But still took long time for approval. But intrestingly, I got FP notice within 20 days of I-485 RD. Also my AP and EAD got approved within 30 days of RD.

But you said your AP approval took 12 weeks. Officer who was handling your AP application may be did not like your name, so it took 12 weeks for approval.(cool...just kidding... don't upset with my comment.)

Here you are missing my point.. According to TSC now they are processing July 06 EAD applications. Your EAD RD is now within their published date. It's true some people are getting the EAD approvals within 4 weeks but same time some cases are getting delayed. Those delayed cases have chance of getting approved when RD is within published processing dates range.

As you said, it's true that USCIS process is more random than FIFO. But always my hope is atleast they will try to enforce FIFO at the time of their publishing processing dates. I hope at this stage USCIS will scan pending delayed cases and will try to approve. I belive my I-140 got approved at this point. I hope same with your AP approval.

Also it's also very true that I am not that much lucky in immigration matters.

Note: My comments on my previous posting giving the message that we should wait for TSC processing published dates before conclude the status of our case. But I am not complaining about my I-140 got delayed. I mean to say, we will get aproval atleast when our RD within TSC processing dates.
(Please read my previous posting)

Let's hope for the best..

Last edited by a moderator:
CAPD02: I agree with you and let us hope USCIS will process our cases on FIFO basis at the time of published processing dates come.

CAPD02 said:
Hi gc200rusa,

As you said, it's true that USCIS process is more random than FIFO. But always my hope is atleast they will try to enforce FIFO at the time of their publishing processing dates. I hope at this stage USCIS will scan pending delayed cases and will try to approve. I belive my I-140 got approved at this point. I hope same with your AP approval.

Anybody in this thread that used I-485 portability ?

Although i don't plan to abandon my current ship after 180 days of I-485 filing, once in a while i get feeling of sinking into deep sea. Anybody in this thread that used I-485 portability ? How involved is the process ? How does
the USCIS determine "similar job" classification ?

Trend is still there

I think the trend is there in the TSC processing procedure, FIFO depends on both LC PD and I485 RD. We should not argue the individual case to against it. In general TSC's working speed is reasonable. As CAPD02 said, just wait until your I485 RD falls in the TSC processing frame than you may inquiry the status about your case if you still have not approved yet at that time.

It is just waste time if you keep asking the TSC about your name check and FP. For the best scenario, they told you the situation then what? You still have to wait..., so don't bother if not your turn yet.

agree, it is waste of time and emotion in hope of a quick approval

Let TSC run its course, personally I wouldn't bother checking on with them until my 485 case pending longer than 5 months.

PBLC_01302006 said:
I think the trend is there in the TSC processing procedure, FIFO depends on both LC PD and I485 RD. We should not argue the individual case to against it. In general TSC's working speed is reasonable. As CAPD02 said, just wait until your I485 RD falls in the TSC processing frame than you may inquiry the status about your case if you still have not approved yet at that time.

It is just waste time if you keep asking the TSC about your name check and FP. For the best scenario, they told you the situation then what? You still have to wait..., so don't bother if not your turn yet.

Check the AC21 forum

prince123 said:
Although i don't plan to abandon my current ship after 180 days of I-485 filing, once in a while i get feeling of sinking into deep sea. Anybody in this thread that used I-485 portability ? How involved is the process ? How does
the USCIS determine "similar job" classification ?

prince123, check the AC21 forum. There are plenty of threads containing numerous variations and experiences from folks. You would get a good idea on what is involved, what needs to be done, what the risks, etc.

called the USCIS/TSC phone number. The lady said she had no access to my personal info, and as such could not tell me if my name check was clear or not.

TSC Approvals

Hi All,

As all we expected, approvals started fom TSC on this new fiscal year. It seems to be now they are clearing the oldest applications which are old PD/old RD. See below for details. It also indicates that upcoming I-485 processing date will be remains as it now (March 20, 2006), otherwise it will
go back. Let's hope the best.

1)
Name: gvrg
PD: May 2001
RD:May 2004
Category: EB2
Approved: Oct 03, 2006

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=227137

2)
Name: WAITeternity
PD: June 2000
RD: Apr 2005
Category: EB3 (India)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=227114

3)

Name:san user
PD: Apr 2002
RD: May 2005

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=227145

4)
Name:deshi 1234
PD: Nov 2005
RD: Jan 2006
Category: World
Approved: Oct 02, 2006

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226988

5)
Name:Gullu
RD: May 2002
Category: EB3 (world)
Approved: Sep 28, 2006

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226636

6)
Name:get me green
PD: Feb 2000

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226998

Thanks

CAPD02 said:
Hi All,

As all we expected, approvals started fom TSC on this new fiscal year. It seems to be now they are clearing the oldest applications which are old PD/old RD. See below for details. It also indicates that upcoming I-485 processing date will be remains as it now (March 20, 2006), otherwise it will
go back. Let's hope the best.

1)
Name: gvrg
RD:May 2004

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=227137

2)
Name: WAITeternity
PD: June 2000

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=227114

3)

Name:san user
PD: Apr 2002
RD: May 2005

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=227145

4)
Name:deshi 1234
PD: Nov 2005
RD: Jan 2006
Category: World

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226988

5)
Name:Gullu
RD: May 2002
Category: EB3 (world)
Approved: Sep 28, 2006

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226636

6)
Name:get me green
PD: Feb 2000

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226998

Great! Thanks for the information.

Approved

Finally my turn to say approved. Got the magic emails from USCIS. Says approved Oct 2 and cards ordered on that day.

So the LUD yesterday turned to an approval today. BTW, my spouse's application has no LUDS or approval yet.

Good luck everyone. :)

osage said:
Finally my turn to say approved. Got the magic emails from USCIS. Says approved Oct 2 and cards ordered on that day.

So the LUD yesterday turned to an approval today. BTW, my spouse's application has no LUDS or approval yet.

Good luck everyone. :)

osage,

Congratulations.. Happy for you...

This is also good news for WordWide applicants, it indicates they reached till May 06 RD. But still we have to keep in mind that USCIS's dual nature FIFO/Random process..

Thanks

Approved

I got the I-485 case status emails yesterday i.e 03 October 2006. The emails says case is approved. Got the same for my family members too.

EB2 - TSC
PD: May 28, 2002
I-140/485 RD May 02, 2006
I-140 AD: May 22, 2006
I-485 AD: Oct 03, 2006

congratulations

You are FREE now! BTW, are you from China or India?

gcMay2002 said:
I got the I-485 case status emails yesterday i.e 03 October 2006. The emails says case is approved. Got the same for my family members too.

EB2 - TSC

Some thoughts

Congrats. From the last few approvals, it sounds to me that TSC has started to process RD of May 06 now, provided that your visa number is available and background check is cleared. I think FIFO only applies to starting the case, not approving it. For example, they may start two cases with same RD on the same date, but one could be processed in a couple of days and other could take weeks or months depending on complications or red flags or whatever criteria they use (may be they just randomly audit some for additional scrutiny).

Also, I have a theory on background check. That is, if primary applicant is male and your name is very common, probability is higher that your name will be matched with one of the bad guys i.e criminals, drug dealers, DUIs, terrorists, etc. So my guess is that people who are approved quickly, mostly likely have very unique names. If your visa number is current, the only bottle neck is background check. Sometimes I get stopped at airport, and when they enter my date of birth, they let me fly. I guess some bad guy has my name -- but it can't be that bad, after all they let me fly and they don't always stop me, only like 1/4th of the time, go figure. By the way Ted Kennedy also got stopped and my coworker who gets to tavel with me on business trips, who is white Republican and an American citizen, is stopped all the time. (I used to think Bush guys arn't stopped, LOL) My RD is also in early May, and I am hoping to get an approval this month :)

gcMay2002 said:

EB2 - TSC

Last edited by a moderator:
My prediction

My prediction is the people with PD 2002 + RD 4/2006 or 5/2006 are getting approved now. Also, PD 2003 + RD 4 or 5/2006 will get approved soon...

Congratulations !!

Looks like the processing of Indian applications have started with Oct quota release ...we should see more approvals for the people whose PD is current

good luck to everybody from India

gcMay2002 said:

EB2 - TSC

POJ trick is not working

Seems recently POJ trick is not working. When I tried to call this morning, the call was connected to national customer center instead of TSC. Any one has the same experience? Thanks.

gcMay2002 said:

EB2 - TSC

gcMay2002,

CONGRATULATIONS.... Long journey ends and your reached the destination finally. Enjoy!....

Also your approval giving hope to all of us and especially Indian EB2 with PD 2002.

Note: This is a good news... By seeing the approval trend, on Oct 02 they approved the older RD cases. Now it appears to be they started looking RD Apr 06 and May 06. This is a positive sign. So I guess upcoming processing dates will move little bit further. Let's hope TSC still commited to six months time frame from RD for approvals.

Thanks