TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Labor Sub

Is it true that I-485 applications filed based on a Labor Sub take longer to adjudicate? I could file for an EB2 LC but based on our company's lawyer suggestion, I used an already approved EB3 LC as substitution. She told me that I will inherit the priority date of the initial LC, which is now current. But I've heard rumors that Labor Sub cases take longer to be approved :confused: . Does anyone know anything about this?

ramc2006,
Yes, the rep said, everything looks good on my case, and it is ready to be adjudicated. And since I told her that my date is current, she said, she would notify her supervisor that the case is ready to be adjudicated.
The USCIS number that I called was 1-800-375-5283. When you call them, may be you can ask them, what 07/08 LUD was about.

ramc2006 said:
manishg_in: I have a very similar history as yours.

PD - 10/21/05
I485 RD - 06/12/06, ND - 06/14/06, FP - 06/24/06, LUDs - 06/14/06, 06/26/06, 06/27/06, 07/08/06

The LUDs on 06/26 and 06/27 were only for my wife and for me, and I think they are related to the FP. The LUD on 07/08/06 was for my entire family (myself, wife, and 2 kids). So I am not sure if the 07/08/06 LUD was related to name check clearance, since it was for the entire family. But it is quite interesting that a lot of people had LUD on 07/08/06.

manishg_in, can you give me the number of USCIS that you called. Thanks. Also, did the USCIS person say your AOS application was ready for approval or adjudication?

ramc2006

Theory on processing times at TSC

I am wondering if the renewed speed with which TSC is pursuing I485 cases is because they are trying to prepare for an onslaught of I485 applications that is likely to come once the Congress approves increasing H1B nos. or addresses the retrogression issues. Just a theory, but it is interesting to see how quickly I485 applications are moving to FP, EAD and AP approvals. And in some cases, even I485 Approval (e.g. eastsidedude). This does not appear to be normal, or is it?

Just a theory!!

ramc2006 said:
I am wondering if the renewed speed with which TSC is pursuing I485 cases is because they are trying to prepare for an onslaught of I485 applications that is likely to come once the Congress approves increasing H1B nos. or addresses the retrogression issues. Just a theory, but it is interesting to see how quickly I485 applications are moving to FP, EAD and AP approvals. And in some cases, even I485 Approval (e.g. eastsidedude). This does not appear to be normal, or is it?

Just a theory!!

Most definitely.

The increase in approval speed over the last few months is related to the processing centers coming under pressure as a part of the debate with immigration reform. They have to speed up if they are suddenly to take applications from 11 million illegals.

However, with the immigration reform debate effectively dead for the forseeable future, they don't give a f#*% any more, and I fear that processing speed is about to slow down again.

eastsidedude said:
The approval date is still yesterday, LUD is for today

Eastsidedude,

We need to know if you had any LUDs on your I-485 after 06/07. I had similar LUDs as my fingerprinting happened same day as yours. But Thereafter I have 4 more LUDs including the recent one on 07/08.

I am just wondering if there is any LUD once they get Name Check or FP check cleared or not.

Thanks,
neargc

LUDs

neargc said:
Eastsidedude,

We need to know if you had any LUDs on your I-485 after 06/07. I had similar LUDs as my fingerprinting happened same day as yours. But Thereafter I have 4 more LUDs including the recent one on 07/08.

I am just wondering if there is any LUD once they get Name Check or FP check cleared or not.

Thanks,
neargc

After the fingerprinting, there was just one LUD, on 7/11/2006, followed by approval on the next day (+ another LUD), and yet another LUD on the following day (7/13/2006).

w220 said:
Most definitely.

The increase in approval speed over the last few months is related to the processing centers coming under pressure as a part of the debate with immigration reform. They have to speed up if they are suddenly to take applications from 11 million illegals.

However, with the immigration reform debate effectively dead for the forseeable future, they don't give a f#*% any more, and I fear that processing speed is about to slow down again.

My thoughts on approval speed up -

1. Starting from last year March we have limited number of PERM LC approval as compared to previous years with old LC system. And, very limited numbers of Regular/RIR LC have been cleared from National Backlog center. Thus, number of employment based 485 cases has been declined during last year or so.

2. After 9/11, approval speed slowed down due to tight scrutiny of the applications. DHS and other agencies did not have centralized database or did not share information with each other. Over the last several years, DHS and other agencies have developed computer systems where they can access data quickly. So, now USICS can take decision quickly.

I suspect approval speed will be slowed down over the time as backlog center clears up LC and number of PERM approved LCs will be up too. Lots of immigration firms waited for a while to file PERM LC last year as the system was new and unstable. As PERM system has now become more stable, and most of immigration layers are now comfortable with this new system, employers will file more PERM LC than that of the last year.

Can you please tell me..

manishg_in said:
I just called the USCIS, and a nice rep told me that my and my wife's name check, and fingerprints were cleared. But then she said may be the visa numbers are not available, so I told it has been current since June 2006. She said, ok I will send a notification to my supervisor that their case is ready to be approved. Hurrahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Can you please tell me exactly what number you used and how you got to a rep to find out about your name check?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
ZB

I have registered at USCIS for case status. My I-485 LUD has changed 2 times in the past two days but I do not see anything under case status update. When will I see updates under case status ? How should I know the things like whether I have RFE or they have mailed AP or EAD etc ?

Can anybody tell me when can I expect AP, EAD and I-140 approval based on current trend ? Thanks

LC PD SEP 2002/EB2/IND
CONCURENT FILING
I-140 RD 06/22/06 LUD 06/24
I-485 RD 06/22/06 LUDs 06/24, 07/08, 07/12, 07/13
I-765(EAD) RD 06/22/06 LUDs 06/24, 07/08
I-131 (AP) RD 06/22/06 LUD 06/24
FP (BioMetrics code 3) Done 07/11

Last edited by a moderator:
Zany_Brainy said:
Can you please tell me exactly what number you used and how you got to a rep to find out about your name check?

Thanks
ZB

Dial National customer service number: 1-800-375-5283
Then --- select 1—select 2—select 6—select 1 — enter your SRC number
— select 1- select 3 — and select 4 to speak to a TSC representative.

If your I-485 SRC doesn’t work, punch in your I-140 SRC after
going back to the main menu. When the representative asks for
SRC number, give your 485 SRC.

I didn't call to check my own status, it was my father-in-law's and mother-in-law's applications, which I wanted to inquire about. About my father-in-law, she said, his name check has been pending for more than 4 years, and my mother-in-law's name check was clear. She said, mother-in-law's case can be adjudicated, and she was going to notify her supervisor. By now I had realized that she was a nice lady, so I was like what the heck, let me ask her about the status of my case. And she was so generous to give me all the required information. Its pure luck, that you get to talk to a nice and helpful rep.

Zany_Brainy said:

Thanks
ZB

Manishg_ind

Hopefully your family and yourself will get approval notice. As I have the same LUD as you, ie 7/8/2006, hope that i cleared the name check too.

Please let us know when you get the approval notice. Thansks

Still Pending security check..

I talked to a customer service lady who said that my case was pending 'Security Check'. She said she cannot specify wether its Name Check or Fingerprinting but its pending security check is all she can say.

Anyone knows what 'Security Check' means?

:( Looks like I am stuck again.

ZB

Thanks sgms66 for the good wishes. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't got my AP/EAD approved yet. So probably they will work on those first. I am yet to see a case where 485 is approved before AP/EAD. As I said before, I don't know how much notifying their supervisor going to help. Only after I see some progress in my mother-in-law's case, then I can hope to get some good news soon, because her case is pending for the last 3 years.

sgms66 said:
Manishg_ind

Hopefully your family and yourself will get approval notice. As I have the same LUD as you, ie 7/8/2006, hope that i cleared the name check too.

Please let us know when you get the approval notice. Thansks

Sorry to hear that ZB. This explains why lot of people haven't got their approvals yet, even if their dates are current. I am hoping the visa bulletin for August 2006 will be released today, and praying that the dates don't move back, if not progress further.
Zany_Brainy said:
I talked to a customer service lady who said that my case was pending 'Security Check'. She said she cannot specify wether its Name Check or Fingerprinting but its pending security check is all she can say.

:( Looks like I am stuck again.

ZB

Universal LUD od 7/8/06 is not name check

I finally called both TSC as my & spouse LUD for 485 was also 7/8/06.
She told me that my prints are fine but name check is pending FBI clarification. Spouse name check & FP are fine but she is a derivative case.
Atleast we solved the mistery of that universal LUD.
Thanks

Congratulations mobile. Could you please share AP/EAD/FP dates please?
mobile said:
World EB2

I-140 and I-485 ND 04/12/2006

I-140 and I-485 approved today 7/14/2006

:) :rolleyes: :cool: :D