Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

SWaiting -

who interviewed you?
I have an interview with officer "O".
Does anyone have any info. about this officer?

thestp

I dont remember the officer. I dont think that makes much difference. She said that they order Security check after the interview now...

goodluck

Interviewed and stamped today

My wife and I went to Arlington Office today
for interview. The officer asked for employment
letter, tax returns, our daughter's birth
certificate. Then she asked the standard I-485
questions to each of us, and, after we answered
them, she decided to stamp our passports.

I brought new photos, but not new medical. She
didn't ask for either of them. Had she asked for
new medical, I would have said (1) it's not marked
on the interview letter (2) there's an BCIS document
extending the validity of the original medical report.

I brought all the immigration related documents, together
with a copy for everything. We also brought our attorney
with us, but he didn't get a chance to say anything.

My application is an NIW case. This seems to be
the only reason that my case got transfered.

Best wishes to all of you in this thread.

RD 10/2001
FP 04/2002
TD 05/2003
2nd FP 09/2003

Congrats xuan321 on your approval.

Can point to the BCIS document
extending the validity of the original medical report ?

Congrats xuan321

xuan321

Looks like ur TD is in May/2003. When did you receive IV letter.
What are they mainly looking for in the Interview and Where do you think we should be cautious (Hoping for an IV soon)

Mine is TD in July/2003. Any Ideas how long it might take. I know lot of People TD'ed before me are waiting.

Thanks and Good Luck

Reds

I received my interview letter in late June.

I think that in most cases, interview is just a formality,
nothing special. I've never seen a "failed" interview on
this forum.

From what we saw in this thread, it seems that if you
waited longer for the interview letter, then the interview
date may be scheduled shortly after the letter arrives. So,
you may want to start preparing documents that are needed
anyways, such as tax returns, birth certificates, employment
related documents, etc. This way, the waiting may appear
less boring.

fikabir, Va_transfer,

any idea where to apply the AP since our applications are now with the Arlington Local office ?? What documents are needed ??

Va_Transfer - have you contact the senator about your case ?? Any updates on the security check ??

thanks

you need to apply AP at arlington office. i remember
you can apply it in person, but for EAD, you can only
mail it.

no news yet, I havn't contacted senator yet, don't
know if it will be useful or not.

Originally posted by va_transfer
you need to apply AP at arlington office. i remember
you can apply it in person, but for EAD, you can only
mail it.

no news yet, I havn't contacted senator yet, don't
know if it will be useful or not.

Va_transfer,
I am not in a urgent hurry for AP so will apply by Mail. Any idea how long it took for you ??

thanks

I have not applied AP at arlington. But I need to renew my
EAD again. Anyone knows how long it takes now in Arlington,
and how early can we send the application? last time it
takes me almost 4 months.

AP and EAD Experience at Arlington Office

SWaiting, I think you need to go to Arlington Office otherwise you can mail the application to Arlington office. When I was waiting in the line, an officer walked by and asked me what am I waiting for. I told him EAD and AP. he said EAD, I have to mail the application. Since I am there any way for AP, I thought I will give a shot in applying for EAD.

Since my case is TD'ed to Arlington, I have no other option but to go to Local INS office. My AP was expired and EAD to renew in Feb 2004. So i went on Oct 21'03 to Arlington office and stood in the line around 6:45AM. My turn came at 12:00PM and it lasted for 2 min (its really pathetic. I asked her about my status, she said 'Pending', and Thats news). She took the applications for Both AP and EAD and wrote a single receipt.

In that waiting and frustration, I forgot to attach my photos to AP, I remembered on the way back to work. I was so pissed off, I just went to work and left everything like that.

for EAD, she said, it would take 90 days.

On 24th of Oct, an officer from Arlington Calls me and says photos are missing and later he said he can approve my AP if I can drop the Pics ASAP, instead of mailing, since they might get lost in the process. I went on 25th of Oct around noon time and left the Pics in room no: 100. There was nobody, there was a place on the table for AP's queries.

They mailed my AP on 26th and I got it on 27th of Oct. I was really amazed the way they handled my case. So there are NICE and HARD working people at Arlington Local Office.

I wish they handle the GC cases with the same Pace.

Reds,
thanks for sharing the information. It was big help. I will be applying the AP by mail soon as I have no idea how long i will be stuck in this security check thing ....

goodluck

Congrats fikabir!

I am so happy for you. Hopefully everything will go on smoothly from now on!
MY IV is on 12/9/03. I am not worried about the IV itself, but for the name check. MY 2nd FP was in the first week of Sep. I really want that stamp in my Passport!

Wish every one good luck

P.S. Has anyone had an IV with officer B?

RD 10/2001
TD 03/29/2003
2nd FP 09/2003
IV 12/9/03
AD Hoping for the same day!

desparate1,

Thanks. It is hard to say that we'll get our passport stamped in the same day. Probably it's luck too. Some peoples get it in the same day and some not. I don't understand their procedures. Like, Va_transfer and Swaiting didn't get stamped although their file transfered long ago. Why don't they do security/name check earlier! It's another black hole and I have seen many peoples waiting for 6-10 months after the interview.

fikabir

desperate1 /fikabir,
as per officer B (yes she interviewed me), the security check is now done after the interview... These were her exact words..

goodluck

SWaiting,

But I have seen two approvals/stamping in this month from Arlington after interview. And there are some other approvals in other local offices. If they did security check before interview, then it is approved in the same day, I guess. I don't believe much on the immigration officer, sometimes they say whatever they like. Let us see what happen in our case.

fikabir

I dont believe her much either. Wish the best for all of you desperate1, fikabir, geecesaga..... I hope you dont have to wait for this security crap...

goodluck