• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

In my view they are working on it and the ban was the only way to manage the flow after embassies reopened.
Let’s hope and praises and good luck for all of us.
Kindly

In Taiwan, routine US visa service will resume on 7/15 but American Institute in Taiwan will be prioritizing student and exchanged visitor visa first. At this time, they are not be able to process those immigration and non-immigration visa affected by EO. So, Consular process resumes and only EO takes affect on taiwanese DV2020 winers.

In Taiwan, routine US visa service will resume on 7/15 but American Institute in Taiwan will be prioritizing student and exchanged visitor visa first. At this time, they are not be able to process those immigration and non-immigration visa affected by EO. So, Consular process resumes and only EO takes affect on taiwanese DV2020 winers.
At least its a good sign, embassies are reopening in phases. Hope all embassies will resume their work.

Are there any updates in the lawsuit? I have seen in the news a lawsuit was filed recently to address the H-1B visas but nothing to address the ban on green cards.

Australian embassy website posted this yesterday: "As of 16 July 2020, the United States Consulates General in Sydney and Perth are resuming certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including travelers with urgent travel needs and students (F, M and J categories). While the Consulates General aim to process cases as soon as practicable, there are likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs."

Australian embassy website posted this yesterday: "As of 16 July 2020, the United States Consulates General in Sydney and Perth are resuming certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including travelers with urgent travel needs and students (F, M and J categories). While the Consulates General aim to process cases as soon as practicable, there are likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs."
I think is the third (maybe fourth) embassy I’ve seen that has said they will prioritize student visas, which makes sense with just weeks to go before most schools open for fall - I’d expect this will become a trend.

Does Trump have the authority to cancel future DV or current ones (2020 and 2021)?

I don't know if he can or cannot. But DV2020 is pretty much done. And DV2021 selectees who has submissed their ds-260 will get their interview appointments after 2020.Dec.31 unless D.Trump get elected again and extend band. Or new president decides to extend ban.

Are there any updates in the lawsuit? I have seen in the news a lawsuit was filed recently to address the H-1B visas but nothing to address the ban on green cards.
Well according to Britismon there is some experienced good bunch of lawyers are going to challenge against ban on green card issues. It's been month since and they were asking all DV2020 selectees to fill a form to build a case against this BAN. Since then at least i haven't heard any news from them.

Hi all,

The US State Department announced yesterday that some visa exceptions from Schengen countries are now possible for business travel to the United States. While capacity for managing applications in Germany is still facing challenges, the consulates and embassy in Germany are accepting applicants for B and E visas. This is good news and I hope that DV applications will be managed soon as well. https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproje...tate-department-amid-trumps/story?id=71759584

Just received a further email from my visa renewal inquiry on July 2. Looks like embassies/consulates may finally be getting some instructions from DoS?
Although 10 minutes after they sent the email they tried to recall it twice, and then resent the exact same email again for some reason...

Thank you for your email.

Your case has been reviewed by the Consular Officer. We are currently able to reissue your visa since your visa was still valid when the Presidential Proclamation came into effect.

All DV programs end/close on the last work day of September or earlier if the quota of visa numbers is used up earlier than September. Under no circumstances can a DV visa be issued after September 30, 2020.
When did Presidential Proclamation come into effect ?

Hi all,

The US State Department announced yesterday that some visa exceptions from Schengen countries are now possible for business travel to the United States. While capacity for managing applications in Germany is still facing challenges, the consulates and embassy in Germany are accepting applicants for B and E visas. This is good news and I hope that DV applications will be managed soon as well. https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproje...tate-department-amid-trumps/story?id=71759584
The visas they are issuing were not banned. DVs are.

The visas they are issuing were not banned. DVs are.
I know that (I even mentioned in my text that they‘re accepting applicants for B&E visas). I was hoping that they might consider opening up the embassies again with a more or less full service. For me this seems to be a glimmer of hope as the closure of the embassies is currently a huge problem. Also, this is the first time I heard some news in this regards from an embassy in a Schengen country and that‘s why I posted it.

Helsinki 03.08
And these words - Applicants for H1B, H2B, H4, L and certain J categories covered by Presidential Proclamation 10052 should request an appointment only if you have reason to believe you may qualify for one of the exceptions listed in the Proclamation.
That's good news for me. It means, they should give me a chance to prove my exception

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200716-155456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200716-155456_Chrome.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 30
I know that (I even mentioned in my text that they‘re accepting applicants for B&E visas). I was hoping that they might consider opening up the embassies again with a more or less full service. For me this seems to be a glimmer of hope as the closure of the embassies is currently a huge problem. Also, this is the first time I heard some news in this regards from an embassy in a Schengen country and that‘s why I posted it.
There’s no point holding interviews for banned categories while there are still big backlogs in the non banned categories. It is interesting that they are starting with B and E whereas others I’ve seen are starting with spouse/child of USC immigrant visas, and student visas. I guess the conclusion is that each embassy is tailoring to its own biggest backlog?