Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

jigesh, Reds,

My interview was in Roanoke, VA, a small office of CIS. It is not a regular office like Arlington or Norfolk. They came here just for interview once in a two months and don't have any computer. I went there half an hour before the interview. The officer (name -Sanders) called us and we sat (three of us) in front of her. She opend my file first and flip over every page. She asked for last two year tax return, W2s, employment letter, and birth certificates, she didn't read any paper, just took it and attached to the file. She asked me if i want to submit any other paper and i said no. Then finally she said our case is approvable but she doesn't have computer to get the visa # from Department of state. She took our passports and said she will stamp it and send back on Monday. She didn't ask any question about NIW or regarding employment. When I asked her for her full name and phone # she gave me a paper with her name and phone #. The reason I asked her name cause she took our passports and I'm little worried she might lost our passports.

fikabir

Thats helpful

Thanks fikabir.

Any suggetions for the folks waiting from Local INS

Good Luck

congrats Fikabir!

My IV is on tues (in Arlington). I keep you all posted. Wish me good luck!!!

hopefully no more DESPARATE1

desparate1,

Wish you good luck for the interview. I hope you will get your passpot stamped in the same day.

fikabir

Got my passport stamped!

Hello every one

I finally had my IV today and got my passport stamped.

My IV was scheduled at 10:45 with Officer B. She is a young african american lady (nice but thorough!).She called my name at 11:00 am, made me sign a form and fingerprinted my right index finger. We went in to her office and she started going through our files. Although I was the main applicant, she started asking questions from my husband (verified his name, parents' name, DOB, address, last time he entered US, and his employer). Then she continued going through the papers again for another straight 35 minutes!!!!! without asking a question. After that, she asked me 4 questions: my parents' names, my DOB, my adress and my employer. No questions about my job description or any job related questions at all. Then she asked for our APs and EADs, took them, put them in the file and stamped both our passports. She said we should receive the actual cards in the next 6-12 months. But my lawyer said the average time is going to be about 4 months.

Wish you all good luck and thank you for all the support during this tough time.

NO MORE desparate1!! :)

RD 10/2000
TD 3/19/03
2nd FP 9/05/03
IV 12/9/03
Approved the same day!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had been a silent visitor all these years, my case details as follows

- filed labor mar 2001 (EB2, VA)
- filed I140 sep 2001
- filed I485 nov 2001 (RD Nov 21, 2001)
- rfe for employment may 2003
- replied rfe july 2003
- transfer to local office (Washington,DC) july 24 2003, within a
week after receiving the rfe by VSC
- received 2nd fingerprinting & interview notice aug 2003
- 2nd fingerprinting nov 19th 2003
- Interview scheduled dec 16th with Officer "I"

I'm on my 3rd EAD & Parole

Any insights on Officer "I" is greatly appreciated

GC Interview Dec16th

Will the Arlington office allow children to be present with us during the interview? I have 2 1/2 years old kid and the interview in on Dec 16th, Any experience?

having part time job on the side would be problem?

I'm waiting for my interview and worry about my situation now.
I haven't changed my job or anything, but just started having side part time job since beginning of this year. I'm just wondering if this is going to be an issue when I have an interview later on. I have to show them my tax return and everything, and they'll find out about my situation.....any opinions or experiences on this?
Thanks

approved dec 16th

The interview went fine and the lady who interviewed was so nice to us.

she asked me name, DOB, SSN#, place of birth, date last entered into US, father's & mother's name, wife's DOB, occupation, day time telephone, any other name used, 3 years tax return, my kids birth certificate, passport copies and closed my file

She asked the same set of questions to my wife.

We did not have the passport copies and the lady said they don't usually take copies and kindly took copies of our passport(front page and I94)

She also asked for Affidavit of support form I131 for my wife & kid and said she can't approve the case unless she has that, no one told me about this and we did not have it. We finally told her we will be able to get one immediately and she accepted and asked us to come back with it as soon as possible yesterday.

Then we filled the form and got it notorized and went back to her and she finally approved the case and stamped on our passport.

Affidavit of support form I131 Affidavit of support form I131

cmykk,
all that info is there on this very page itself.

Originally posted by cmyk55
asj74 ,
When was your transferred date and how long did you have to wait 'til interview?
Thanks

Notification of address change

Dear All,

God Willing, I'll soon be moving to a new place within the local area. I'll be sending out the change of address form too. My interview is early March. Second fingerprinting is already done.

Do you think that I still need to go to the Arlington office and make sure that I notify them of the address change also? Do they even allow you to meet a case officer for address change?

A quick response will be appreciated .

SQ

sq2003,

It's not necessary to go the immigration office for address change, in my case I just sent the AR11 and my attroney sent G731V. Make sure you update your drivers license with the current address. In the interview they they asked me if I had notified them and I said I sent AR11 & G731V.

Good luck

Case Transferred

my online status says the following:
------------------------------------
On December 30, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
----------------------------------

well, i guess at least some sort of activity in my case. i was checking the threads...it seems that interview date can be scheduled between 2-8 months...man, that's a huge range. anyone got any insights? you think things improved or worsened at the Washington office?

the earliest i have seen an interview scheduled is like 6 months after the TD. You may get lucky and receive a letter about the scheduled interview with in couple of months...

goodluck

" ON DECEMBER 20, 2003 , WE TRANSFERED YOUR I 485 application to Register Permanent Residence or to adjust status to an office in Lincoln, Nebraska for processing. That office will notify you when theu take action on your case. You should recieve a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office."

I live in the detroit area and my company is in the NJ area. Can some one please help me to understand :

1. What the word local office mean ?
2. Does it by any chance means the local office detroit?
3. Does this mean that Nebraska will send the application to detroit?
4. Does this mean that the processing will be done by Nebraska as a fresh case from now as I have already been in vermont for one and half years.
5. Does the word local office mean Nebraska and it has nothing to do with detroit.

Has any one gone thru similar kind of situation. Has any one heard of such transfer of cases from one service center to another and any reason known for doing such transfers.

Suresh