Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

interview tomorrow

I have my interview at the arlington office tomorrow...
any pointers anyone?

I have everything ready (hopefully)...just waiting for 20 hours to pass.
Should I call FBI and see if the security check is done?

thestp

thestp, so it took about 6 months to schedule your interview....not one year or more like other folks.
I think if you did your FP2 earlier, your secuirty check must be cleared by now. I pray for you. Good luck with your interview tomorrow.

Hi SWaiting

thanks for all the good vibes! I am sooooooooooooo drained! I just feel a lot better when I can share my feelings with people who are in the same situation and understand!
How was officer B? She is going to IV me as well. I have heard she is very picky. Can you please share?

Fikabir, my lawyer told me the security check is with the CIA and the INTERPOLE. She said it may take up to 8 months!!!!!

Thestp, how did your IV go/ Hope you have had your PP stamped.

Good luck to all

Desparate1

SUCCESS

All,

I and my wife had our interview yesterday and our passports got stamped at the end.
Thank you for all your help for your information and moral support. This was one lifeline that kept me going and hoping.
I have been on this website everyday for more than a year now.

Thanks to the folks at immigrationportal.com for creating this forum.

I started this process in December 1999 and finally ended it yesterday.

We were both extremely relieved and drained by the end.

Our interviews were at 12:15 and 12:45. We got there around 11:45 and dropped our documents through the slot.
Our attorney was already there.
We sat outside for around 10 min when our names got called.
The lady that interviewed us was an African-american lady ..she was very nice, pleasant and considerate but thorough with the process.

We got fingerprinted and we signed a sheet of paper (didn’t really know what the sheet was as it was kind of covered.)

We went to her office and took the oath.

She asked for photo-ids and passports from both of us with our current address. (remember to update your licenses to your current address…we moved two months ago and we just changed our licenses last week and this helped us).
She opened my file, took the 485 application out and started asking me questions from the top.
She complained that we changed our address too many times. (we changed 3 times during our 485 process).
She wrote down our new address on the 485 application.
She asked my name, parents’ name etc.
She asked me if I was ever arrested. I said Yes (I got a DUI four years ago).
Without her asking, I gave her my arrest papers and final court disposition which was 1 year restricted license.
She was not really happy but didn’t say anything. She went through the entire document.
I had checked YES on my 485 application regarding this Q but didn’t submit any documentation with my 485 application.
(maybe this is the reason my file got transferred – or it may be too many address changes).
She asked for tax returns, employment letter, birth certificate and marriage registry.
She asked me when was the last time I entered the country (aug 14) and asked me if I had advance parole and wanted the original.
I had changed employers two months ago. She verified the title, job description and salary with my labor.
I also gave her a employment letter (3 months old) from my previous employer (sponsor of my GC).
My sponsor changed name three times in the last 4 years due to acquisitions etc. so she wanted details about it.
I took all the press releases that changed names and highlighted the appropriate information so she read all that and was satisfied.
One problem arose with our marriage registry.
We just took our marriage certificate we got from the attorney at the courthouse who got us married but she said that was not enough.
She wanted the marriage registry not the certificate.
She said the courthouse has official registry that they notarize and give it to you for a fee, she wanted that one.
My attorney tried to talk to them, but the officer wanted that document.
We requested that we will get that document in an hour as we got married in the Arlington courthouse which was a mile away.
She was planning to leave as we were here last cases for yesterday, but she finally agreed to it.
She commented to our attorney that these guys have everything in order except for the marriage registry.
She then opened my wife’s file and asked all the 485 Qs.
She asked when my wife entered the country last (aug 14).
She wanted tax returns and employment letter (mine) for my wife’s file. I didn’t have another copy for her, I offered to give her the originals, she said that I can make copies and get them with the marriage registry.
We were done, so we rushed to the court house, got the marriage registry, made copies, and came back in an hour and gave the documents to her.
She took our passports and came out in 5 min and showed the stamps and told us that our cards will be mailed in 3-6 months.

We were fasting yesterday and so we couldn’t even go out and celebrate but today will be the big celebration!!

TheSTP

thestp,

Congratulations!! Finally you are done.
Thanks for the detail posting. This is very helpful for my interview on Dec 3.

fikabir

Congrats and Good Luck. Re: SUCCESS

Congrats.

Originally posted by thestp
All,

I and my wife had our interview yesterday and our passports got stamped at the end.
Thank you for all your help for your information and moral support. This was one lifeline that kept me going and hoping.
I have been on this website everyday for more than a year now.

Thanks to the folks at immigrationportal.com for creating this forum.

I started this process in December 1999 and finally ended it yesterday.

We were both extremely relieved and drained by the end.

Our interviews were at 12:15 and 12:45. We got there around 11:45 and dropped our documents through the slot.
Our attorney was already there.
We sat outside for around 10 min when our names got called.
The lady that interviewed us was an African-american lady ..she was very nice, pleasant and considerate but thorough with the process.

We got fingerprinted and we signed a sheet of paper (didn’t really know what the sheet was as it was kind of covered.)

We went to her office and took the oath.

She asked for photo-ids and passports from both of us with our current address. (remember to update your licenses to your current address…we moved two months ago and we just changed our licenses last week and this helped us).
She opened my file, took the 485 application out and started asking me questions from the top.
She complained that we changed our address too many times. (we changed 3 times during our 485 process).
She wrote down our new address on the 485 application.
She asked my name, parents’ name etc.
She asked me if I was ever arrested. I said Yes (I got a DUI four years ago).
Without her asking, I gave her my arrest papers and final court disposition which was 1 year restricted license.
She was not really happy but didn’t say anything. She went through the entire document.
I had checked YES on my 485 application regarding this Q but didn’t submit any documentation with my 485 application.
(maybe this is the reason my file got transferred – or it may be too many address changes).
She asked for tax returns, employment letter, birth certificate and marriage registry.
She asked me when was the last time I entered the country (aug 14) and asked me if I had advance parole and wanted the original.
I had changed employers two months ago. She verified the title, job description and salary with my labor.
I also gave her a employment letter (3 months old) from my previous employer (sponsor of my GC).
My sponsor changed name three times in the last 4 years due to acquisitions etc. so she wanted details about it.
I took all the press releases that changed names and highlighted the appropriate information so she read all that and was satisfied.
One problem arose with our marriage registry.
We just took our marriage certificate we got from the attorney at the courthouse who got us married but she said that was not enough.
She wanted the marriage registry not the certificate.
She said the courthouse has official registry that they notarize and give it to you for a fee, she wanted that one.
My attorney tried to talk to them, but the officer wanted that document.
We requested that we will get that document in an hour as we got married in the Arlington courthouse which was a mile away.
She was planning to leave as we were here last cases for yesterday, but she finally agreed to it.
She commented to our attorney that these guys have everything in order except for the marriage registry.
She then opened my wife’s file and asked all the 485 Qs.
She asked when my wife entered the country last (aug 14).
She wanted tax returns and employment letter (mine) for my wife’s file. I didn’t have another copy for her, I offered to give her the originals, she said that I can make copies and get them with the marriage registry.
We were done, so we rushed to the court house, got the marriage registry, made copies, and came back in an hour and gave the documents to her.
She took our passports and came out in 5 min and showed the stamps and told us that our cards will be mailed in 3-6 months.

We were fasting yesterday and so we couldn’t even go out and celebrate but today will be the big celebration!!

TheSTP

Friends:

How early can we apply EAD renewal at
arlington office? USCIS web site states that
we should apply 6 months early. However,
I am not clear about arlington office's policy.
Please share your opinion. Thanks.

BTW, I contacted senator George Allen's office
last week. the lady was very polite. I hope it
will be useful.

Interviewed but not stamped

Hello guys,

Back from the interview from Roanoke. We didn't get stamped today. The officer said the case is approvable but don't have computer to get the visa #. She took our passport and said she will stamp our passport and will return back on Monday by certified mail. The officer was very nice and asked for Tax return, W 2's, employment letter, marraige certificate, etc.

fikabir

Congratulations, fikabir!!!

Whenver free, please let us know more details, like, what questions she asked and whether any NIW related issue was there. Also, did she mention the reason for transfer?

Thank you.

Jigesh

flkabir

Congratulations

When you get chance, can you list the all the list of documents requested by INS and any other information you suggest

Thanks and Enjoy the freedom!!!