Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the plastic card after the approval for the cases transferred to the Arlington office. I got approved and stamped after the interview on 5/24, and just wondering whether it takes the usual 3 to 6 months even for the transferred cases.

CMR

The transfer notice says: "Preliminary processing of application has been completed". Does that mean all name check, FBI, FP and all that crap has been completed? does everyone have that same thing?
ND:12/12/02
TD:5/19/04

No

That doesn't mean all name check, FBI, FP and all that crap has been completed.

I waited for about 7 months to get approval after my interview after the transfer.

Some people wait over 1 year after the interview for the name check crap.

Until you get the approval letter, you are not cleared.

Does it apply to all transferred and interviewed cases? We all have to wait another endless months even after the interview????

How many days earlier they send you the interview notice? Do they give you enough time to prepare all the documents?
I've been waiting for almost 8 months....

EAD Renewal

I filed my 3rd EAD at VSC , they received my application on the 24th , FEB 2004. and just a day before on 23rd FEB 2004. they had transferred my i-485 to Washington office , i didnt recieve anything fr VSCregarding EAC except notice , GREAT customer service told me to go to local office and apply in person ,
I literally hate going there , so i sent them the copy of cashed check with two photos with aplication and a draft that tells them the whole situation whats goign on ,
CAN ANYONE SUGGEST mailing to washington office is fair enough , do they process these kind of cases by mail????

Last edited by a moderator:
Adnamj,
I don't think they will process Interim EAD application based on the mail you sent. I would rather go to the local office and do a walk-in for IEAD. I am planning to do so because its been over 90 days and haven't heard anything.

Other than that, has anyone got interview letter or heard when they will be scheduling interviews. Last year they did a lot of interviews in Summer. Hopefully they do the same this year too. :confused:

anyways guys, keep in touch and update this thread as soon as some info is received.

-All the Best
:D

Will the Status be Updated (Transfer case) if approved or ?

My case was transferred to DC in March,04. No news yet. Just checking on line status etc everyday. Do they change the online status when any decision is made like Approved / RFE etc...? on transfer cases or just they send interview letter etc.
Can we check Name check / back ground ? To whom should I call and what is the number?

Thanks in advance

RD 04/06/02
ND 04/19/02
FP1,FP2,EAD1/EAD2/iEAD3 - done
TD 03/10/04

Once they transfer a case to the local office, they stop update online status I think.....
My EAD was transferred to Washington office, and I got it two months ago, but the online message still says...
"...we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION to an office in WASHINGTON, DC...."
And my I-485 online says...
"...the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review..." for the past 7 months.

The only thing we can do is waiting for the interview notice letter.

Why would they transfer I140 to Local Office :confused:

ND: 10/16/2003
EB3 Concurrent

I140 Status

"On June 16, 2004, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in WASHINGTON, DC for processing. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

I485 Status

On June 16, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Please post ,if you know why they would do like this.

Nogcyet03

Hi!
Just curious if your on-line message or the dates changed while you came to know about your transfer. If yes, then the message changed for the primary applicant only or primary and dependent both (If applicable in your case)?
Thanks and good luck!

yes.Online Messages as well as Datas also changed ,and even dependent I485 application status also changed as transferred.

thank you.

Got I-EAD from Local office

Just back from the local office. The experience was not worth sharing.

Reached there around 7 am and saw that 150 people were already in the queue. By the time we got in, the lady started telling people that the tickets for the day have been consumed and no more tickets were available. This actually put me back in seat. But later on the supervisor came in and asked for people who have come for IEAD and took us to the second floor. Gave all of us some numbers and asked us to first wait in queue. After an hour when nothing happened, they asked us to sit and told us that our number will be called as EAD-#.

Around 11:30 our number was called, they asked to show EAD receipt notice and asked us to go to room # 100. Went there and found people waiting. Basically the lady who asked us to go to room #100 was the one who popped in there and gave us a stub to sign and put our fingerprint on. After an hour she took our photos and finally gave us our IEAD. We were out by 1:30.

First of all the office is understaffed. Two counters for other applications and one counter for IEAD. They take atleast 20-25 min per applicant. I would ask people to go there around 5 am so that they get done quickly.

When I asked the Information officer abt my pending I-485, she questioned back asking me if I had taken a number. This means I have to come in early so that I get a number and wait with everyone else even to ask for status on my case. Really pathetic!!. :mad:

I hope I don't have to go there once again. The only time I will have to is for the interview wherein I will have an appointment so they can't deny us entry.

By the way they gave us IEAD valid for one year.

All the best to people waiting, have a good weekend :)

I KNOW HOW U FEEL H1blayoff

those ppl stink , y u think i sent my EAD by mail , i just cant stand that low profile admin staff , well.....good to hear that at least u got ur EAD for another year , hope this is your last visit till for final interview , i been waiting since Feb, 2004. its a chaos if i were knew this is what we are gonna be awarded , might had chose a differnt tactic to get GC . or at least not fr freaking Virginia state.

good luck to all and try to live with it , they have choices we dont .....and cheers , one day will all laugh when look back ........perhaps i wont like to look back to this era of my life , its harsh

FBI Name Check Help ...

My case was transferred to DC office in Marh,04. Waiting for an interview. Is there any place to confirm about FBI name check (202 324 2399 is not replying / No fax reply even). Now a days there is no surity that even after the interview they will stamp the passport (because they have not received the FBI check).

RD - 04/06/02
ND - 04/19/02
FP1/FP2/EAD1/EAD2/iEAD3 - Done/approved
TD - 03/10/04

Thanks in Advance

Some bad news

Bad news for all of us

The Arlington office has been slated to move to FallsChurch (next to Dunn Loring Metro) somewhere in August. All interview cases have been moved to Missouri center. Not that we will have to fly to Missouri for interview but just for storage purpose.

Once the move is complete, all interviews will be scheduled.

Keep your fingers crossed. Everything will be back-logged because they are not scheduling any interviews until they move. God only knowswhen they will schedule interviews for all of us who are waiting. Next year? =>4th EAD may be? Another $175 + $175 (spouse- if applicable) ...This thing really sucks now