Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

H1Blayoff said:
Hey guys,

I am happy but at the same time unhappy too because my wife's case is still pending.

-Bye

Congratulations on your stamp and hope your wife will get the letter soon.

Did the officer ask medical?

Question

Congratulations Guys!

My case has been transfered to DC office on dec 17th , EB3 Category,PD mid 02. When Can I expect the interview ?
My EAD is expiring in June . Do I have to send my 765 application to DC or Vermont ?

Congratulations :) :)
H1Blayoff, ironklad, March1st, Perico, Wonderfulboy (Alphabetic order).....
and anyone who got over the last hurdle in the recent past...

Each one had a long/different kind of journey and different stops/hiccups to reach one destination..... GC.

Some of you still have a Part-2 [Spouse awaiting approval et al]. Wishing a speedy approval for all those waiting.

Thanks for your sharing and the spirit. I am sure you all will cherish these moments for a long, long time and ....
also take some time to pitch in with your invaluable replies from past experiences...

Keep up the good work and Best wishes in all your endeavours...

Cheers!!!
V!

Congratulations H1Blayoff. I hope ur wife's case also gets approved soon.
H1Blayoff said:
Hey guys,
Said he is going to approve this case and stamped my passport.

Thats all guys.. I am happy but at the same time unhappy too because my wife's case is still pending. The good part here is that the officer took her photos and fingerprints and said that she should get the interview letter soon. How soon we don't know.

quick_and_fast said:
Congratulations on your stamp and hope your wife will get the letter soon.

Did the officer ask medical?

You'll be happy to know that the officer didn't ask me for medicals. Don't do medicals, they don't ask for it. I wasted my $$$ but its OK.

Thanks Everyone for the wishes. Hopefully my wife gets her stamp soon. Will keep everyone updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Buddy

H1Blayoff said:
Thanks Everyone for the wishes. Hopefully my wife gets her stamp soon. Will keep everyone updated.

Congratulations H1BLayoff, on your stamping. Have fun. Not to worry, your wife will also get it soon. Since the primary is done, dependents will get them very soon.

Advance parole

We went to Hartford INS today for applying our advance parole. We got it approved tday itself. But after reaching home we noticed that the parole visa they given us is not in INS watermark seal paper. It is in a ordinary paper, with INS seal on it. will it be a problem? :confused: Did anybody else got advance parole from local office?

smt

You know what ..we got stamped

Myself and my wife got stamped this morning(a hour Ago).
I have not received my Interview letter(it was missed in mail due to address change), my wife has received the interview letter by address change option from old address, my attorney has also not received letter for both.
here is my exp.,
we went inside at 7:50AM the officer "A" came out after 15min. , called with my wife name and i have explained about missing interview letter.
he told me he has two files with him, took us inside,He took finger print then oath, asked couple of quetions and took tax returns and employer letter and passports,eads,i-94, he did not even check the papers and he completed his paper work, and he told he is approving our application and he said today is his birthday and he is in good mood, we went out by 9:00AM.
Finaly, the journey ended happly after few years.

I would like thank each individual for their valuable suggestions..
I will log-on to this site atleast once in day.

Also, he did not asked medical or marriage certificate or any other stuff

Thanks again..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status check at local office thro Infopass....

Hi All,
Greetings...
I am posting this for a friend.
His case got transferred to Washington in Aug-2004. He wasn't sure what to do to verify his current status. I suggested that he setup an infopass appointment to visit the local office.....
He went to the local office yesterday to check his status and was told that he should get his interview letter in 30 to 60 days.
He was also told that his Namecheck is completed and looks fine.

He is concerned if this is a standard response or if he could rely on this information update.

Would it help if he approached the Senator's office?

Thanks a lot for your time and inputs,
V!

Congrats save_intvu.
save_intvu said:
passports,eads,i-94, he did not even check the papers and he completed his paper work, and he told he is approving our application and he said today is his Thanks again..

gc4us said:
Hi All,
Greetings...
I am posting this for a friend.
His case got transferred to Washington in Aug-2004. He wasn't sure what to do to verify his current status. I suggested that he setup an infopass appointment to visit the local office.....
He went to the local office yesterday to check his status and was told that he should get his interview letter in 30 to 60 days.
He was also told that his Namecheck is completed and looks fine.

He is concerned if this is a standard response or if he could rely on this information update.

Would it help if he approached the Senator's office?

Thanks a lot for your time and inputs,
V!

If he has already been to the local office to ask the status, then he can wait for another two weeks and see. Currently the local office is sending out interview letters for cases prior to June 2004( a guess). Your friend should get his interview letter soon. The DC office has really picked up speed on sending interview letters. Wait and watch, thats what I would advice him to do.

save_intvu said:
I have not received my Interview letter(it was missed in mail due to address change), my wife has received the interview letter by address change option from old address, my attorney has also not received letter for both.
here is my exp.,
we went inside at 7:50AM the officer "A" came out after 15min. , called with my wife name and i have explained about missing interview letter.
he told me he has two files with him, took us inside,He took finger print then oth, asked couple of quetions and took tax returns and employer letter and passports,eads,i-94, he did not even check the papers and he completed his paper work, and he told he is approving our application and he said today is his birthday and he is in good mood, we went out by 9:00AM.
Finaly, the journey ended happly after few years.

I would like thank each individual for their valuable suggestions..
I will log-on to this site atleast once in day.

Also, he did not asked medical or marriage certificate or any other stuff

Thanks again..

Wow. Thats great. Enjoy your freedom. In my case we told the officer the same story that interview letter for my wife was not received. A senior officer came in and adviced that the officer is not prepped with handling your wife's case as the file wasn't kept ready before the interview process. But they will try to schedule her soon and get me going. Thats how I got approved and my wife is still waiting. Looks like in your case they mailed the interview letter, thats how they had both the files ready when you walked in.

Good to know your pleasant experience at the local office. By the way, was the officer tall and had wheatish skin and an African American?

H1Blayoff said:
If he has already been to the local office to ask the status, then he can wait for another two weeks and see. Currently the local office is sending out interview letters for cases prior to June 2004( a guess). Your friend should get his interview letter soon. The DC office has really picked up speed on sending interview letters. Wait and watch, thats what I would advice him to do.

Thanks a lot H1BLayOff,
Appreciate your time and response. I will pass on the message to him. Hope it all works out well for every one waiting...
[Including yours truly :) Interview on Apr-06 at Baltimore....]

Hi Save_intvu Congratulations!!! for you and your wife both got approved and stamped.

Hi H1BLayoff Congratulations!!! for you got approved. I hope your wife will get the interview letter soon.

My wife got interview letter within 2 months time after we rescheduled her interview. We are going for her interview on 16th March.

Hi Ironklad Congratulations for you and your family members too.

After being interviewed and stamped, did anyone see a change in the status message on the USCIS site. I checked mine and saw the same old stale message saying " We transferred your case on..blah blah blah..."

Any inputs would be appreciated.

half success on our interviewhttp://boards.immigrationportal.com/newreply.php?do=newr

My wife and I went for interview today and met the "young African lady officer." The procedure was pretty the same as other cases. Finger printing, oath, questions on what work, when last entered USA (I didn't remeber the year, so she had to correct that later), commited crimes, etc. She checked all documents very carefully. Then she found that my wife's medical exam document says she didn't get vacinated since she was pregnent at that time. So, she approved my case only. My wife needs to submit a new medical exam in one month. Then, they will send approval letter. So, our waiting time is extended a little more and needs extra money to be donated to doctors who already make big money. At least, I didn't need to waste money for my medical exam due to advice from my attorney and guys here.

Thanks to all those who share information which made me less anxious in the long waiting journey. (If you are one of those who just read other's information but never share yours (minimally, your RD, TD, etc), please come forward and help others, too.) Without your kind sharing your information, it could be more stressful.

I heard that the officer that I met works Mon. - Thr. only for interviewing every 30 min. and do some other work on Friday. I don't know how many officers are doing interviews, but actually so many interviews are being done every week.

What I did for checking the status were: asking CIS through liaison (through attorney) and Senator George Allen (Emily).

My case status on web has never been updated as of today after it says it was transferred on blar blar.

Best wishes to those who are waiting for interview letters and have a best hope since it seems that it is getting better (my attorney said so).

---
RD: 8/02
TD: 1/04
FP (2nd): 2/24/05
ID: 3/9/05
AD for me: 3/9/05
AD for my wife: ??

Thanks to all for wishes..
H1B..,I think so, I beleive orion cookie(I am not sure whether i spealled it right or wrong.

And wish you all the best...

H1Blayoff said:
Wow. Thats great. Enjoy your freedom. In my case we told the officer the same story that interview letter for my wife was not received. A senior officer came in and adviced that the officer is not prepped with handling your wife's case as the file wasn't kept ready before the interview process. But they will try to schedule her soon and get me going. Thats how I got approved and my wife is still waiting. Looks like in your case they mailed the interview letter, thats how they had both the files ready when you walked in.

Good to know your pleasant experience at the local office. By the way, was the officer tall and had wheatish skin and an African American?

Got approval today

My interview was scheduel for 9:45am. Got into the interview room at about 9:30 and my attorney showed up around 9:45. My company is paying for the attorney. We were called in around 10:45, a nice middle age African American male.

Took fingerprints, collected the documents and filed the copies, asked the usual questions. It was very slow and it took more than half an hour for this and finally said I am approving yoru application. Got it stamped.

I asked about my wife's case and gave him the letter to request to postpone her interview as she is in India now. He said he doesn't have hre case today and does not have access to scheduling. My attorney is probably taking this up as they can make some money that way.

Anyway I am happy now and waiting for my wife's interview letter.

RD 04/03
TD 05/10/04
AD 03/09/05

Thank all of you for your support and for the valuable information I received from this forum.