Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

I am TSC filer from May 02, and moved from TX to Herndon, VA in Aug 03.

Now this thursday I am moving back to Houston, TX.
After I decided on the move, took a new job, resigned from the current position, couple of developments just happened

On 7th July, my wife's case got xferred to washington, dc local office.
And today, my case got approved.
I am wondering what will happen now when I file for AR-11 when I get to Texas.
Also my wife's case, what do I need to do ?
She is actually the derivative, so I am suprised why her case has been xferred.

shd I go in person at washington local office and inform of my address change in my wife's case ??
by the way, is washington local office the same as the one in arlington ?

replies will be appreciated.

For Employment based transfers its the transferred date. For all other applications it would be receipt date.

How is everyone else doing? As I had mentioned in my prev post, don't expect to see any interviews till they move to the new office. This has been confirmed by the Congressman's office after I called them two weeks back. They are not going to schedule any interviews till they move. I have stopped checking my status. Its of no use because the Arlington office is understaffed and quite slow in all these issues.

Keep praying!! All the best

Arlington Office Shifiting

Does any body know exact date of there move. I will be filiing AR11 /Change of Address so just wanted to make sure they get it and it GETS into the SYSTEM without messing it up.

Basically the Congressman's office said that they aren't sure abt the dates. They have asked me to call sometime in August and they would have some info on the move.

My colleagues whose I485 was filed in 2003 have got approved. We all are waiting like jerks in the world of nowhere praying for our interview dates. This is going to be really frustrating.

-H1BLayoff

H1Blayoff said:
Basically the Congressman's office said that they aren't sure abt the dates. They have asked me to call sometime in August and they would have some info on the move.

My colleagues whose I485 was filed in 2003 have got approved. We all are waiting like jerks in the world of nowhere praying for our interview dates. This is going to be really frustrating.

-H1BLayoff

Thanks for the helpful info about the move. yeah, it's frustrating for sure. let's hope after the move, we all get the interview letters in september. :p

Any idea that how many are we waiting for an interview at Arlington....On the site it is showing the current date is 30th June....How much time they can take to reach March,04 cases...I have already waited 27 months just for I-485...How long still....any limit....this is too much..now loosing patience....don't know what to do...can't take any decisions....

Any comments ....thanks

RD - 04/06/02,ND-04/19/02,TD-03/10/04.......FP1,Fp2,EAD1,EAD2/iEAD3 done

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent email to Congressman Jim Moran to help with Arlington office, he didn't bother to respond. I think we gonna stuck with this stupid office for the next two years or more.

I just made up a Tracker for us

Every one who is waiting and waited here, Please update this tracker

thank you.

I talked to my attorney, and she said only family based cases transferred to Missouri center. She suggested to visit Washington center to bug them to get an attention but I doubt that will help....
Anyone has similar experience?
This is really frustrating....

One has to go there in the early morning hours, stand in the queue for 2 to 3 hours, get a ticket. That possibly how you can bug them. Anyways, I don't see any achievement from bugging them. They will nodd thier heads as usual and say we can't do anything, you will have to wait till the move it over

wellwisher2002 said:
Any idea that how many are we waiting for an interview at Arlington....On the site it is showing the current date is 30th June....How much time they can take to reach March,04 cases...I have already waited 27 months just for I-485...How long still....any limit....this is too much..now loosing patience....don't know what to do...can't take any decisions....

Any comments ....thanks

RD - 04/06/02,ND-04/19/02,TD-03/10/04.......FP1,Fp2,EAD1,EAD2/iEAD3 done
Wellwisher2002,
Are you sure they process cases with TD? I was told that you have to count from th RD...

havetowait,

On the basis of this forum's info....looks like local office will go by TD date not by RD...I called couple of times Arlington office....she said right now they are processing / interviewing July 2003 cases ....so its not very clear ...that what is the criteria....its all luck...which we don't have that is why we are discussing all this bull sh....sorry I couldn't give you a very positive answer ...all the best...

thanks

wellwisher2002 said:
havetowait,

On the basis of this forum's info....looks like local office will go by TD date not by RD...I called couple of times Arlington office....she said right now they are processing / interviewing July 2003 cases ....so its not very clear ...that what is the criteria....its all luck...which we don't have that is why we are discussing all this bull sh....sorry I couldn't give you a very positive answer ...all the best...

thanks

you said you called a couple of times, you mean to say you have a phone number for the arlington office?? If you have one please do post that number here. I am tired of standing in long lines and if there is a number please post it here.
thanks

The processing dates posted in the periodical reports don't apply to us. I know one guy in this thread who's TD was Nov 2003 was interviewed couple of months back. The processing dates only apply for family based cases. The people sitting in Arlington have no clue abt what to respond when they are being asked abt processing dates.

To prove this, my Advance parole was applied on April 27,2004 and was approved in a week's time when the processing time was showing Feb 2004 for Advance parole. Doesn't this sound fishy?

Zkhan,

Here is the number and address for:

Washington District Office
4420 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: 202/307-1640

You can try your luck...mine didn't work...tried number of times..but someone picked up only once ...may be by mistake...

H1blayoff,

You mean to say they will go by RD not TD....my RD is 04/06/02...by the way...if they touch our case...will we get auto email ...or its just only for VSC (not transferred cases)...

thanks...