Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Thanks H1Blayoff,
Mine is EB3 so I guess it will take one year to schedule an interview according to your information....wow...what a depressing....

After the Interview @Arlington

Friends

I had the interview at Arlington yesterday (April 6th), My I-485 case was approved and Officer stamped my passport. Officer said, I should get the GC in 3-6 months

Details for friends looking at my details for the first time

I started my Green Card process back in Feb'2000 with a Job adv. in Washington Post.
VA/EB2
6/2000 - Labor was applied
10/2000 - Labor was approved
11/2000 - I-140 was applied
5/2001 - RFE about my company financials
8/2001 - Replied with all the documents (My company gave all the details, but Attorney never made it faster)
9/10/2001 - I-140 was approved
1/2002 - I-485 was filed @VSC
5/2002 - FP1
11/2002 - Applied for EAD2
12/2002 - EAD was approved
7/2003 - my case was TD'ed to Arlington office
10/2003 - Applied for EAD3
2/2004 - Went to Arlington, Got the Appointment to get EAD
2/25/2004 - Went there again and they gave me EAD3. my wife is not working, so she did't go with me, though I have applied for her as well
2/15/2003 - Got the interview letter and FP2 notices
3/2004 - FP2 is done
4/6/2004 - D Day and GC is approved

Interview preparation

Though my case is pretty simple, I did not want to take any chanes.
I have been saving all my pay stubs, added my wife name to Power bill, Bank , Phone, wireless, Apartment lease, 3 years of tax returns, Drivers License should match the current address.
Paid $30 to Bank of America and got the letter with last 12 months deposits and my wife establishment date
I took my marriage album, pictures from all my vacation, friends visiting trips

Interview

Just to be on the safe side, I took my attorney also along with me. Now I can say, probably I dont need, I did't know then. I advice any one to go with attorney, Just in case

After dropping the interview letter in the slot, we waited about 45 minutes. Officer came and called my name and my wife's name
Three of us followed the officer and officer took our Fingure prints and made us sign in 2 places (Don't know why)
Then we went to officer's room and took oath
Officer started asking simple questions like My name, SSN, DOB, Place of birth,
Mothers name, fathers name, nationality, if I ever did any fraud, arrests, commited any crime, my emplyer name, Job title
Asked my Birth certificate
then 3 years Tax returns (did't even look, just filed)
There were few typos (Thanks to my attorney's clerk. I was mad to look at those) on my I-485 form, officer corrected with red pen and putting a check mark on all others
Asked when was the last time I entered into US and with what visa. Then asked for Advance parol.
Asked if I had the copy of passport. I made copies of everything but for the passport(donno why). Officer told us, if we want GC to be approved today, then we will have to produce the copy same day. My attorney said, there is a copy shop close by and he said we would give it in 20 min. Officer said ok. Asked the slimilar questions for my wife. My wife told her year birth wrong and corrected herself after few seconds. Officer asked if she is nervous. She honerstly said, little bit. Officer said you dont need to be and gave us a smile.
Asked us to show some proof that we are staying together. here my preparation helped me.
I gave Copies of Bank Monthly Statement, Apartment lease, Bank america Letter, Power bill, Phone bill and a Picture of us
Officer filed all of them patiently.
Officer then took our passports and made copies of the pages with information in it (you make sure take all the pages )
Officer came back and said, I am not feeling like sending you back for copies, so I made copies for you, but in future make sure you bring the copis. I said sure.
Officer asked for my EADs. I put one after another 3 EADs and my wife's 2 EADs on the table. Officer kind of frowned (maye be looking at 3EADs I guess). Officer said, If I apporve your GC, then we will keep all these. I said, its ok.
Officer opened one of the file cabinet doors and opened a box and took out a red stamp. then one after another officer stamped and wrote on the passports with our A numbers and validity for one year from Yesterday. then officer showed our passports with the stamp to us and said that the cards would arrive in the mail in about 3-6 months.

By the way the officer is, She. She was simple and she made us comfortable. All through the process I was very cool, though I was nervous the day before the interview. Since people gave an impression about Arlington office, I was expecting rudeness. I guess these officers are different from the ones we face when we go for AP or EAD.

My advice
Just be cool. Do your job and let it come
Make sure you have all the documents ready, Though you get sufficient time between the letter and Interview date. better have all the preparations ready and have a list of things to do when time comes. People say about talking to Senators, I dont know if that works, since every one is in the same boat, it would help if the case has taken unusually long or the local office is other than Arlington. I personally followed my case with excitement till Feb'03. Once I realized things are not going smooth, I just let it go. Then the tranfer further frustrated me. Definately GC process taught me how to be patient beyond.. beyond any one can imagine.

Anyway Goodluck to all those still in the waiting phase. Your turn will come and
GOD BLESS you ALL

Reds

PS: I am not sure if I will be visiting this page regularly, if you guys have any questions, you can email me
ksreds@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Reds on your freedom. I agree with you that Patience is a must with USCIS folks. One can't get frustrated and throw away his life just because the interview letter is not come in.

Enjoy and have fun. Do visit us and give us hope whenever you feel like getting back to olden days :D

Congratulations, Reds!
I don't know if you can answer this, but it's one of my biggest concern for coming interview....don't know when yet.
I'm working my sponsored company throughout the process plus having part time job in same field for more than a year to present. I might have to bring my tax info with two W-2 forms. Do you think they will issue this matter?
Thank you and congratulations again.

Spreadsheet for everyone's help

Attached find spreadsheet that has data on all users in this thread whose cases have/had been transferred to Arlington. Any new user to this thread can view and determine how long it would take for a case to be processed based on the history of cases.

I don't want to commit that data in this sheet is accurate. However, I spent some time reading through this thread and gathered data based on the updates users have provided. Feel free to add/update it.

Anyone received interview letter?

I received the transfer notice from my lawyer.

Lets keep updating this thread.

Is anybody got an interview notice recently???
Are they really doing interviews these days?....may be once every two month?? it feels like.
Please share any interview news...
Thanks

Want to apply AP

Correct me if I am wrong

Because my case has been transferred to Arlington, I need to apply at Arlington right?

I am planning to send the following documents for AP

1. I-131 form
2. cheque
3. 485 Receipt
4. Letter stating the reason
5. Two ADIt style photos

Anything I missed?

Yes,

You have to apply in Arlington only. Check the documents from form instructions.
I think they will approve it in a month or so. I got in a month .

You probably wont get any receipt notice. I had applied EAD + AP , didnt get receipt for any. Directly Approval.

Best of Luck

Originally posted by gtahiliani
Hi Darenkoa,

Are you in EB3 Category ? If you are ,then sorry to dissapoint you but Arlington is taking atleast 10-12 months to schedule interview from date of Receipt of case (to them) which in your case is Apr , 04 .

Check out the processing times of DC(arlington office ) here :-
https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=80

Mind it recipt notice date here is the day when Case was recieved by the center i.e. in Transfer cases its TD.

Most of the people I know including me are reeling under this painful situation.

- Gtahiliani

hello, Gtahiliani

Sorry for the delay in responding to your message. I have been taking a long break from this forum and checking my status online after my transfer. this is my first time here in months.

I am EB-2 with my master's degree.

well, with my luck, it looks like i will wait longer than average. i am sort of at peace with the whole wait thing. as long as i get my green card, that's all that matters.

so as of now, i am still waiting as usual...

i want to wish everyone good luck though. i will definitely keep you guys updated if and when my status change...should be months from now.

My case was transferred from VSC to Washington Office on 6th of March,2004 (after 2 years of filing I-485). :

How much time is still?
What worst can be?
Why they have transferred after 2 yrs?

Thanks

RD-04/06/02
ND-04/19/02
FP1,FP2,EAD1,EAD2 - Done
EAD3- Applied 3 80 days back...No approval yet..

larry2003 said:
my case was transferred in December 31, 2003 and have not heard anything yet.

RD, April 7, 2002

Just wanted to let you know all that AP for my family has been approved in a week's time at Arlington office.

Applied AP at Arlington on April 29,2004.
Approved on May 5,2004 and received them in mail today.

Still no sign of Interview letter from Arlington? Any updates?

i 485 , got stuck (transfer) in Arlington

I am one of u , been waiting for the i485 approvel fr vsc, later checked online and found i been awarded by file transfer to Arlington office , fr vermont. just a week ago it was tranferred i was tempted to apply for AP . thought it might be a good sign , and hoped for the best outcome ,and kept waiting One thing i dont understand that WHY THE HELL THEY ASKED ME TO GO FOR SECOND FINGER PRINT in january 14th, 2004, i was living in fools paradise that i ill get my approval direct from vermont office.

can anyone explain whats going on with me .

PD , march 2001
i40 Apvl date . may 2002
i 485 , RD april 2002
first Finger print july 2002
second fringer p jan 2004
TD to arlington feb 2004.

does anyone have a crystal ball and could tell me when should i expect my interview , TD to arlington 23rd feb 2004, ur replies will be appreciated , my personal email add , is muxdani@hotmail.com
:confused: and :mad:

I-485 dates at Arlington office have moved

The I-485 processing dates at Arling show May 12,2003 as of today. Anyways, it doesn't really make sense because I think these dates apply for family based I-485 applications. Why I am saying this is, the Adv Parole date shows as March 02,204 whereas I applied my Adv Parole on Apr 27,2004 and got it in a week.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and atleast expect the interview letters flow by this summer. Thats what they did last year too.

Summer Summer please come soon..

Transfer to Arlington, VA

Recieved email today 5/20 that my case and wife transfered to Arlington

Rd:10/15/02
ND:12/3/02
processing time show they are processing May 2003, is the RD is Vermont's or
they own RD?
Any Clues? :confused: