Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

I need to make myself hard guys. For now its kind of frustrating for me to happen like this. I am unable to digest the facts that people are waiting for more than 1 year just for the interview after waiting about 2years in Service Center (only for 485 process).

Any way i have my H1 visa valid till October 2005. I wish i will get an interview before that time frame.

wonderfulboy,
I know how much you feel frustrated about this whole process, but the key is that you shouldn't try to make sense out of anything. From beginning to end, nothing is logical, systematic, or in order. Now that you visited the center and saw how things are. Your case is just picked up randomly and they decided to transfer out of no reason, and dump it in the black hole. If you think about it, this whole background check thing is clueless. It's just an excuse for them to have an extra vacation. The only thing that they're really prompt and good at is claiming the checks we send.
Give 4 or 6 month that they mention, and if you still don't get a notice, keep try bug them. I see some folks find it very helpful. Since my case has been a year, I'm going to start some action on it.
Wish you the best.

Just got the phone off Cong. Wolf's office. I was told that the move is not yet confirmed. They might move out of Arlington by November, still not confirmed. For my case (interview) she said sometime early next year, which means Arlington has not yet started thinking abt scheduling interviews.

Lets keep updating this thread as often as we can. All the best

I was told by the senator's office and Congressman Wolf's office too that Arlington office is moving to a new address. They said that would impact the scheduling of interviews.

Regarding the time frame for the interviews. My case filed in Vermont Service Center (RD 12/4/2002) has been transferred to Arlington office on September 23rd 2004. Immediately i contacted Senator George Allen's Office and Congressman Wolf's Office.

The lady from Senator Allen's office called Arlington on 27th september 2004. Arlington office told her that on september 27th the files (for me and my wife) are transferred physically to local office. It will take around 1 month time (i.e. October 27th 2004) to completely transferred to local office, in their systems and assign officer for that. So she said will contact them by end of october.

Then i took infopass appointment to clarify with immigration officer about our case status on October 15th 2004. The person who issues the token before going to the counter looked at my transfer notice and 485 notice and immediately told "Your case has been moved to local office very recently, you should get the approval soon". Then i asked them "When you say soon how soon? ". Then the person said "Its between 120 days - 6 months" without searching in computer based on A#. He also said "You are going to get the same info when you go to the counter", he typed that information in his computer".

Then when i went to the counter and asked them

1) What exactly are you guys going to verify, process in local office after receiving 2nd FP reports, background information report etc? They said no clue.

2) What are the processing time frame for our cases. She said as the front person told already it will be 4-6 months.

3) I asked them what made Vermont to transfer my case? Mine is a future employment case. Then they said no clue.

4) I told them that in my transfer notice its mentioned that the case has been moved to local office for speed processing. I have no idea whether its speed processing of that particular case (its not happening because of local transfer) or speed processing of applications in general in vermont service center?

So finally after the infopass appointment i got the info that they are taking 4-6 months. I am not sure whether they are telling this in general to every one or its specific to my case.

I hope this help guys.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Arlington acts randomly on cases. They might pick up any case and schedule an interview. No one can question them nor ask them where and why. To our satisfaction assumption would be the only ray of hope.

Its not just Arlington is like that. The whole USCIS is behaving that way. You never what their strategies are in processing the cases. Atleast its good that they are approving the cases very fast now a days.

Its very unfortunate for us to be transferred to local office. But if not people are getting approvals for lot 2003 filed cases too.

I don't know why this local transfer is such a night mare. They don't have customer service. We cannot contact them through proper source. Even if you take infopass and talk to them they don't give any information. I don't know whether they don't want to give any info even if they know it or they are very dumb not to know about it? They are not very helpful.

In Arlington office, if you talk to 3 person even at the same time you will get 3 different answers. They are not organized at all. Don't have skilled man power. They don't realize your problems. Interacting with Arlington means breaking a head into the walls. Don't expect any miracle from Arlington ...nothing will happen untill unless GOD ... and who is not with us ... concentrating on Service Center cases... Looks like Arlington office downloading our cases over the DUM network which is ....

Best of luck ...

Something more to add to the burden

The increasing CIS use of numbers is likely to require the establishment of cut off dates in one or more categories during FY 2005. Such action is expected in the Employment Third preference category as early as January.

Mine being a EB3 case, I have lost hopes on getting Green Card in this life atleast. Once they freeze up priority dates, Arlington gets an excuse saying "we want to approve your case but visa numbers are not available at this point of time. We will let you know(which means never) when your case will be approved.

Sometimes I feel these bas** should get the same treatment when they have some important application pending.

All this sucks!!

Interviewed Today

Me and my wife went today to interview at Arlington office. We went upstairs
in 3rd floor and dropped the interview letters in the slot. After 10 minutes the immigration officer who interviewed us ( Miss V.) came and took us to the waiting room downstairs. we waited for another 15 minutes then she called our name and went to her office. She is a very nice black lady ( with Caribiaan area accent)
we took oath and fingerprinted then we sat down. Our lawyer was late so she asked if we like to wait for him or not because " I only going to ask a couple of questions and its not a big deal" we had some relief when we heard that. When our lwayer came she asked my wife first (main applicant) questions from her file, been arrest before, belong to organizations, been deported and she answered no, then she start filing the documents in file and ask routine questions saw her paasport and I-94 , taxes and she said you are all done and approved. Then she opened my file and start checking my status since entry in U.S and determined that I am still in status ( I brought $1000 in case) my wife was out of status and she paid the $1000 already when we filed first time based on 245i and she then asked me about taxes my I-20, birth certificate and all other usual documents and she put in file. She said you are done except you have a name check pending and she don't know how long it takes but no more than six months!!! then she gave me a paper that I did the interview and I am just waitng for the name check. The lawyer expalined some issues and she was very nice and making nice comments during the interview to make us relax. She said they will mail me the approval letter when name check is completed then I have to take it to office for stamping.
I read somewhere here that someone sister still waiting for name check and also some people sending inquiry faxes to the FBI for name check . I was terribly worried before the interview but my wife is very happy bu I have still to wait for name check.

RD & ND:12/2002
TD: 6/2004
Interview letter: 9/15/04
AD wife:10/20/04

Could you confirm your transfer date? Is it 06/2004 or 06/2003? Also if you could give us more info like employment category etc , that would be great

Interview Scheduled on 28th Oct

Hi All,

I have got the interview letter for 28th of Oct. I will let you guys know how it went.
my case details:-

RD jan 2002
transfered to DC Aug, 2003

Also could anyone provide my the format of the Employment letter I would need to take from my company.

thanks for you help.

I will update as soon as interview is over.

My RD is Jan 2002 also, and my 3rd EAD expiring in 6 month. Should I go ahead and start my 4th EAD or should I wait for another month to see if I get my interview notice...any advice appreciated.
Also, what address should I apply my EAD for the transferred case...?

Thanks all.

Hi brightstar and gtahiliani,

Its contracdicting to me guys your transfer dates to Washington DC. Brightstar mentioned in his profile that his application got transferred to arlington office on 6/2004. But gtahilani said in his/her profile that application got transferred to arlington office on August 2003.

But i saw brightstar got the interview done before than the gtahiliani who case transferred to local office even before? Why is it so? What categories are you both in? Is it an inconsistent process by local office or is it based on the case complexity.

Based on brightstar's experience i would like to know whether the FBI name check process has been done for me and my wife before we called for an interview. Is there any way we can do that?

Also for brightstar they called for interview in 3 months time. My case got transferred on september 23rd 2004. I wish and similar thing should happen for all us who are waiting for interview letter too.

Guys please do comment on my questions

gtahilani,

Based on the information you have provided, Arlington office has taken around 13 months to schedule interview. Is yours an EB3 case? Also when did you get the interview letter in mail. Was it sometime this month?

Looks like Arlington office has started interview scheduling process. Hope good news comes down our way soon.

just now i have sent an email to FBI address in given in a thread of 485 vermont service center enquiring the FBI name check status for me and my wife. I just want to make sure we are stuck or not stuck there.

Also i called the FBI office in washington DC and they said i should an email where i have sent it to and they will respond back. She didn't tell me the exact timeframe how soon they respond back.

But in the forums i have seen that its taking for people around 3 weeks to 1 month to get the response back.

Hi wonderfulboy,

I read in the Hartford Transferred Cases thread that you contacted Mark Warner's office to seek help on your 485 case. Could you give me the contact nos and name of that lady whom you spoke to? Its been over 7 months my case has been transferred and i see no activity on my case. Want to contact Mark Warner's office and see if they are of any help.

-Thanks
H1Blayoff

Just got off the phone with my lawyer. He said that Arlington office has moved to the new location. I was surprised, how come no one on this thread knew or realised it. May be my lawyer is day-dreaming or doesn't have any clue of whats going on. Anyways, if anyone happens to come across the move news, please update this thread.

transferred to Washington Office

After I received an RFE, submitted on 1st October, I got an email from BCIS today saying that mine and all 3 family members files have been transferred to the Washington DC office for processing.

EAC # EAC022945*****

me_to_waiting,
Welcome to the thread. Please mention your I-485 details and transfer date. As you must have read through the previous threads that the wait time is random. You'll never know when interview will be scheduled. Keep updating this thread when you get some info and we all will do the same too.

All the best

To Wonderfulboy

Could you please post the phone # and email address for the FBI name check. I also want to make sure I am not going to stuck when the interview comes... Thank you. My case was transfered to NY local office June 22. No news so far...