Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

H1BLayoff,

Thanks for your effort. Mine case has been transferred to local office on 23rd September 2004. Waiting for interview letter. How about yours?

So by looking at the tracker none of the people whose cases are transferred in 2004 are approved. So does it mean the local office processing dates for 485 (September 30th 2003) applies for us too?

I heard some of the national customer service center representatives saying that those dates are valid only for cases filed in local office. Look like its valid for transferred cases too.

By looking at the history of people i think its taking any where around 6-10 months to get the interview letter.

Corrected mine one in the attached file. I am not sure some one got interviewed on 10/20/04 and his TD date was in June (not very sure).

Thanks

I am new to this site

Dear friends,

I just heard about this great site from a friend.
Please let me explain about my case.

My I-485 just transferred(10/28/04) to Local INS (DC).
I am just scraed with this INS action.
Please suggest me what best way.

I have applied GC as a future employee for X company on somebody's approved labor and I am working for Y company on H1B1/EAD, and I am completeing My H1B1 on 10/31/04(6 year quota), I have not applied for ext. because I have EAD until Jan'05 and i just applied for EAD renewal(this might have trigged them to tranfer to local INS).

Friends,Please let me know what kind papers I have take with me(general) and when should I expect (apporx.time) my interview.(your good guess could help in saving some bucks to me)
Do I have work for Y or i can continue with X.
I respect all your valuable comments.

1-140/I-485/I-765 RD:05/19/03,ND 07/09/03
I-140 AD:10/30/03 (after 2 Rfes)
I-765 AD:01/25/04(after 2 rfes)
I-485 TD:10/28/04.

Thanks a lot,

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderfulboy Could you please share the email address of that lady from senator Allen's office. I am also in touch with Senator Allen's office about my case but I don't have her email address. I only have the phone number and the fax number. I believe her name is Emily Evans.

Could you please, any of you offer some help to me...thanks

save_intvu said:
Dear friends,

I just heard about this great site from a friend.
Please let me explain about my case.

My I-485 just transferred(10/28/04) to Local INS (DC).
I am just scraed with this INS action.
Please suggest me what best way.

I have applied GC as a future employee for X company on somebody's approved labor and I am working for Y company on H1B1/EAD, and I am completeing My H1B1 on 10/31/04(6 year quota), I have not applied for ext. because I have EAD until Jan'05 and i just applied for EAD renewal(this might have trigged them to tranfer to local INS).

Friends,Please let me know what kind papers I have take with me(general) and when should I expect (apporx.time) my interview.(your good guess could help in saving some bucks to me)
Do I have work for Y or i can continue with X.
I respect all your valuable comments.

1-140/I-485/I-765 RD:05/19/03,ND 07/09/03
I-140 AD:10/30/03 (after 2 Rfes)
I-765 AD:01/25/04(after 2 rfes)
I-485 TD:10/28/04.

Thanks a lot,

The interview scheduling will take atleast 6+ months in your case. So if you have opportunity to work with sponsoring employer readily available i would start asking you to work with them. That way you are working history with them and u can say prefering AC21 in the interview.

The other way round is you to work with employer Y and then afterwards obtaining GC (after successful interview) work with sponsoring employer for reasonable period of time (May be 6 months) and then moving to any opportunity or continue with them.

Wonderfulboy, could you please take couple of min.to clarify my below doubts..thanks

Thanks Wonderfulboy,that gave me some confidence..

So you mean to say on second option, I no need to work for my GC sponsored employer until my GC get approved because of Future employee clause.I can continue with my present employer on EAD.

Also VSC received my EAD renewal application 10/27/04(through express mail) and they sent i-485 to local INS on 10/28/04.
Does this I485 move will effect anything in getting 2nd EAD.

Thanks a lot for your time and valuable suggestions and comments.

Interviewed & Stamped

Hi All,

I had the interview yesterday. It was Officer "B" a very nice lady sits in 1st floor.
The Detail of interview is as follows:-
------------------------------------

We went to 3rd floor (as written in interview letter ) at 1.30 with our attorney. Droped the letter and a person came out in 2 minutes and told us that we need to go to 1st floor for interview (in the room where you go for EADs)
As soon as we came dowm , a lady took our interview notices and called us in her room within 15 mins. She got our single fingerprint on some "Green Card info form" and asked us about mothers and fathers names which she wrote in that form.
Asked us if our address has changed , which it had , so we said yes. She asked for Licence , but our licence also had old address . Fortunately I had changed the address in DMV online and had reciepts of change of address, She took those , manually changed the address in the forms (the 485 application form which we had filed in 2002) .
She verified each detail like name, age etc from us (whatever was there in 485 application).Asked whether I was working for the same employer , I said no and gave her employment letter from new employer. She verified that the job offered inthe letter and the position offered are the same as in 485 application. She was satisfied.
She asked copies of payslips, medical and tax return for last year(2003).
She said everything is fine, she already did name check before we came & fingerprints were current , so everything is complete and said if you wait for some time, she will get the number (i dont know what was that) and stamp the passports.

-----------------------------

So there's it freinds , this forum really have helped me prepare , I am greatfull to all you people who provided valueable info.
--
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE COPIES OF ALL DOCS, if going with spouse ONE FOR HER/HIS FILE TOO

BTW, an interseting thing also happened as we were talking to the officer (not related to my case)
Our prudent attorney saw an opportunity to get more info on transfers and interviews and name checks from the office since she was really very nnice and friendly .

He asked her about name checks , that - why in most cases it takes so long. She said if FBI finds a match it takes long to verify & and check , they cant do anything about that , BUT its the officer who requests the name check so if a officer has your case he/she might request the name check before you come for interview (which was in our case) or maybe after etc .All depends .
Also she said almost 95 % of the cases transfered to Arlington office are straight forward cases and they dont know why a case is transfered.

----

Many many heartiest congratulations gtahiliani and thanks for sharing your views with us. Good luck for ....please be in touch.

Thanks again

hi gtahiliani,

Heartly congratulations for completing this tough process after waiting for about 1 year just for interview schedule. Good to hear that your name check is initiated by the officer before the interview so that won't be any more delays. Luck guy.

Thanks Wonderfulboy, that gave me some confidence..

So you mean to say on second option, I no need to work for my GC sponsored employer until my GC get approved because of Future employee clause.I can continue with my present employer on EAD.

Also VSC received my EAD renewal application 10/27/04(through express mail) and they sent i-485 to local INS on 10/28/04.
Does this I485 move will effect anything in getting 2nd EAD.

Thanks a lot for your time and valuable suggestions and comments.

Congrats gtahiliani.
Thanks for the information abt your interview and about the conversation your attorney had with the officer.
Best wishes.

congratulation gathiliani !!

Glad to hear that your Pasport was stamped without any problem . i am also hoping my name check are cleard soon . u are a free man and enjoy ur liberty , with u the best of luck .

u deserve it man, after all u have waited over a year for some stupid interview which u can see arent really necessary . its just a formality , i wish my officer had some IQ and had called name checks , would had save lot of mental agony.

keep in touch

gtahiliani said:
Hi All,

I had the interview yesterday. It was Officer "B" a very nice lady sits in 1st floor.
The Detail of interview is as follows:-
------------------------------------

We went to 3rd floor (as written in interview letter ) at 1.30 with our attorney. Droped the letter and a person came out in 2 minutes and told us that we need to go to 1st floor for interview (in the room where you go for EADs)
As soon as we came dowm , a lady took our interview notices and called us in her room within 15 mins. She got our single fingerprint on some "Green Card info form" and asked us about mothers and fathers names which she wrote in that form.
Asked us if our address has changed , which it had , so we said yes. She asked for Licence , but our licence also had old address . Fortunately I had changed the address in DMV online and had reciepts of change of address, She took those , manually changed the address in the forms (the 485 application form which we had filed in 2002) .
She verified each detail like name, age etc from us (whatever was there in 485 application).Asked whether I was working for the same employer , I said no and gave her employment letter from new employer. She verified that the job offered inthe letter and the position offered are the same as in 485 application. She was satisfied.
She asked copies of payslips, medical and tax return for last year(2003).
She said everything is fine, she already did name check before we came & fingerprints were current , so everything is complete and said if you wait for some time, she will get the number (i dont know what was that) and stamp the passports.

-----------------------------

So there's it freinds , this forum really have helped me prepare , I am greatfull to all you people who provided valueable info.
--
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE COPIES OF ALL DOCS, if going with spouse ONE FOR HER/HIS FILE TOO

BTW, an interseting thing also happened as we were talking to the officer (not related to my case)
Our prudent attorney saw an opportunity to get more info on transfers and interviews and name checks from the office since she was really very nnice and friendly .

He asked her about name checks , that - why in most cases it takes so long. She said if FBI finds a match it takes long to verify & and check , they cant do anything about that , BUT its the officer who requests the name check so if a officer has your case he/she might request the name check before you come for interview (which was in our case) or maybe after etc .All depends .
Also she said almost 95 % of the cases transfered to Arlington office are straight forward cases and they dont know why a case is transfered.

----

Congratulations Gtahilani enjoy your freedom

Could you tell me what officer "B" looks like so may be I can ask her about my case if I see her. I am going for my ead in a couple of weeks.
thanks

ZKHAN,

Are you applying ead by yourself or from your attorney? I need to apply my 4th ead, and don't know which INS office I applied for my 3rd one and which office I have to file this time... mine is transferred case also...
Can you give me specific address if you could?
Thanks in advance...