Transfers to Missouri

Yes tangonta, I have to wait 104 days to get my I-EAD.

I went to hartford, CT after 90 days but was refused I-EAD by the hartford office and was asked to come back after 104 days.

Reason

One main reason for transfers to MSC, could be reduced workload at MSC. Remember that MSC has stopped doing Visa revalidation for most cases and also their H1 processing workload is going to be drastically reduced. So there will be lot of immigration officers available to take up other work.

We have not seen any movement from MSC though. The earliest transfers I have found in this forum is last October, should we say it will take MSC at least 4-5 month to touch the transferred cases?

My guesses on reason of transfering:

Security Check: the local offices do not have the capability/equipments for security check, so all the transfers to local offices are now going to MSC for background check as well as scheduling.

If this is the case, interview timing would depends on the time that security checks take and load of local office.

Tangonta,

Do you get any info from Hartfort CT office as to the place of the actual interview? Will it be in Missouri or still in local office?

Thanks,
Bobxu

No. They did not give me any information. They just said "we do not have your package, we can not do any things". Even AP, EAD.
But we got AP from Hartford. I think I talked bad officer.

When I went to hartford, I enquired about my I-485 interview about where it will be held (My case has been transfered to MSC) , the officer told me that sometimes MSC may approve the I-485 case without the interview (eventhough I told her that my case status says 'MSC will schedule an interview'). She also told that if MSC needs to schedule an interview, they will schedule it in Hartford. I will keep my fingers crossed.

RGade,

Thanks for the good info. Hope that the officer is right taht all of us here will get approved soon.

Best,
Bobxu

RGade,

Thanks for info.
I hope no interview. My lawyer office is in DC so I can save lots of money if no interview.

Tangonta, Samewith me. My lawyer is in Michigan.

When I talked to my lawyer, if she will accompany me to the interview, she told me that it is not necessary for her to be at the interview. (May be she doesn't want to fly all the way to CT for her other business reasons).

She told that I should call her if I need some advice/info during the interview process.

My I-485 case is transfered to MSC on November 24,2003. Havent heard anything yet. Did any case transfered to MSC has moved.

RD: 6/20/2002
ND:6/24/2002

Bobxu,

First of all thankyou for starting this thread.

When my case was filed I was in Ynkers, NY. Now I'm in NJ

Another episode of Change of Address:
I made a request for change of address over phone and I got a notice from Vermont stating as my case was transfered, I have to send a written request to Missouri for Change of Address. I did sent a certified mail requesting the same and awaiting for the confirmation from them.

Thanks,
PG32

PG32,

thanks for the reply.

While I was going through all the related
thread to find transfers to MSC. It looks like that the transfer cases are mostly for people whose local office is in NYC. My local office is albany, NY and I was suspecting that my case was an accidental transfer, so I am trying to find cases outside of NYC being transferred to prove myself wrong. That is the reason I was asking.

Anyway, hope we see some movement soon.

bobxu,

I am from ATLANTA, GA..my case got transferred on 10/20/03 from VSC to MSC when I send my AR-11 since I moved from NJ to GA. I think, one of the reason they are transferring to MSC because our local offices like NYC and ATLANTA having huge backlog/overloaded of transferred cases. I havn't seen any case transferred for states other than NY and GA.

I am still waiting to hear from them!

Originally posted by bobxu
PG32,

thanks for the reply.

While I was going through all the related
thread to find transfers to MSC. It looks like that the transfer cases are mostly for people whose local office is in NYC. My local office is albany, NY and I was suspecting that my case was an accidental transfer, so I am trying to find cases outside of NYC being transferred to prove myself wrong. That is the reason I was asking.

Anyway, hope we see some movement soon.

Recent News

After one month transter to MSC for scheduling interview my online massege changed to follow
"On February 5, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."