Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

our case transfered to DC

today we received e mails that our case has been transfered to washington DC for interview (our cases were still at vermont service center

On April 25, 2007, we transferred this case to our WASHINGTON, DC location to
conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485
APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be
sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something
from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We
process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to
estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our WASHINGTON,
DC location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also
receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link
below to register.

please share your experince and let me know if this is good thing or do we have to wait again for some years.......and if anyone has an interview experience please share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EB3 WORLDWIDE PD JULY 17 2002
I485/I140 RD= 06/19/2003
I140 APPROVED= 11/19/2004
I485 DENIED (for all 5 applicants,principal & 4 dependents)= jan 2005
MTR I290B feb, 2005
I485 RE OPENED 06/03/2005
I485 SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW (case opened and scheduled for interview for only principal applicant) 06/07/2005

SENT BACK TO VERMONT 12/07/2005
2ND FP = 01/12/2007
LAST LUD (WITHOUT MESSAGE CHANGE ) 01/19/2007
CASES REOPENED FOR DEPENDENTS= 02/27/2007
RECEIVED TRANSFER TO DC E MAILS= 04/25/07

Guys from my experience, it takes about 2-3 months from the time they transfer the case to DC office, to get the interview call. Best of luck for that.

dcmetro22042,

I noticed that you already did the interview about 3 months ago. However, your Passport has not been stamped and you have not gotten the card as per your signature. Is this because your visa number is retrogressed or for some other reason? I thought the adjudication officer usually stamps the passport right after the interview.

Guys from my experience, it takes about 2-3 months from the time they transfer the case to DC office, to get the interview call. Best of luck for that.

sPERM: You are right. My PD is retrogressed as of now. Officer told me that my case was 'approvable' but he cannot approve it and stamp my passport since visas are not available for my date right now.

No new interview appointment in May

My lawyer told me that Deputy Director at Fairfax Office sent an email to all lawyers that they will exclusively focus on continued applications(interviewed but still pending) in May and their major focus would be continued applications until July with a target of all continued applications under control. Interview appointments would be limited until July.

It is bad news for those who are waiting for the interview notice.

Guys now that there is a BIG movement in the visa numbers, lets see how many of us see positive movement soon. I am really hoping for good news since I have been interviewed and my PD is current from June!!

Please advice 485 approved

My case with local USCIS has been approved and approval letter has been mailed and the letter status "Your 485 has been approved and it will take 6 months to 12 months"

Questions are :

1- Does it really takes 6 months to one year to get the cards?

2.Why I have not received a letter saying to come to local office for the 485 stamping on the passport?

3. Can i travel to India on Advance parole?

Please let me know why i has not told to get the green card stamping

Does my EAD/AP is valid now?, I am working on EAD now?

revoke:

CONGRATS!!
It does not take that long to get the cards. Maybe 30 days or just over. I would recommend taking the infopass to get your passport stamped so that you can travel using that. You shall no longer need the AP then.
Can you please give us details on your case. PD, Country, Interviewed before? If so,when, etc

dcmetro,
I have heard that the Local Field Offices no longer stamp the passport. Are you sure they still do?

revoke:

CONGRATS!!
It does not take that long to get the cards. Maybe 30 days or just over. I would recommend taking the infopass to get your passport stamped so that you can travel using that. You shall no longer need the AP then.
Can you please give us details on your case. PD, Country, Interviewed before? If so,when, etc

Who told you that? Back when I interviewed in Feb, I was told they do. Not sure if anything changed since then. I shall revisit in July and find out.

Thats true, They no longer give you the passport stamp unless its emergency. Immigration officer working on my case told me.

Who told you that? Back when I interviewed in Feb, I was told they do. Not sure if anything changed since then. I shall revisit in July and find out.

Here are my details

EB3/VSC/PD-APRIL2003

I485 LOCAL OFFICE transfer/interview on Oct/2005.

485 Approved letter Last week.

I heard that they might not do stamping but many of the friends says it will take 30 to 60 days and also Ginnu told the same thing,but i feel very insecure without passport stamping what is the proof/.

You know how USCIS works.. I was wondering will just a single letter will work as a proof?

It is really surprising that we have not seen many approval from the DC Local Office this month with so many PDs being current. Hoping for the best for all of us. Revoke485, you're the only one so far! Letter is good enough for now buddy. You can also call USCIS 800 # and ask when you'll get the letter.

Went to the local office today. IO told me that don't expect any approval until July since officers are moving to another floor this month and their computers are down! I was amazed at this story..but felt no need to question it. I have taken another Infopass for July.

My 485 is pending for 2+ years for name check. Recently I have received Interview letter for Aug. 10 along with FP2 Notice. Does that mean my Name Check has been cleared?

Interview Notice Received

I received mine too. It was dated on 6/29 and scheduled on 8/14. I never checked name check status before and I am looking forward to having an interview and hopefully my application will be approved after the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485

My employer is refusing to sign the letter stating that I work in the organization and I require 2 copies of this letter to file my I-485 for myself and my husband.
Does anybody know of any way around this.
Please help, we are trying to get our application in ASAP.
Thank you.

I have received Interview letter for 8/13/07 along with FP2 notice. I went to Fairfax office this week to find out the Name Check status. Unfortunately, I was told that my Name Check Status is still pending. Has any one in situation like this where Interview completed but name check pending?

Can anyone provide some information what kind of question do they ask during interview? thanks.