TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Kolkata68 said:
I even wrote to the Senetor unfortunately he lost the election does it mean I have to follow up the new Senator or rather write to the congressman

Good Luck, but from other posts on the forum-it indicates that Contacting Congressman doesn't do any good and they reply back that it is in Name Check. Check the FBI site

BaliUSA said:
Good Luck, but from other posts on the forum-it indicates that Contacting Congressman doesn't do any good and they reply back that it is in Name Check. Check the FBI site

Basically what it means to me it is like a black hole. Is that right?

Kolkata68 said:
Basically what it means to me it is like a black hole. Is that right?
Yeap, very rarely someone gets a direct answer about the name check(don't know why)

We just hope that ours get it done and off course without any negative remarks.
We for sure find out once 485 Gets a clearance;

By the way what R Ur Details: PD and EB1/2/3, I know U R from India (India has longest wait in this category)

Number for TSC

Hello Kolkata68.

What number did you dial?
I have been calling Customer Service at (800) 375–5283. They say they do not have any information about my case other than what is said on the web-page. Both times I called they created an inquiry for TSC. I am yet to receive an answer.

Please help.

Kolkata68 said:
My 140 approved on July 26 and last update for my 485 was on 29th July. Received date was April 28 2006. Called TSC they indicated ( at least what I understood from them) that it is still in name check. Called FBI from Finger printing status they said it has been done since 18 May 2006. Any ideas how long the Name check requires.

Any idea will be appreciated.
Thanks

BaliUSA said:
Yeap, very rarely someone gets a direct answer about the name check(don't know why)

We just hope that ours get it done and off course without any negative remarks.
We for sure find out once 485 Gets a clearance;

By the way what R Ur Details: PD and EB1/2/3, I know U R from India (India has longest wait in this category)

I am EB2
PD: May 2002
RD: APR 2006

WindyRoad said:
Hello Kolkata68.

What number did you dial?
I have been calling Customer Service at (800) 375–5283. They say they do not have any information about my case other than what is said on the web-page. Both times I called they created an inquiry for TSC. I am yet to receive an answer.

Please help.

I dialed National service centre and choose the option where it says case status and want to go further

EAD card "fingerprint not available"

Hi,

I applied EAD on 10/18/06 and recevied the card on 11/25/06. However, it says "fingerprint not available". Anyone have similar situation?

BTW, my 485 was filed on 10/01/2006 and fingerprint was taken on 10/13/06. There is no LUD after fingerprint. Does it mean even fingerprint wasn't cleared from FBI?

Thanks!

Thanks Kolkata68.
BTW, we have similar receipt dates. Here is my case:

Category: EB3- Worldwide
LC PD: DEC-2001
I140: AP
I485: RD - 4/25/06; LUD - 6/7/06
FP: 6/2/06

Kolkata68 said:
I dialed National service centre and choose the option where it says case status and want to go further

fogman1 said:
Hi,

I applied EAD on 10/18/06 and recevied the card on 11/25/06. However, it says "fingerprint not available". Anyone have similar situation?

BTW, my 485 was filed on 10/01/2006 and fingerprint was taken on 10/13/06. There is no LUD after fingerprint. Does it mean even fingerprint wasn't cleared from FBI?

Thanks!
Most cases it is like that, even the finger printing is done and cleared.
They also do not put the PD in the receipt

I have a name that I'm sure is very rare. But I'm pretty much stuck in name check as well. I filed for I-485 on May 8th and my PD is current. I've been waiting for almost 7 months. There are no rules on who gets his name cleared sooner or later or on what basis FBI handles the process. This is really annoying and it's hard for me to believe it's happening in a country like the US. I mean come on, how much time does it take to run a database query and see if someone is a criminal? :confused:

BaliUSA said:
Depends how many Banerjees or Chaterjees have committed Crime and if they match with your Birth Dates; It is mostly the Name combinations(all variants) then DoB. Don't worry Just hope that, There are not too many Bengali names( Who gets a "HIT" duiring name check)

May be huge backlog of name checks ?

crazy_frog said:
I mean come on, how much time does it take to run a database query and see if someone is a criminal? :confused:
may be they haven't even got to that step of querying the database ?!
Heard there are millions of name check cases piled.
[/QUOTE]

prince123 said:
may be they haven't even got to that step of querying the database ?!
Heard there are millions of name check cases piled.
[/QUOTE]
they must have the Querry; But if U ever work in a Govt department-U can understand, Trust me I was working in Govt dept(some other country) and got tired of the attitude and have to change the Job

Crazy Frog,

I havd a same PD (May, 08, 2006) as yours, and I 'm still waiting... let's keep in touch with each other with any good news?

WaitingII said:
Crazy Frog,

I havd a same PD (May, 08, 2006) as yours, and I 'm still waiting... let's keep in touch with each other with any good news?

I am totally with you. Lets keep this conversation going though we all know that is not going change anything as far as name check matters. I happen to know from my friend who works in another agency that they are very much understuff.

Why can't USCIS add more info to the online check ?

They could have added more info like,

1. namecheck submitted on <date>
2. namecheck cleared on <date>
3. FP check submitted on <date>
4. FP check cleared on <date>
5. Application reviewed and just waiting for PD to become
current.
etc. etc,
May be there is a "security risk" in divulging these ?

I would caution against assuming that because you think your name is "rare" that it doesn't make sense to get stuck in namecheck. When you consider that their database has millions of names going back more than a decade, the chances of the database having what we would otherwise consider to be "rare" names are very high. And who knows what these databases contain. There could be a lot more than just criminal names in there - they have stated that they contain "reference" names as well, i.e. people connected in some shape or form to the main person's investigation. Also they look at different combinations and phonetic spellings of the names. So in the world of namecheck, I would say there is no such thing as "rare" names, just "lucky" and "unlucky" names :D

We recieved an email letting us know that an RFE is on its way for my spouse.

Receipt Number: SRC06239XXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On November 27, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

I wonder what the RFE is..

All our (3) I-485s have LUDS today--after 3 months.

I wonder if this means I am out of the name check. TSC had told me that spouse's and child's application would not be processed till mine had cleared namecheck. Has anyone else had this experience.

herenthere said:
I would caution against assuming that because you think your name is "rare" that it doesn't make sense to get stuck in namecheck. When you consider that their database has millions of names going back more than a decade, the chances of the database having what we would otherwise consider to be "rare" names are very high. And who knows what these databases contain. There could be a lot more than just criminal names in there - they have stated that they contain "reference" names as well, i.e. people connected in some shape or form to the main person's investigation. Also they look at different combinations and phonetic spellings of the names. So in the world of namecheck, I would say there is no such thing as "rare" names, just "lucky" and "unlucky" names :D

U R correct, any names as witnesses, Commercial Crime etc are supposed to be in Database, I happened to be in one of those instances( My name was in one of the references in useless case)-I mean my Last name.

It is a different story that my Name in US Europe is so un-common.

Just 12-13 before 10 years; now it has grown up to 32-35 in USA only.

Sometimes it is just bad luck.

I got stuck up in LC for no reason for 4 years :mad:

and prepared that It can happen to me- so

guys/girls- Cross Yr fingers(once U file 485) and then live it to USCIS(sorry No gods help here-there are so many, we do not know who is the real GOD: Praying an unknown entity???? may not help, and if some god helps please let me know I will start prying to that GOD/Goddess)

Same here

GCin-waitng said:
We recieved an email letting us know that an RFE is on its way for my spouse.

Receipt Number: SRC06239XXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On November 27, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

I wonder what the RFE is..

All our (3) I-485s have LUDS today--after 3 months.

I wonder if this means I am out of the name check. TSC had told me that spouse's and child's application would not be processed till mine had cleared namecheck. Has anyone else had this experience.

I received the same information online and email dated 11/22/2006, though my spouse' case did not change at all. I was thinking the RFE might be related to the medical document since I was pregnant while we submitted our applications I did not get all the shots that were required. I sure hope it means I am out of the name check. Let's keep each other updated.
Good Luck to all of us!