Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

I got my interview letter within 2 weeks after the case was transferred to local office DC

Originally posted by asj74
I got my interview letter within 2 weeks after the case was transferred to local office DC

wow, that's very fortunate.

as for me, December 30, 2003 transfer case still waiting for the Interview Letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally approved

I finally received the approval notice.
It has been 1 year and 5 months after my
case was transfered to Arlington office and
more than 5 months after my interview.
It is such a relief. Hope everyone else get your
approval soon!

va_Transfer,
I am so happy for you...
A few questions for you...

a) Did you or the lawyer receive the approval letter ?
b) Did the senator inquiry did any help on this ?
c) Once the approval letter is received, do they have any time line for the stamping as I am planning to be out of the country for 3-4 months... ??

again very happy for you...

goodluck

Manish

Bestrong - send a PM(private message) to OMGV. This way you are sure he gets your msg...

Originally posted by bestrong
OMGV,

Are u still there on the board. I need some info from you.

thanks

SWaiting:

a) Did you or the lawyer receive the approval letter ?

both receivd the approval letter.

b) Did the senator inquiry did any help on this ?

I don't know although the senator's staff is really
courteous and trying to help. Maybe my 3rd EAD
application helped. It is still pending but I don't
care anymore.

c) Once the approval letter is received, do they have any time line for the stamping as I am planning to be out of the country for 3-4 months... ??

My approval letter does not say stamping is required
and does not give any time frame.

Item 3, Part I on the newer I-131 (AP) form

Dear All,

Greetings. It is been a while that I filled out a I-131 (AP) application form. It has changed a bit from the old days. I have been unable to decipher the meaning of item 3 on Part I that asks for "Class of Admission". Do you have an idea of what is that?

Secondly, it there any benefit of going to the Arlington field office and submitting the petition in person over sending it by mail in terms of time of approval.

Take care,

SQ

Applying by mail is just fine for arlington. I got the AP in 3 weeks. Another member juniwalla got it in 1 week.

Class of admission : Adjustment of Status pending...

Guys,

Any latest information on whats going on with the transferred cases. My case was transferred(according to the senator and BSCIS 2nd tier) in November, but nothing has happened so far. Not even a transfer notification from anywhere, let alone an interview notice. Worse, even the website and AVM are not updated with the transfer info. Any recent interviews or trnasfers to Arlington?

Please post any information that you guys may have, this thread has almost died!

One question, does anybody know if the Arlington office is open on Saturdays?

Thanks!

green2

Did your wife get the interview notice yet? Have you guys tried contacting the Arlington office regarding shceduling the interview? My case was transferred from NSC in November, no interview yet.

Do you know why her case was transferred? Did you get maried just before applying 485?

-cmr

Hello Everybody

My case was transfered to Arlington Office on Aug.19 2003 and I am still waiting .

Is it normal to wait that long or my case might have a problem?

I am in a fix on what to do.

Hope anyone could give me some guidance and help.

Thanks

Re: Hello Everybody

Originally posted by gtahiliani
My case was transfered to Arlington Office on Aug.19 2003 and I am still waiting .

Is it normal to wait that long or my case might have a problem?

I am in a fix on what to do.

Hope anyone could give me some guidance and help.

Thanks

Do you mind posting more details about your case? It probably is normal, my case was transferred in November and I am still waiting for the interview. When the Senator's office inquired on my behalf they were told it takes 6 to 8 months to schedule the interview.

-cmr

cmr,

Details of My 485 case:-

Receipt Date (Vermont) - 30th Jan 2002
Notice Date (Vermont) - 15th Feb 2002

Already done FP 2 times.

On Aug. 19 2003 My case was transfered to Washington DC office to schedule a Interview.

But no word yet

gtahiliani,

Have you tried to inquire with the Arlington office, either personally or through a Senator or Congressman? If you haven't done so, its about time. You have waited long enough to do it. My case was transferred in November and I am planning to wait one more month before personally going to the Arlington office.

There seems to be no order in which they schedule the interview. YJay got his case transferred in october and had his interview two days ago. But again, he is EB1 or EB2 where as mine is an EB3 case. That could probably be the reason. In any case, you should do all you can to find out what is going on with your case.

-cmr

cmr,

I personally went to the Arlington office and also sent a Query Via National Customer service. They both told me the same thing.

"Its take approximately 12 months to process case after receipt of the case by the service center in Arlington"

But after seeing this forum its very confusing since so many got very early interviews.

Does going through Senetar or Congressman really help?

regards.

Help, questions about 485 transfer to local office

Hi, folks,
My case: I140 approved 07/2002
I-485 received 08/2002
FP 10/2002
Transfer to Pittsburgh 03/2004
I applied GC based on NIW. I am still F-1 PhD student with $20000 fellowship, will graduate in July 2004.
My questions:
1. Do I need EAD when I interview? (I never apply this one)
2. If need, should I apply it based on I485 or OPT? OPT is much faster than I-485.
Thanks a lot!
ding rong