Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

All set...

We are all set. my wife and son also got card today.

Thanks,

Wish you all get GC very soon.. Especially old PD should get before oct 2007.

Again, congrats!

wheretogo, congrats again -- wish you all the best with your life and career.

Also update with madgu's wife approval today. Once again, congratulations!

We are all set. my wife and son also got card today.

Thanks,

Wish you all get GC very soon.. Especially old PD should get before oct 2007.

Hi geofu, goody and all,

Here is an update on my spouse case

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 29, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congrats madgu-gc2005

What is the sequence of email, when should I start worry about Card ordered email, does it comes for everybody

Hi geofu, goody and all,

Here is an update on my spouse case

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 29, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

There is really no consistency with the number, order, and types of emails. I myself didn't get the "card ordered" email (but my spouse did), and I saw a few guys here who never got the "card ordered" or "card mailed" email before they received their physical card.

Generally, the norm these days seems to be about a week or so since the first email before you get your physical card. So if it looks like taking too long (like 2 weeks and no news), you may want to check with CIS if they have your FP uploaded in the system (since you have FP this May).

Congrats madgu-gc2005

What is the sequence of email, when should I start worry about Card ordered email, does it comes for everybody

Congrats madgu-gc2005

Still Alive:

There is no sequence in their process. In my case i got the approval notice email and then card mailed email. That is it. I received my card alongwith welcome notice on the same day (everthing happened within 9 days).

Nowadays things have changed since lots of approval and their workload might be more. so you may not expect the same sequence as what others have got.

YOu will get your card. :) Don't worry.

Card received

Card received for the spouse today, along with which comes the welcome notice (now finally it's 100% true). So... it's about a week, in line with the norm these days. She never got the "card mailed" email, but two LUDs without message changes.

Haven't received the approval notice yet. Per the email message it was mailed on the 28th, so it should arrive soon.

Then I remember... when I got approved, I received the card and the approval notice (and a brochure). No "welcome notice" or such an email. So this welcome notice thing is something relatively new?

Anyway, thank you guys. I really hope people waiting long or their loved ones not approved yet will hear good news soon.

Oh and one more thing...

Her AP (filed on 7/26) is still pending. We expect to receive a rejection notice for it sometime (due to the current AP/EAD floods though it will probably take long). She filed it because we really couldn't see when I-485 would ever get approved, there would be the fee raise at the end of July, and she didn't have an H1-b sticker. But we also hoped it might some way or other trigger the I-485 case because I saw some people mentioning that in some forums here. Don't know if it worked that way.

There was a news entry in immigration-law about the sequence of emails, a few years ago. If the biometrics information is available at the time of approval, welcome email can directly be generated and physical card will follow either with or without card ordered/mailed. If biometrics information is not current or is current but system not updated, they will send approval email and then when the system gets updated with the biometrics, wecome/card ordered/mailed emails and physical card will be sent out.

update

OK, I dont know why my message last week did not get posted. The update is that we did as you asked geofu and got to talk to a lady. She didnt seem to know much about why our case was not processed. But she opened a SR for us and said that if we dont hear anything in 30 days, we should call again.
I wanted to know if this 30 day wait period is standard or is there anything else we can do before that.

Anya,

Try the following to call them.

Call 1-800-375-5283
Then choose 1-2-2-6-1
Enter your receipt no
Then 1
Listen to auto message and the like.
Then press 3
Then press 4.
You will hear something to the effect “Welcome to TSC” or "Texas Service Center." By this you can confirm that you are now connected to TSC. You will most likely hear a stupid waiting music hereafter. Be patient till you get hold of an IO.

During the process, they do say it must be an applicant him/herself, or his/her representative or guardian. You can still call as long as your husband is present there.

You may get a useless bitch/@sshole if you are unlucky, but don't get upset... hang up and try sometime later.

Hi Anya

That's probably because one of the pre-consolidated threads was bumped up and posts were scattered as people were confused. Your previous update must be in the old thread... I'll try to bring relevant posts there to this thread later.

Anyway -- so are you sure you were connected to TSC (not to National Service Center), right? Hopefully, the lady didn't see on the computer screen any problem with your husband's case that has to keep it from getting processed, so initiated a SR for you (did she mention anything about your husband's security check status?).

I think 30 days or 60 days are standard answers. While SR is in place you can still make an infopass appointment to check your husband's processing/security check status. Or congressional inquiry.

Hope SR will help his case move forward.

OK, I dont know why my message last week did not get posted. The update is that we did as you asked geofu and got to talk to a lady. She didnt seem to know much about why our case was not processed. But she opened a SR for us and said that if we dont hear anything in 30 days, we should call again.
I wanted to know if this 30 day wait period is standard or is there anything else we can do before that.

Hi geofu and others,

Just an update

on Aug. 31, 2007 an approval notice sent for my spouse case. See below my signature.

Thanks geofu. We are sure that we were at TSC. The lady tried looking up the file and did not see any problem. She then transferred my husband to another woman who she thought might have more info. But again, no records of any problems. The second lady said she could not access security check records so could not tell anything about it. Therefore she started the SR.

We will get the infopass as you suggest. A congressional inquiry was initiated by my husband in Aug., but no response. And the congressman's office says we have to wait 60 days before they follow up.

That's probably because one of the pre-consolidated threads was bumped up and posts were scattered as people were confused. Your previous update must be in the old thread... I'll try to bring relevant posts there to this thread later.

Anyway -- so are you sure you were connected to TSC (not to National Service Center), right? Hopefully, the lady didn't see on the computer screen any problem with your husband's case that has to keep it from getting processed, so initiated a SR for you (did she mention anything about your husband's security check status?).

I think 30 days or 60 days are standard answers. While SR is in place you can still make an infopass appointment to check your husband's processing/security check status. Or congressional inquiry.

Hope SR will help his case move forward.

I also did the SR for my spouse at National Service Center on 30th August.
I called that week one day TSC IO said all security checks are cleared and other day she says all pending. Just hang in here for some time ;(

Son got Biometrics

My son's got apporved, But card not sent , now we got his appointment for his biometrics.