Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Officer designation

My attorney told me that the actual person for Officer A, B, ... changes everyday. If that is true (probably so), then, the old experience for a particular officer has no correlation with the future experience with that officer.

I also read a post that showed very different experiences for a particular officer and that's probably the reason.

Redoing medicals

quick_and_fast said:
My attorney told me that the actual person for Officer A, B, ... changes everyday. If that is true (probably so), then, the old experience for a particular officer has no correlation with the future experience with that officer.

I also read a post that showed very different experiences for a particular officer and that's probably the reason.

Are you planning to redo your medicals?

Wishing all the best for interview

Wishing ironklad & Perico all the BEST for their interviews on March 2,2005. Hopefully everything should go fine including security/Name checks.

Waiting to hear from you guys about your experience. Please post whenever you get a chance.

CONGRATS!!!! Wonderfulboy...
I am kinda late.... But very glad to hear about your approval...
Perseverance, Persistence, Promptness.
Tenacity......

Enjoy the freedom and do "Share" your knowledge with the needy..

Cheers!!
V!

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

Its very happy for me to hear the news that my GC has been approved on 9th February 2005. I got a call just a while ago from Rajiv Khanna's office (being my lawyer for GC) and also i did received the fax copy which their office received from Immigration Office today.

The Letter stated as follows

"Dear Sir:

Your application for lawful permanent resident status has been approved. Your alien registration card will arrive by mail within the next twelve months.

Please do not travel outside the United States without first receiving a passport endorsement from United Status Citizenship and Immigration Services. In order to receive this endorsement, you must make an INFOPASS appointment via the Internet at www.infopass.uscis.gov; under the section for the type of appointment, please select the one for an approval letter. On the day of your appointment, please bring with you this letter, a copy of your INFOPASS Appointment letter, your valid passport, and one other form of identification.

Sincerely,
Phyllis A. Howard
District Director Services.

Its a long journey i had. I got great support from the members of this forum in every stage of the process. This forum is a knowledgable resource.

Special thanks for you all being so patient to all my quesstions, clarifications and queries.

Thanks a googolplex. It means a lot to me. Will post the details ASAP.
H1Blayoff said:
Wishing ironklad & Perico all the BEST for their interviews on March 2,2005. Hopefully everything should go fine including security/Name checks.

Waiting to hear from you guys about your experience. Please post whenever you get a chance.

H1Blayoff said:

thank you.....will defenetely post all details about interview.............and thank you again.................. :)

hey IRONKLAD at what time is your interview?.....mine is at 9.30 am?? I guess well see each other there. good luck ............all the best. :)

Putting together documents for the interview

Perico & Ironklad,

How did you guys put up the documentation? I am trying to put everything in a file but the file is getting bigger and bigger in size. Hopefully i should be able to pull a document when the office demands for it.

Please share your views.

-Thanks

Interview Letter

When I received the interview letter it just had my name on it. Same for the finger print notice. But the interview letter also has the line "Your spouse and evidence of a common residence and shared life".

Does my wife receive a separate letter for interview? Or is it just one for the family? Can someone who got interview letter share this with me?

h1blayoff:

I talked with my attorney and she told me that even though the memo of "medical exam valid until pending" has been expried, they didn't have any problem with the initial medical exam this year. So, I don't plan to take medical exam again. Also, the letter says "appear even if not completed," so I don't think I want to spend $100 for the duplicated thing.

January2002:

In my case, I got separate interview letters for me and my wife. I don't know about children since I didn't apply for my children, but for couples, they come separately.

Mine is at 1:00 PM. I am sure u wld already be partying by then. Good Luck for the interview.
Perico said:
hey IRONKLAD at what time is your interview?.....mine is at 9.30 am?? I guess well see each other there. good luck ............all the best. :)

I did not want to punch the papers so I had got "1" Clamp Binders" from staple. And then I put index flags for the different sections like Tax Returns, I-94 etc. etc. The file looks pretty organized and neat to me. I plan to just hand over the file to the officer and (s)he can go thru the diff sections. Let me know if you have a better idea.
H1Blayoff said:
Perico & Ironklad,

How did you guys put up the documentation? I am trying to put everything in a file but the file is getting bigger and bigger in size. Hopefully i should be able to pull a document when the office demands for it.

Please share your views.

-Thanks

quick_and_fast said:
h1blayoff:

I talked with my attorney and she told me that even though the memo of "medical exam valid until pending" has been expried, they didn't have any problem with the initial medical exam this year. So, I don't plan to take medical exam again. Also, the letter says "appear even if not completed," so I don't think I want to spend $100 for the duplicated thing.

The memo mentioned a clause that the extension of medical exams validity only applies to concurrently filed 140 & 485 cases. My case doesn't fit in that clause so got my medical done today. Another couple of $100 spilled over this stupid processs.

january2002 said:
When I received the interview letter it just had my name on it. Same for the finger print notice. But the interview letter also has the line "Your spouse and evidence of a common residence and shared life".

Does my wife receive a separate letter for interview? Or is it just one for the family? Can someone who got interview letter share this with me?

Same happened in my case. My wife hasn't received any interview letter. My interview does have "Your spouse and evidence of a common residence and shared life" in the required list of documents.

Hope they don't conside wife as a required document...ha ha ha ha..

My lawyer says that in any case you take your wife. You never know these fools and thier ways of operation.

ironklad said:
I did not want to punch the papers so I had got "1" Clamp Binders" from staple. And then I put index flags for the different sections like Tax Returns, I-94 etc. etc. The file looks pretty organized and neat to me. I plan to just hand over the file to the officer and (s)he can go thru the diff sections. Let me know if you have a better idea.

Your technique sounds pretty good to me. Actually speaking, I am going to adapt it to arrange my file.

H1Blayoff said:
The memo mentioned a clause that the extension of medical exams validity only applies to concurrently filed 140 & 485 cases. My case doesn't fit in that clause so got my medical done today. Another couple of $100 spilled over this stupid processs.

My case is not concurrent case, either. Let's see if my gambling will work....

Expired medicals

quick_and_fast said:
My case is not concurrent case, either. Let's see if my gambling will work....

Did your attorney advice you that going to the interview with expired medical is OK?

Hi Friends,

I want to notify you all that my wife did received interview letter from INS yesterday i.e. 1st March. The interview date is on 16th March 2005 at 8:45AM.

I am thinking of not to do medicals for her. In my interview they didn't even ask for the medicals at all. What ever money i did spent on medicals during my interview is waste.

Ironklad and perico update the status of your interviews in the forum.

Thanks for some people thanked me to get GC approval. :D

Congrats wonderfulboy for interview letter.

For your EAD, AP which is transferred to local office, did you had interviews by going to local office or was it mailed to you.

Pls update.

Regards,