Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

mkris99 said:
Thank you for your response.I never lived in Atalanta but my company is in Atalanta based .Since my files are VSC how it is usefull If goto Atlanta.Do you think is it help me in anyway

Mkris, so my guess was right... your company is in Atlanta.Somewhere in your papers, some dumbass officer must have seen Atlanta and has incorrectly xfer your case to Atlanta.
Now since you have already tried DC local office, I am suggesting going physically to Atlanta office. You could take an infopass and if you live in East coast then possibly drive down to Atlanta.
One person who could advice you more is Poongunrannar whose case has been unfortunately stuck at Atlanta D.O. for more than 1 yr now. from his experience
it seems Atlanta D.O. is the worst.

Interview letter for spouse

I haven't yet received any interview letter for my wife. If I don't get it before the interview date, should I ask her to accompany me and explain the situation to the officer? Will the officer interview my wife without the interview letter?

Any info would be appreciated.

I just sent only one letter for me and my wife. Just change to choose your need :

To
David M.Hardy, Chief
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C 20535

Sub: Name check status

Dear Mr. Hardy,

I am the principal applicant for Adjustment Of Status / Permanent Residency (I-485) application pending with the local USCIS office in Bloomington, MN. The officer at the USCIS office informed me that my case is waiting for the result of security name check that was requested by them.
To help identifying information, I am herewith providing the following information of my wife and mine:

Full Name Date of Birth A-Number I-485 ReceiptNumber Country of Origin
Your name
Wife name

Contact Information:

Address:
Telephone:
Cell phone:
Email:

I appreciate if you could you provide me the status of Name check process. Please do contact me through any of the above communication media if you have any questions or need more information. Thanks in advance for you help on this.

Sincerely yours,

Your name

vish_mitra01 said:
Hello CJ,
I am a new entrant to this site. This is my first post. I have spent entire day today reading this particular thread, it is so informative, Thanks to folks like you, WonderfulBoy, Perico, Ironklad, Peaceinspirit etc. My case is transferred to local office in Washington.D.C in November 2004. I did not know earlier there would be a name check process. I have wasted 3 months. Now I know, I want to send a letter to David Hardy's office. My questions to you is: Did you send two separate letters for you and your wife? Also can you send me a copy of a mock letter you sent to FBI?

Thanks much
Vish

H1Blayoff said:
Guys,
My interview letter doesn't have any enclosure for fingerprinting. Does that mean I don't need to do fingerprinting. By the way, I did my fingerprinting back in Feb 2004.

Any information would be appreciated.

finger prints are good for 15 months........

letter to David Hardy

Thank You CJ for your prompt reply. It does not harm if I send the letter eventhough my interview is not scheduled, Rite?

Thanks
Vish

Hi Vish,

Not a problem to submit before your interview is scheduled.

Yeh guys today morning i went to Fairfax office and got my passport. Now i am just waiting for Card to arrive in mail.

People who got their stamping done can give their feebacks like how much did it took for them to get their GC card?

Finally - Received Interview Letter

I finally received my interview letter. The interview is on march 9th with officer A. Any experience with officer A?

There is a Medical Exam Results, Forma I693 in the list of documents. Do I need to take another exam or just need the copy of the original exam? I also need to take another fingerprint.

My wife is in India now and won't be back until May 2nd. I guess wonderfulboy was in the same situation. Can you tell me what should be the content of the letter asking to postpone her interview ? I am talking to my lawyer anyway.

Thanks

****help****

Hi Friends,
This is something urgent.. I have app. For Monday morning to apply AP

Thanks to all for your help…

What should I have to fill for item # 7(I-131) on AP applying form.

Item # 7 : “Please explain, how you qualify for AP and what circumstances warrant issuance of AP”.

Thanks again for your input

save_intvu said:
Hi Friends,
This is something urgent.. I have app. For Monday morning to apply AP

Thanks to all for your help…

What should I have to fill for item # 7(I-131) on AP applying form.

Item # 7 : “Please explain, how you qualify for AP and what circumstances warrant issuance of AP”.

Thanks again for your input

Attach a letter saying the following:

Dear Sir,

Re: Reason for Application of Advance Parole

My application to adjust status to permanent resident (EAC-XX-XXX) is pending approval at this office. Meanwhile, I have to undertake travel to <country name> for family re-union during the month of <month>,<year>

Looking forward to approval of my application.

Yours truly,

<name>

january2002 said:
I finally received my interview letter. The interview is on march 9th with officer A. Any experience with officer A?

There is a Medical Exam Results, Forma I693 in the list of documents. Do I need to take another exam or just need the copy of the original exam? I also need to take another fingerprint.

My wife is in India now and won't be back until May 2nd. I guess wonderfulboy was in the same situation. Can you tell me what should be the content of the letter asking to postpone her interview ? I am talking to my lawyer anyway.

Thanks

Could you share details of your case like Transfer Date etc with everyone.

-Thanks

Got interview letter

I also finally got the interview letter on Feb. 23. The letter was sent on Feb. 22. The letter says the receipt date is Feb. 17th. I don't know the meaning of the receipt date, but I don't care anyway.

I took my finger printing on Feb. 24th. It was not pleasing experience, though. Since I didn't have a specific time for fingerprinting (my letter just says take is between Feb. 22 - Feb. 26), I waited in a short line (there are two lines; one if for specific time apppointment, the other for people like me; I didn't know the difference at first, so, I wasted some time, too.), but they didn't take people from the short line for hours. Anyway with several hours of waiting, I finished the fingerprinting.

I talked with my attorney and she told me that I don't need to take medical exam again even though it was requested in interview letter since the first one is valid as far as application is pending.

It is good that the information got through Emily is pretty accurate. Good luck to those who are waiting.

quick_and_fast said:
I also finally got the interview letter on Feb. 23. The letter was sent on Feb. 22. The letter says the receipt date is Feb. 17th. I don't know the meaning of the receipt date, but I don't care anyway.

I took my finger printing on Feb. 24th. It was not pleasing experience, though. Since I didn't have a specific time for fingerprinting (my letter just says take is between Feb. 22 - Feb. 26), I waited in a short line (there are two lines; one if for specific time apppointment, the other for people like me; I didn't know the difference at first, so, I wasted some time, too.), but they didn't take people from the short line for hours. Anyway with several hours of waiting, I finished the fingerprinting.

I talked with my attorney and she told me that I don't need to take medical exam again even though it was requested in interview letter since the first one is valid as far as application is pending.

It is good that the information got through Emily is pretty accurate. Good luck to those who are waiting.

Congratulations quick_and_fast on receiving the interview letter. Even my lawyer said the same about medicals. He is going to provide me a letter based on USCIS memo on "Medicals being valid till the case is pending".

quick_and_fast said:
Quick addition of my information

RD: 8/02
TD: 1/04
FP (2nd): 2/24/05
ID: 3/9/05 (Officer B)

Category: EB1

You're lucky. Got interview letter within two months of transfer date. Looks like DC office has started taking employment based cases seriously.

quick_and_fast said:

My lawyer received the fingerprinting notice and I didn't get it. Today he calls me and faxes me the letter and asks me to go on Wednesday. There is no date or time on the letter. Is it OK if I go tomorrow (being a Saturday) or should I be going only on Wednesday?

H1Blayoff said:
Congratulations quick_and_fast on receiving the interview letter. Even my lawyer said the same about medicals. He is going to provide me a letter based on USCIS memo on "Medicals being valid till the case is pending".

I print this letter from web, but it says "Effective until January 1, 2005".
Could you double check. Many Thanks

TD: 6/2004
ID: 3/9/2005

h1blayoff:

Thanks for the congratulations.

First, well, it took 14 months between TD and ID, not 2 months...

I am not sure about your case. In my letter for fingerprinting, it indicates one week period without any specific date or time. So, if yours indicates such a period, you may go Saturday if this Saturday is in the indicated period. My letter also says if you cannot take fingerprinting during the given period, you may go on following Wednessdays.

If your letter doesn't indicate any period, well, I have no idea. In case you choose to go, go to the receptionist and ask her about your case. She will tell you which line (most likely a short line close to the building). If your case cannot be fingerprinted on that day, I think she will ask you come back later so that you don't need to waste your time in line.

Thanks a lot H1Blayoff...

H1Blayoff said:
Attach a letter saying the following:

Dear Sir,

Re: Reason for Application of Advance Parole

My application to adjust status to permanent resident (EAC-XX-XXX) is pending approval at this office. Meanwhile, I have to undertake travel to <country name> for family re-union during the month of <month>,<year>

Looking forward to approval of my application.

Yours truly,

<name>

Last edited by a moderator: