if so, that's great! Texas or Nebraska?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
mobile said:
World EB2

I-140 and I-485 ND 04/12/2006

I-140 and I-485 approved today 7/14/2006

:) :rolleyes: :cool: :D

Congratulation mobile!! Both 140/485 are approved on the same day. That's a great move at TSC.

Thanks

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

I-485 I-140 mailed from California ( NOT transferred from) directly to Texas Service Center on 4/2/2006

IndianaVictim

So it means that whoever has a LUD on 7/8/2006 has their name check cleared?

Please confirm.

Ive got EAD, AP approved on 6/8 and now just waiting for I485 to be approved, i have a LUD on 7/8 as well. Hope i get it soon, been waiting for sooo many years.

Thanks

Affidavit for Birth Certificate

Hi! Guru's.... Me and my wife have birth certificates that were registered late in 2001 and submitted, but now i got a RFE to submit affidavits from parents as USCIS doesn't accept late registred birth certificates.
I can't get a non-availability certificate as the authorities back home are saying that, now it is registered and we can't give the certificate.
Can you please help me, by telling what should be the format of the affidavit, as my parents are old and cannot do the running around.
and also is there anywhere i can find a sample of the affidavit and also, what is a plausible reason that i can have on the affidavit for making the affidavit, as it cannot be said that " the certificate is not available".

will appreciate some advise ASAP.

Regards.....

No one to take my questions ! Can someone please reply to my following questions. Thanks in advance.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
I have registered at USCIS for case status. My I-485 LUD has changed 2 times in the past two days but I do not see anything under case status update. When will I see updates under case status ? How should I know the things like whether I have RFE or they have mailed AP or EAD etc ?

Can anybody tell me when can I expect AP, EAD and I-140 approval based on current trend ? Thanks

LC PD SEP 2002/EB2/IND
CONCURENT FILING
I-140 RD 06/22/06 LUD 06/24
I-485 RD 06/22/06 LUDs 06/24, 07/08, 07/12, 07/13
I-765(EAD) RD 06/22/06 LUDs 06/24, 07/08
I-131 (AP) RD 06/22/06 LUD 06/24
FP (BioMetrics code 3) Done 07/11

Did you ask specifically for Name Check?

capvo said:
Just checked today with very nice customer representative

Did you ask specifically for Name Check? The lady I talked to was not so nice. She was like 'Your case is pending FBI security checks' I said is it Name Check or Fingerprinting. She says, all I can say it that its pending FBI 'Security Check', I cannot tell you if it is name or fingerprinting.

I am pretty sure that my Fingerprinting is cleared as I got an LUD 1 day after my FP biometrics appointment.

:( :mad:

Guys,
I have added another column to the tracker "Security Check Cleared". Please update your information in the tracker, so that we know, where we stand.

how to find out?

hi guys,

How did you find out if your security or name check is being worked on? Did you call the Service Center to find out or the website?

Thanks!

ZB,

Can You please call again TSC and find out may be another REP what is the status and see if you get different answer. You may be unnecessaily worried.

ManishG,

You may be also unnecessarily overjoyed. Can you also please call TSC one more time and get the status once again. I am not saying your should be or is stuck in security check but it is possible we get different answers from different REPs.

There are many examples in other threa where each REP tells different story. At least for Zany_Brany can get positive answer then that will be great.

Thanks,
neargc

Zany_Brainy said:
Did you ask specifically for Name Check? The lady I talked to was not so nice. She was like 'Your case is pending FBI security checks' I said is it Name Check or Fingerprinting. She says, all I can say it that its pending FBI 'Security Check', I cannot tell you if it is name or fingerprinting.

I am pretty sure that my Fingerprinting is cleared as I got an LUD 1 day after my FP biometrics appointment.

:( :mad:

redlobster_info said:
Hi! Guru's.... Me and my wife have birth certificates that were registered late in 2001 and submitted, but now i got a RFE to submit affidavits from parents as USCIS doesn't accept late registred birth certificates.
I can't get a non-availability certificate as the authorities back home are saying that, now it is registered and we can't give the certificate.
Can you please help me, by telling what should be the format of the affidavit, as my parents are old and cannot do the running around.
and also is there anywhere i can find a sample of the affidavit and also, what is a plausible reason that i can have on the affidavit for making the affidavit, as it cannot be said that " the certificate is not available".

Regards.....

Here is the affidavit format (sample from India ) from parents or any people who have knowledge of your birth:

10 Rupees Stamp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFFIDAVIT
State of Andhra Pradesh,
Country of INDIA.

I, <mother name>, being duly sworn, deposes and says:

I am a citizen and National of India, currently residing at <completed address>, India

I was born on MMM DD, YYYY at <place of birth>, <District: xxxx>, <state>, India and I am the mother of <your name>

<your name> was born on MMM DD, YYYY at <place of birth>, <District: xxxx>, <state>, India, to me and my husband <father nname>

<your name> birth was not recorded by an official Government agency or religious group at the time of birth.

Solemnly affirmed and signed before me at <place>, <state>, India on <date>.

Notary person seal

Deponent
( signature)

SWORN TO BEFORE ME
Advocate seal with his/her name

What could be the possible reason for TSC customer service to give you wrong information. Do you know of somebody who got diffrent answers with different reps as far as namecheck is concerned. I was told my FP check is clear but namecheck is pending and i believe it as there is no other reason for my I-485 to be pending.
neargc said:
ZB,

Can You please call again TSC and find out may be another REP what is the status and see if you get different answer. You may be unnecessaily worried.

ManishG,

You may be also unnecessarily overjoyed. Can you also please call TSC one more time and get the status once again. I am not saying your should be or is stuck in security check but it is possible we get different answers from different REPs.

There are many examples in other threa where each REP tells different story. At least for Zany_Brany can get positive answer then that will be great.

Thanks,
neargc

Affidavit format

Here's a sample affidavit:
http://www.usabal.com/permres/AOS/birth_cert_info.html

redlobster_info said:

Regards.....

Hey, I am not overjoyed. I wasn't even concerned about my own case, when I called them. As I said before, I called them to check the status of my in-law's cases. So, I am cool, even if the information the rep gave is wrong. I guess its too early for me to get worried. And also, calling multiple times, with the same question doesn't really help. I have heard they record every time you call them about your case. And I don't want to be red-flagged. Of course ZB should call and ask another rep.

neargc said:
ZB,

ManishG,

Thanks,
neargc

Raj97,

You might have to search but at least it was the case 6 months before that someone says Security check is stuck and someone says it is clear. It is in I-485 issues-->Name Check

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845

Raj97 said:
What could be the possible reason for TSC customer service to give you wrong information. Do you know of somebody who got diffrent answers with different reps as far as namecheck is concerned. I was told my FP check is clear but namecheck is pending and i believe it as there is no other reason for my I-485 to be pending.

neargc

Called again..

neargc said:
ZB,

ManishG,

Thanks,
neargc

Well,
this time I found a very helpful lady, who took the time to open my case file and she said that
1) Your fingerprints are cleared
2) Your Name Check is currently pending

Anyway,
2 reps 2 different ways of saying it, but finally the status is 'Name Check Pending' :(

Only thing is atleast I am not the only one here... So I have company in my misery.

ZB

Welcome to the club

Zany_Brainy said:
Well,
this time I found a very helpful lady, who took the time to open my case file and she said that

Anyway,
2 reps 2 different ways of saying it, but finally the status is 'Name Check Pending' :(

Only thing is atleast I am not the only one here... So I have company in my misery.

ZB

Hi ZB;
We hope this money will help us.

Amendments to the Science, State, Justice, and Commerce Appropriations Act of 2007, H.R. 5672

Nadler (D-NY). Reduces by $40 million (from $668 million to $628 million) the funds in the bill for rental of office space in Washington, D.C. by the U.S. Parole Commission; increases by $40 million (from $5.959 billion to $5.999 billion) the funds in the bill for necessary expenses of the FBI.

According to the sponsor, this amendment would provide $40 million for the FBI’s National Name Check Program (NNCP). The sponsor states that NNCP processes U.S. citizenship and Immigration Services security background checks for immigrants applying for asylum, residency, and citizenship, and NNCP has a “significant backlog” processing these applications, and these funds will help eliminate the backlog.

andy

Zany_Brainy said:
Well,

Anyway,

ZB

ZB,

It seems to most of I-485 applications are still pending due to this studip Name check. It seems to FP will be cleared immediately for most of them. You can figured out this by seeing any LUD after your FP.

In your case also there was LUD after your FP. It means (guess) your FP got cleared. Wish you good luck.

Thanks