Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

ironklad said:
Not yet. Will post when I get em. Any updates in ur wife's case ?

Not yet. Waiting eagerly to see the interview letter from USCIS. In the meantime I am following up with the congressional office to see if it can be expedited.

By the way, Wonderfulboy's wife had an interview scheduled for today. Haven't heard anything yet.

I-181 Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Residence

Yesterday I recd I-181 in mail. Basically it says that I shd receive the card in abt 3 weeks. Interesting thing is that the receipt date on the form is Feb 23, 2005 and the notice date is March 10, 2005. I was interviewed on March 2, 2005, so how is the receipt date Feb 23 for I-181? Apparently they had already decided my case on Feb 23 even before the intvw. Any thoughts?

ironklad said:
Yesterday I recd I-181 in mail. Basically it says that I shd receive the card in abt 3 weeks. Interesting thing is that the receipt date on the form is Feb 23, 2005 and the notice date is March 10, 2005. I was interviewed on March 2, 2005, so how is the receipt date Feb 23 for I-181? Apparently they had already decided my case on Feb 23 even before the intvw. Any thoughts?

Thats good news. When did you receive your interview letter? Was it Feb 23? Did you check your status online and see any changes in the message? Let me know if you saw any changes.

Wife's interview

Hi Wonderfulboy,

What documents did they ask for your wife's interview? Did you have to go with her to the interview room?

I am still waiting for my wife's interview. I got mine stamped last week and I am planning to take a new similar job next month. I know there is a risk involved in changing job at this time. So I'm wondering how this will impact my wife's interview.

Thanks

I received my invw letter on Feb 16, 2005. There has been no change in my status online.
H1Blayoff said:
Thats good news. When did you receive your interview letter? Was it Feb 23? Did you check your status online and see any changes in the message? Let me know if you saw any changes.

january2002 said:
Hi Wonderfulboy,

What documents did they ask for your wife's interview? Did you have to go with her to the interview room?

I am still waiting for my wife's interview. I got mine stamped last week and I am planning to take a new similar job next month. I know there is a risk involved in changing job at this time. So I'm wondering how this will impact my wife's interview.

Thanks

Looks like you're in the same boat as me. Even my wife didn't get an interview letter yet. I am waiting eagerly so that the GC process can be said to be DONE.

Did you happen to contact Congressmen's office to seek help on your wife's case. I did so and em waiting to get an update.

I will keep posting updates as and when I get them.

Wife interview letter

Even my wife is also didn't get interview letter but I want to DC Office yesterday morning and I asked officer why she did not get it interview letter whereas me and my daughter got interview letters. He went to other floor and came back after half hour with my wife file and again he went some where came back after one hour with my wife interview letter .So my wife is also got same interview schedule like me and my daughter with same officer 'C'

mkris99 said:
Even my wife is also didn't get interview letter but I want to DC Office yesterday morning and I asked officer why she did not get it interview letter whereas me and my daughter got interview letters. He went to other floor and came back after half hour with my wife file and again he went some where came back after one hour with my wife interview letter .So my wife is also got same interview schedule like me and my daughter with same officer 'C'

Its good to know that your wife is also on the same schedule. Else it would have been very difficult to to schedule an interview for your wife. I should have done that when I received my interview letter but now I am stuck.

ironklad said:
I received the cards for me and my family yesterday.

Congratulations on receiving the Green Cards. Wasn't that quick. Atleast you didn't have to wait for it like you did for the interview ...just kidding.

Enjoy and have fun.

INS doctor in Herndon

Wonderfulboy,

I have GC interview on 04/04/05 with officer 'C' ,now I am gathering documents as per your checklist .In your earlier post you mentioned that there is a INS doctor in Herndon, VA office if we show them the previous report they will charge only $120.Can you give me Doctors address/phone number because I am living in Herndon and I have my old medicals.I know people experience in this immigration forum but I do not want to give any risk or give chance to Immigration officer.

Thanks

I have a suggestion,Please don't go that herndon srilankan lady doctor.
Many of my friends (including me) went there, she makes lot of Unnecessary
tests and shots
Actually , Loacl office ppl are not aking for medical reports, they asked us on our interview letter but i did not take with me.
or you can say you just gave them the test and waiting for resultsas mentioned interview letter, they don't delay stamping for medical they mentioned on the interview letter,even you can go for medical after stmping if you think its worth.

Thanks..Just a thought..

mkris99 said:
Wonderfulboy,

I have GC interview on 04/04/05 with officer 'C' ,now I am gathering documents as per your checklist .In your earlier post you mentioned that there is a INS doctor in Herndon, VA office if we show them the previous report they will charge only $120.Can you give me Doctors address/phone number because I am living in Herndon and I have my old medicals.I know people experience in this immigration forum but I do not want to give any risk or give chance to Immigration officer.

Thanks

IronKlad, congrats on getting the cards for yourself and your family.

I got interviewed and stamped on March 1st. One day before you, still havent received anything from INS. I'm curious as to which category your case was filed under and has your online case status changed ?

Congrats Again!

Green Card Received!!!

Well, it is to my greatest pleasure to announce that I have finally joined the Green Card club. I decided to wait till I receive my actual Green Card before posting. Below are the details of the events that occured in the past couple of months.

Late January, I got a call from my lawyer telling me that I have an interview scheduled on Feb. 17, 2005. Along with the notice was a third fingerprint notice I had to complete before the interview.

Feb. 11, 2005 - third fingerprint at Application Service Center in Alexandria.

Feb. 17, 2005 at 9:30pm - I was summoned by officer B (an attractive young lady). My lawyer accompanied me. The interview process was swift. She asked me a few questions but spent most of the time flipping through my file. 10 minutes later, the officer provided me with an approval letter. I did not get my passport stamped b/c it was expired.

I brought the following to the interview:

- new employment letter
- third fingerprint receipt
- tax return from 2000 to 2004
- bank statement
- my expired passport and I-94
- 5 years worth of paystubs and copies of stubs from the most recent 2 months, the officier only took copies of the recent two pay periods.
- my lawyer brought with him all my records such as I-20s, copy of my household registration, and lots of other documents.

March 14, 2005 - received the perm. residence welcome letter from BCIS.

March 14, 2005 - received my actual Green Card.

I began the process of becoming a perma. resident back in 2000. 5 years later, I was finally able to close this chapter in my life and begin a new one. Everyone here on this forum has been so supportive and helped me get through this long and frustrating journey. Thank you all very much. I wish those of you the best of luck in completing this process. It may be very frustrating at times. But the feeling you get when you receive your card is abolutely priceless.

Dardenkoa said:
Well, it is to my greatest pleasure to announce that I have finally joined the Green Card club. I decided to wait till I receive my actual Green Card before posting. Below are the details of the events that occured in the past couple of months.

Late January, I got a call from my lawyer telling me that I have an interview scheduled on Feb. 17, 2005. Along with the notice was a third fingerprint notice I had to complete before the interview.

Feb. 11, 2005 - third fingerprint at Application Service Center in Alexandria.

Feb. 17, 2005 at 9:30pm - I was summoned by officer B (an attractive young lady). My lawyer accompanied me. The interview process was swift. She asked me a few questions but spent most of the time flipping through my file. 10 minutes later, the officer provided me with an approval letter. I did not get my passport stamped b/c it was expired.

I brought the following to the interview:

- new employment letter
- third fingerprint receipt
- tax return from 2000 to 2004
- bank statement
- my expired passport and I-94
- 5 years worth of paystubs and copies of stubs from the most recent 2 months, the officier only took copies of the recent two pay periods.
- my lawyer brought with him all my records such as I-20s, copy of my household registration, and lots of other documents.

March 14, 2005 - received the perm. residence welcome letter from BCIS.

March 14, 2005 - received my actual Green Card.

I began the process of becoming a perma. resident back in 2000. 5 years later, I was finally able to close this chapter in my life and begin a new one. Everyone here on this forum has been so supportive and helped me get through this long and frustrating journey. Thank you all very much. I wish those of you the best of luck in completing this process. It may be very frustrating at times. But the feeling you get when you receive your card is abolutely priceless.

Dardenkoa,

Good to see you back. I understand its been a long and hard time for you. Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

H1Blayoff said:
Dardenkoa,

Good to see you back. I understand its been a long and hard time for you. Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

Thank you H1Blayoff. Congrats to you as well. What a relief huh?

March1st,

My case is EB2 and and there has been no change in the online status.

Congrats Dardenkoa.

March1st said:
IronKlad, congrats on getting the cards for yourself and your family.

I got interviewed and stamped on March 1st. One day before you, still havent received anything from INS. I'm curious as to which category your case was filed under and has your online case status changed ?

Congrats Again!