TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I also called FBI later and they were friendly - however the lady said she could only give information about FP - nothing else. Case is, I had an I-485 filed in February 2005 and that information still showed as 'cleared'. For the present I-485 I haven't been invited for FP yet (my wife was on 4/22/06). The lasy thought that was odd since last year's FP is more than 15 months old.

michaelhryu said:
Glad that you managed to speak to a TSC representative at last! Did she tell you if your fingerprints were cleared at least? I believe FBI probably returned the results the same day you did your fingerprinting at ASC. If you like, you can easily find your FP clearance status by simply calling FBI at 304-625-2000.

Needless to say, your I-485 would be processed now if security checks were completed. Hopefully, everything will be cleared for review in a week or so if not overnight.

Good luck!

Michael

Two pending I-485?

Do you mean to say you have two I-485 applications are pending at TSC? If so, is there a particular reason for that? I am just curious.

gc_2006 said:
I also called FBI later and they were friendly - however the lady said she could only give information about FP - nothing else. Case is, I had an I-485 filed in February 2005 and that information still showed as 'cleared'. For the present I-485 I haven't been invited for FP yet (my wife was on 4/22/06). The lasy thought that was odd since last year's FP is more than 15 months old.

Whatever the case may be, I wish you GOOD LUCK!

Michael

I again called USCIS today about my FP and Name check. The nice lady took my number and asked me to wait. I hold for 5/10 min and then she again told me to hold on for some more time. She enter something in the computer and after 15 minutes she came back to the phone and confirmed that my FP was cleared and name check is still pending.

I wonder what she did for almost 20 minutes. My guess is my FP record form FBI was not updated and so my Name check was not sent at all. I think today she fixed that sent the Name check request to FBI for me. I will check back after one week.

Thanks,
no, not 2 - earlier case died when previous employer laid everyone off and was so nice to withdraw pending I-140, which caused I-485 to not stand anymore.
Now, I have new LC with a new employer and new I-140/I-485.

michaelhryu said:
Do you mean to say you have two I-485 applications are pending at TSC? If so, is there a particular reason for that? I am just curious.

Whatever the case may be, I wish you GOOD LUCK!

Michael

Thank goodness!

gc_2006 said:
Thanks,
no, not 2 - earlier case died when previous employer laid everyone off and was so nice to withdraw pending I-140, which caused I-485 to not stand anymore.

Your former employer took such a trouble to cancel the pending I-140, etc., let alone laying everyone off. He would’ve just saved some money from mailing costs and such while doing so in a hard time like that. You’ve seen it all!

I was just wondering if you could file a motion to reopen the dead I-485 based on your newly approved I-140. I can’t think of the term used in a situation like that off the head. Was it interfiling I-485 or something? Unfortunately, I don’t know a thing about the matter. Can anyone continue on this issue, please?

Michael

I think they are trying to stick to that 6 month commitment. On june 15, they were doing Dec 15 th '05 cases, on June 30th, they were processing cases with Dec 31st' 05 RD and now July 19th, they are processing 1/16/06 RD petitions.

I dont think there is any commitment. They just put out a date, so
that they can show they have met the 6 month deadline set by the Prez.
There are a whole lot of cases before Jan that are yet to be adjudicated.
Ofcourse they can blame it on the FBI name check. ;-)

Neotheone

In your LUD trail, you mention LUDs on 07/20 and 07/21. This is on a message that you posed on 07/20. So how come you mentioned LUD on 07/21?

ramc2006

status update

EAD approved 7/20/06, 10 days after receiving the petition at TSC. Wickedly fast!

FP scheduled for 8/1/06 for AOS.

krook1 said:
I dont think there is any commitment. They just put out a date, so
that they can show they have met the 6 month deadline set by the Prez.
There are a whole lot of cases before Jan that are yet to be adjudicated.
Ofcourse they can blame it on the FBI name check. ;-)

I agree with krook1. Processing dates are kind of fake. Look into the AP processing date on TSC website. It says June 9th. But I see lots of people including me filed AP week(s) before that date are still waiting for approval..

Last edited by a moderator:
I solely updated my signature

LUDs do not mean much, I think :(
ramc2006 said:
Neotheone

In your LUD trail, you mention LUDs on 07/20 and 07/21. This is on a message that you posed on 07/20. So how come you mentioned LUD on 07/21?

ramc2006

Just wondering

I was reading the exchange of pleasantries about bothering the people in the service centers, and the following question came to mind.
Does AP or EAD approvals require that the fingerprinting and name checks be complete? In such case one would have some idea how these checks are moving by looking at approvals of AP's and EAD's as well. Am I far off track?

Iwantmygc2006 said:
I was reading the exchange of pleasantries about bothering the people in the service centers, and the following question came to mind.
Does AP or EAD approvals require that the fingerprinting and name checks be complete? In such case one would have some idea how these checks are moving by looking at approvals of AP's and EAD's as well. Am I far off track?
I don't think AP and EAD approval depend on FP/Name Ckeck clearance. I know few people who got AP/EAD approved before FP is done.

No it does not..

gc2006usa said:
I don't think AP and EAD approval depend on FP/Name Ckeck clearance. I know few people who got AP/EAD approved before FP is done.
EAD, I-140, AP all do not need fingerprinting or Namecheck. The FBI security checks are needed for the AOS process.

Thanks
ZB

no issues

gc_2006 said:
Thanks,

previous I-485 will have no impact on the current one, however, make sure your answers are consistent.

had the previous I-140 not been withdrawn (or 6 months have passed after the previous I-485 had been filed prior to the I-140 being withdrawn), you could have used its priority date in lieu of your more recent priority date. at this point, the only thing that could be used from the previous green card process is the labor cert (and its priority date), but only if the previous employer decides to file a new I-140.

Yes, it is a long story. Previous employer closed that particular location - and no, the I-485 had been pending less than 2 months at that point - so they will not file new I-140...However I used the old LC and got 7th year H-1B extension approved recently, although the I-140 based on it was long revoked :D . But since I went on EAD because even my lawyer thought the H-1B extension wouldn't go through....it is more of an academic achievement at this point.

eastsidedude said:
previous I-485 will have no impact on the current one, however, make sure your answers are consistent.

had the previous I-140 not been withdrawn (or 6 months have passed after the previous I-485 had been filed prior to the I-140 being withdrawn), you could have used its priority date in lieu of your more recent priority date. at this point, the only thing that could be used from the previous green card process is the labor cert (and its priority date), but only if the previous employer decides to file a new I-140.