Transfers to Missouri

Actually, I am thinking of writting them a letter to request files to be transferred to my local office.

What do you guys think?

I am from NYC(Long Island), Somebody told me that in NYC it will take an year if it comes to local office (So I hope this shouldn't happen), All my collegues who apllied around the same time have got approvals in last 10 days, I guess Transfer is a bad thing if i see this way.

tangonta seems right, i heard that from my lawyer most probably cases will transfer back to their local offices for interview after processing

bobxu, if you need our assistant interms of signature etc tell us

Transferred from VSC to MSC

:( I am joining you guys in the same boat for the transfer from Vermont to Missouri. The thing here is online status says Missouri
and phone says Chicago

It's a bit confusing about two different service centers

Live in NY
May 2002
EB2
done 2 FP Jan 2004
applied 3rd EAD

bobxu any progress after that?

I wrote a letter to the pobox address in chicago IL to request my files be transferred to my local office. I will let you guys know if anything happen at all.

I think Philadephia local office joined with NYC to transfer new cases to NBC

Guys: check all the CIS local office web page.

This is from CIS local office web site:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/philadelphia/aboutus.htm#anchor155614

For those adjustment applications filed at the local office, please note effective February 17, 2004, the Philadelphia District Office will no longer process I-130/I-485 applications or any application submitted in conjunction with an I-485. This includes Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. We will accept the applications by mail or in person, with fees attached and forward them daily to the National Benefit Center for processing. You will receive a filing receipt from that office within 14 days. All employment documents and travel documents will be mailed directly to you from the National Benefit Center. Adjustment of Status interviews will still be conducted locally once the case is scheduled and transferred back to Philadelphia.

Same thing happened to Pittsburgh, Boston

I believe it is either related to redistribution of work load or part of centalization plan.

I hope National Benefit Center can do a better job.

Last edited by a moderator:
MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

Good or Bad???

On April 8, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.
:confused:

Vengala s. reddy

Which state are you in?

No one can answer your question at this point since none of the transferred case got touched yet. We are waiting....

Bobxu

are you from the cleveland area

the only explanation for msc transfers usually is backlogged local office. cleveland is backlogged compared to cin, and col. hence was wondering if you are in the area serviced by cleveland.

Originally posted by vengala s. reddy
bobxu

I am from ohio

As far as I know the average time span from transfer to NYC to conductiong interview is about one year, if transfer to MSC is supposed to speed up, can we say that we expect less waiting? seems not any person have got any further information from MSC yet?? considering we have already been waiting for more than two years, and it is so unfair for us to wait for more time..

I visited Hartford yesterday. I found my file is in Hartford. My wife and daughter's file are in MSC. When I apply my AP in Hartford, Hartford office asked transfer my file from MSC. So officer said, he will take care our file. My file send to MSC or ask MSC to transfer other file. I hope he transfer my file to MSC again. Hartford is now taking process more than 14 month.

Re: are you from the cleveland area

I would like to believe that is the case, but my local office at Latham, NY normally takes only about two months for interview, now with the transfer, it is probably at least a six month waiting.

bobxu

Originally posted by ag28
the only explanation for msc transfers usually is backlogged local office. cleveland is backlogged compared to cin, and col. hence was wondering if you are in the area serviced by cleveland.

From another thread:

Originally posted by NoVAguy
Lawyer and myself spoke to BCIS officer yesterday about my I-485 case that was transferred to Missouri. Officer said the reason they are transferring cases to Missouri is because they do not have a heavy workload and they process cases in a speedier fashion. Like someone is gonna believe that! If that's the case, why have some people that have been transferred in Oct. 03 not heard anything from them yet about an adjudication/interview. I am going to renew my EAD this week. Hopefully that will trigger something in Missouri. :-(

joining the team of transfers to Missouri

I was wondering if we all can see if there is any commonality in our cases which triggered them to transfer our cases to Missouri
1. RD dates
2. Location
3. Change of address
4. AC-21
5. Original Labour dates (very long pending cases)

If we can all post our details maybe we can start seeing something

I am posting my details
I-485 RD : 02/11/02
Change of address : twice (Minnesota under NSC)
Ac-21 : not filed but changed employer
0rg GC start date : 09/02/99

Regards

RD Feb 2002
location NYC
No address change, but staff of INS changed address from our attonery address to our home address during fp2
Not AC21
EB1