Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Green2 - Congrats! Can you post your complete detail? What did they ask in the interview. ?

Another important thing (FYI) - I went to Arlington for my 3rd iEAD on Wed. Got it renewed for another one year. Never go there on Wed for walk in. They have stoped walk-in iEAD on 7th May,2004. They give iEAD only between Tue - Fri (8.00AM - 11.00AM) over 90 days. We went there around 7.00 AM and came out by 11.45AM with iEAD. They checked following:
1. Driver license
2. EAD Receipt
3. Old EAD
4. EAD application
5. Paid Fee proof (check etc.)
6. No photograph required (They take over there)
7. Room no. 200 (counter 7) then they send in room no. 100 for photo and ead.

Thats all.

Thanks

First they took the finger printing and signature in a from,then asked the husband green card ,we gave his passport because we didnt recive the card yet,she made copy of that page,then she asked why they are not approve the both cases when you both applied same time,we said we dont know,then she asked the address, date of birth,ssn,are you working?my child's name and date of birth,affdavit of support that's all then she stamp the passport .
it's a ten minities interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply from Shela Murthy office of Arlington Interviews

I asked Shella Murthey office about Arlington office interviews and how long it takes, and this their reply:
--------------------------------------
Thank you for your eMail. Assuming that your case is employment based,
it is
unclear how long Arlington is taking to conduct those interviews. At
one
time there was a wait for those interviews to occur, though Arlington
has
recently promised that employment based adjustment interviews will be
preceding. You can review processing times through the USCIS website.
This
is the best information available.
----------------------------------------
Hope its good news :rolleyes:

Arlington OFFice

my layer(lier) told me arlignton officer is shifting somewhere on august , this is one of the excuse they arnt working , but its a confirm news , my freind also went there for EAD and they told him same story , he been wating for the interview since november.....

Interviewed and Stamped!

Hello all,

I am very happy to tell you all that my wife and I had our interview at the Arlington office this morning and we both got approved. The interview was with a very very nice immigration officer(Ms. Sanders) and it was nothing more than a formality. We didn't know the reason for transfer, and we still dont...but we don't care now.

Interview was scheduled for 9.15 AM for me and 9.45 AM for my wife.
We both reached the Arlington office at about 8.30 AM and dropped the letters in the slot. There were about 15 people in the waiting area, most of them were accompanied by their lawyers(we didn't take our's).
We were called by Ms. Sanders at about 9.20 AM, signed and finger printed a document on both sides.
Then we followed her into her room, took the oath and sat down.
She opened my file first and started asking the questions based on the information in it. They were all regular questions like, First name, DOB, SSN, Current address, Father's first name, Mother's name, wife's DOB etc. She started putting a check mark after each line on the form as I answer her questions. Then she asked the questions like, have you been ever arrested etc.
Then she asked me to give her the copy of my passport(she was a little upset as I took the copy of my entire passport, including the blank pages. She said it was a waste of paper and there was no need to do that). She then asked me for tax returns for the last 3 years(checked both our names on 2003 returns, nothing else), employment letter(I am still with the same employer, but I saw her comparing the job duties with the old letter) and then asked for a picture with two of us in it.
Then she asked me if I had any other documents that I wanted give her. I gave her the joint credit card, insurance, bank account, county tax and deed of trust document copies and she filed all of them very patiently. I gave her the affidavit of support(I-134) though she didnt ask for it.

Then she opened my wife's file, asked her the same set of questions and took the copy of her I-94 and nothing else. She had our pictures that we initially submitted with our application, but she asked us if we had any newer ones. She asked this because the old pictures were not very clear. We gave her new ones and she was happy.

That's it. She then took our EADs, APs and took out the much awaited red stamp and stamped our passports with the I-551. She told us we will receive our cards in mail in 3 to 6 months.

That was it guys, it was really cool. Altogether it took no more than 25 minutes and most of that time was taken just to file the documents. I am not too excited but very relieved now.

All the guys who are waiting for their approvals, have faith in God and yourself. Your time will come, and you will become the Permanent residents of this country before you realize. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

For those who care, let me just give you a brief history of my case.

RIR process started(Nov 1999)
Labor(State), applied Feb'2000, approved April'2000
Labor(Federal) applied April'2000, approved October'2000
I-140 approved in 23 days in November'2000
Dates were not current, got married in August 2001, Filed I-485 for both in December'2001
Ist FP April 2002
RFE(EVL, Birth certificate for wife and affidavits for both) July 2003, response sent July 2003
2nd FP September 2003
Case transferred Novemeber 2003. My case status never got updated with the transfer information. I came to know about it only when I contacted the local senator in January 2004.
Interview letter received May 14 2004.
Interview, Approved and Stamped May 24 2004.

I used to be very active on these boards. My mother passed away at the end of March this year and the Arlington office was kind enough to approve an emergency AP on Humanitarian grounds(I never applied for AP before that). I was in India the entire April and returned first week of May. It was a pleasent coincidence that I received my interview letter within 10 days of coming back.

CMR

congratulation!

Mine was transferred on Oct. 2003, but still hasn't received interview date yet...it doesn't come in transferred order?

Anybody got transferred before cmr and still hasn't heard anything yet??

Thanks and congratulation again!!! you deserve it!!!

Arlington office moving to a new location

Can anyone post the details about why arlington office is moving and the new address of their office.

Who say they are moving to new location?

I was there on Saturday, and I didn't notice any notice about moving, where you get this info?

EAD Renewal after 485 transfer to local office(DC)

Hi All,

My I-485 case was transferred to the local office (Arlington) on May 19, 2004. My EAD renewal was filed with VSC in March. What will happen to my EAD application? Will it still get processed at VSC or get transferred to the Arlington office like the 485 application? Also, will I still be able to get a temporary EAD after 90 days in this scenario? The USCIS website says that my EAD will be processed in 60-90 days...standard message...

Please advise.

Many thanks

cmyk55 said:
congratulation!

Mine was transferred on Oct. 2003, but still hasn't received interview date yet...it doesn't come in transferred order?

Anybody got transferred before cmr and still hasn't heard anything yet??

Thanks and congratulation again!!! you deserve it!!!

Thanks cmyk55. Best of luck to you. You should receive your interview appointment soon. Don't worry too much, the people in Arlington office are really cool. You'll get your approval, just hang in there.

CMR

Transfer mode

1st possibility
--------------
Cases might be picked up based on Original receipt date. cmr's VSC receipt date for I-485 is Dec 2001 which might be the reason for the interview.
gtahiliani's receipt date is Jan 2002. Looks like his will be the next.

2nd possibility
---------------
They go by Employment category. 1<-2<-3 which means anyone with EB3 will have the least preference compared to other categories.

Question for cmr
-----------------
you said you received your interview letter on May 15th with interview scheduled for May 24th. Wasn't this too quick as far as gathering documents for the interview is concerned????

RajeevS,
Your EAD will be processed by Vermont. IEAD will be issued by Washington office incase your EAD doesn't show up before 90 days.

Could you update the tracker with your transfer information.

H1Blayoff said:
Question for cmr
-----------------
you said you received your interview letter on May 15th with interview scheduled for May 24th. Wasn't this too quick as far as gathering documents for the interview is concerned????

I received the interview letter on May 14th, the letter was dated May 11th. Yes I didn't have too much time before the interview, but it was enough to gather all the documents. I think Arlington office's current time frame for the interview is around six months. User Green2 was transferred at the end of October and she had her interview last week, and according to her posts she too had not more than 10 days between receiving the interview letter and the interview date.

CMR

Transfers!!!!!

Nobody can tel how the allocate to interview , my RD is April 24th 2002. got Transferred in feb 23rd 2004. I ma EB3 , u cant really tell how they schedule interviews , its sure that ppl with spouse get there interview quicker and are smooth on interview date .

BTW i havent got 3rs EAD from VSC, check was cashed on the 25th feb 2004, can anyone suggest , what should i do it ill be expired on the 31st of this month . i hate to go to arlington office , will there be any problem if i show up there after its expired ???

really pissed off with the whole picture , how lazy these are , and now they are moving to anohter location , which ill give them chance to slow our processes , DO THEY HAVE ANY IDEA THEY ARE PLAYING WITH OUR LIVES .

I know exactly how you feel....it's just too much, nothing makes sense.
I'm sure either they're doing it on purpose, or their job qualification should be anyone who's IQ is below 0.
ugh~~~

H1Blayoff said:
1st possibility
--------------
Cases might be picked up based on Original receipt date. cmr's VSC receipt date for I-485 is Dec 2001 which might be the reason for the interview.
gtahiliani's receipt date is Jan 2002. Looks like his will be the next.

well, i don't think this is possible as my RD is 11/19/2001 which means i should be next which I doubt. I personally think that the whole process is based on LUCK. :p