Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Wellwisher2002,

Congratulations!!
Mine is becoming 13 month since it got transferred.....hope I could get it soon too.
Is there anyone who were transferred more than a year??

Thanks to all for being with me throughout the toughest journey I ever had in my life..and wish you all for getting the same I letter very soon. Actually I was in a meeting and kind of busy in some office stuff. Good news is ..that Office may move just after (during) the thanks giving. This may trigger unexpected ....like shceduling fast interviews ... I have some questions ..but I will ask tomorrow ...right now again I am going for another meeting....sorry for replying late...talk to you guys tomorrow... In the mean time if any one can answer my questions as above...that will really give me some confidence..
Thanks again for everything...

Wellwisher2002,

Congratulations!!
Mine is becoming more than 13 months since it got transferred!!!!!!

Thanks again to everybody...(URGENT...)
Here are some questions ...I will really appreciate if any one can answer these especially who has already gone through this phase:

-Redo F.P for my wife only but not me ..Have they done any mistake. Should I call them back..we both had done in Jan 2004 (IInd FP)

-Medical Results for my Daughter only (Can I take copy of last medical results or should I go and re-do again. They said that if you don't have even then appear for an interview)

-Merriage Registry (What is this? Is this different with Marriage Certificate)

-What time should I reach there..early 5 AM .. My Interview time is 1:00PM mentioned on the letter.

Thanks in advance...

answer for my case inquiry

My attorney contacted Arlington office through liaison last week not just for my case but also for many cases waiting for interview in his office and got email saying that they have no slot for interview left for December and earlist possible interview date is Jan. 2005.

The liason will have a meeting at the end of this year again, so hope to hear some more news at that time.

--
RD: Aug 02
TD: Jan 04

Everytime someone calls them , DC office gives vague and wierd answers. Probably the best thing would be to record thier replies in an excel sheet everytime one calls them and give them the synopsis of their previously quotes views.

Senator offices call them and they have been giving vague answers to them too. What does this all account to?

:(

Its a good idea to capture it in spreadsheet. And send this an postal mail to the local office. I don't know what would be the impact because of it but.

Regarding my case as i mentioned the senators office received fax from local office that they will schedule interview between December or early 05. But looks like people saying in this forum that december they will not schedule interviews. Looks like it could be early jan 05 or may be late for me too. I am seeing the trend for people who are receiving interview letters its taking 7-10 months to get interview letter. How would they will schedule my interview Dec or jan 05 by that time i would 4-5 months thats it.

-Redo F.P for my wife only but not me ..Have they done any mistake. Should I call them back..we both had done in Jan 2004 (IInd FP)

Ans: I don't know the deal with this. When they have asked 2nd FP for your wife, just do it blindly. Don't even question why. There is always a reason behind everything.

-Medical Results for my Daughter only (Can I take copy of last medical results or should I go and re-do again. They said that if you don't have even then appear for an interview)

Ans: Consult your lawyer. If the family had done medical together then why are they asking medical results for daughter. Are the results missing from your file? Might be..consult your lawyer and see what they have to say. when they have said appear for the interview inspite of not having the copy of medical, then why worry. Just take a copy..my 2c

-Marriage Registry (What is this? Is this different with Marriage Certificate)
Ans: no clue about this. I would search all forums or post this question. Someone who has been thru this might help you out.

-What time should I reach there..early 5 AM .. My Interview time is 1:00PM mentioned on the letter.
Ans: When you have been already scheduled for 1pm. Just be there around 12:30 pm. People who don't have appointments go there in the morning where to get a ticket for meeting with an immigration officer.

Thanks in advance...[/QUOTE]

I got my ead renewed last week. As usual it was a pain going to that office . One tip for anyone who is going for the ead renewal, be there half an hour early. Now if your appointment is for 9:00 clock they collect the approval letter around 8:45 and if you get there at nine you have to wait for them to process every one (meaning when they(9:00 clock appointment) are done and left then the person comes out to pick up new letter from the table in the waiting room. The person who takes the letter from the table is doing some other things related to making those eads so be there early otherwise you will have to wait for thirty to forty minutes.

I saw that fat women(second floor info desk lady) in the waiting room. I believe she speaks spanish so any one who speaks spanish here should try it on her, may be she will help you more. Senator's office is working on my case and hopefully I will hear something soon.

About new office

Any Body have any idea, when this Local INS is starting operations at new office?, does anybody have new office address...
Thanks...

Thank you so much H1Blayoff for all your valuable answers. Really ...will help me to proceed with....I will also search for Marriage Registry in the Fourms...but in the mean time ..I would really appreciate if you get some thing realted to this ..pass on to me...

Did they ask you to bring Marriage certificate / Marriage Registry etc.?

Thanks again for everything..

2nd FP: My wife did FP twice, too. Her FP is not clear, so she had a difficulty even when she first did FP. After several trials, they got the best FP they could get and they sent the obtained FP. However, FBI (I think) was still not satified with that and they asked the second FP. However, they told us that they do not require more than twice even if the second one is still not good.

Marrage certificate and registry: I don't know how to respond on these requests, but the difference is that the certificate is obtained before actual marrage and registery is done after you actually marry.

Thanks quick and fast....I do have marriage certificate from the Registrar office (India)...but still wanted to confirm if any thing has to do in U.S to get this or...that is sufficient..

One last but very Important question for H1Blayoff or who has already been Interviewed ---> Do I have to carry PHOTOGRAPHS along with ... if yes then what type of ...the one we use for EAD like from the right side or normal from the front side.

Thanks in advance to all

EAD renew process in local office

Hi, ZKHAN,

Do you mean you have to go to the local office to get the new EAD after it's approved? How long did it take to get the approval letter? When did you mailed the application to the local office, or did you mail it to the service center?

I mailed my EAD renew application on 11/4/04, but havn't got anything from them yet, no receipt. But they've cashed my check. Did you receive any receipt before you got the approval letter?

My current EAD is expiring on 1/14/05, and I am using the EAD to work. Does any one here knows about the interm EAD in this local office?

Thanks a lot in advance, I would really appreciate any of your answer.

ZKHAN said:
I got my ead renewed last week. As usual it was a pain going to that office . One tip for anyone who is going for the ead renewal, be there half an hour early. Now if your appointment is for 9:00 clock they collect the approval letter around 8:45 and if you get there at nine you have to wait for them to process every one (meaning when they(9:00 clock appointment) are done and left then the person comes out to pick up new letter from the table in the waiting room. The person who takes the letter from the table is doing some other things related to making those eads so be there early otherwise you will have to wait for thirty to forty minutes.

I saw that fat women(second floor info desk lady) in the waiting room. I believe she speaks spanish so any one who speaks spanish here should try it on her, may be she will help you more. Senator's office is working on my case and hopefully I will hear something soon.

Looks like you (PeaceInSpirit) misunderstood...Not for EAD ..also didn't get approval..but received an Interview letter after getting transferred to Arlington from VSC.

I think Mr Zkhan recently visited Local office for Intrim EAD and can explain better than us...best of luck.

Thanks

It looks like we both are in same boat..

PeaceInSpirit,

VSC center has recived my EAD renewal on 10/27,I have got receipt note with date 10/28. they sent it to local INS along with my I-485 on 11/11/04, i received a receipt from VSC. current EAD is expering on 01/25/05.
I have questions same like you .., please share with me/us if you find anything on this any time and i will do the same..

Thanks..

PeaceInSpirit said:
Hi, ZKHAN,

Do you mean you have to go to the local office to get the new EAD after it's approved? How long did it take to get the approval letter? When did you mailed the application to the local office, or did you mail it to the service center?

I mailed my EAD renew application on 11/4/04, but havn't got anything from them yet, no receipt. But they've cashed my check. Did you receive any receipt before you got the approval letter?

My current EAD is expiring on 1/14/05, and I am using the EAD to work. Does any one here knows about the interm EAD in this local office?

Thanks a lot in advance, I would really appreciate any of your answer.

You don't need photographs for the interview. I would just double check on this forum again just to make sure.