Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

By entering 6 at the last step, I came to the message saying that you must be the applicant or representative to proceed further. Is this normal? If yes, then I'll get my husband to call. I'd called "1-800-375-5283"

anya!

call 1-800 number and follow this order

1-2-6 listen the automated message. they will ask you to press your receipt #. you are not going to talk to the live person.

you can try this.

Anya,

Try the following to call them.

Call 1-800-375-5283
Then choose 1-2-2-6-1
Enter your receipt no
Then 1
Listen to auto message and the like.
Then press 3
Then press 4.
You will hear something to the effect “Welcome to TSC” or "Texas Service Center." By this you can confirm that you are now connected to TSC. You will most likely hear a stupid waiting music hereafter. Be patient till you get hold of an IO.

During the process, they do say it must be an applicant him/herself, or his/her representative or guardian. You can still call as long as your husband is present there.

You may get a useless bitch/@sshole if you are unlucky, but don't get upset... hang up and try sometime later.

OK Got it. The automated message says Mesquite, Texas.

StillAlive and catch_22_4_GC, congratulations on your approvals! Your cases just got approved, so hopefully your dependents will hear good news soon too (catch_22_4_GC, I think the LUD is a good sign).

There does not seem to be any special way to get derivatives approved... we called, wrote, called, wrote.

Here's one of the letters we wrote.

For people who are considering writing to their senator/congressman about their pending derivative case(s), here is one of the letters we sent to our senator early June with my name (my spouse sent a modified version of this letter to Ombudsman with her own name). Feel free to modify and personalize it for your use. We also sent another letter to the senator when the 7/2 fiasco happened, so that one was a little too specific about that situation to be a general template.

As for writing to congresspersons, you would also need to complete a privacy authorization form that gives your congressperson's staff the authority to handle your request. Go to your his/her website for instruction. As for Ombudsman, attach a completed form 7001 too.

If you live near your congressperson's office and have time to stop by, though, it may be better to call up and meet and talk with the staff directly. Also, if your derivative's processing delays due to NC pending, it might be better to write to Laura Bush. It might or might not work, but it would not hurt to give it a try.

[Your name]
[Your address]
[Your phone number]​

Senator [Senator’s name]
[Senator’s case work office address]

[date]

Request for assistance in resolving my wife’s pending immigration case (I-485)

Dear Senator [Senator’s name]:

I am writing to request your office to assist in inquiring with USCIS about the current processing status of my wife’s immigration application.

On [Your RD here], my wife and I submitted our application for permanent residency (I-485) to the USCIS Texas Service Center, with myself as the primary beneficiary of an employer-sponsored petition and my wife as the derivative applicant. Normally, such cases are approved by USCIS at the same time. However, my wife’s application is still pending long after my own application alone was approved on [Your approval date].

We contacted USCIS [Your CIS local office name] office on [Visit date] and learned that my wife’s security checks had been cleared in [Name check clear date/time] and that her case already had been “pre-adjudicated” for approval and assigned to a USCIS officer. Even the local USCIS officer who talked to us did not seem to understand why such a case was still pending when the primary applicant already had been approved for permanent residency. However, we have not heard anything about my wife’s case since our last inquiry at the USCIS [Your CIS local office name] office.

When President Bush took office, he directed USCIS to reduce the processing time for immigration applications to 6 months. Yet, there are cases like my wife’s application that are inexplicably delayed in their processing. Since my wife’s case has been delayed without any clear grounds long after my own case was approved, we would like to request your assistance in investigating what problems, bureaucratic or otherwise, have been keeping my wife’s application from being duly processed for adjudication in a timely manner.

It would be greatly appreciated if your office could inquire into my wife’s pending immigration case at the USCIS Texas Service Center and provide faster resolution to our problem with USCIS. The information for my wife’s case is included below:

Name: [Derivative name]
A-number: [Derivative A number]
Date of Birth: [Derivative DOB]
Date/Place of Application: [Derivative RD] at Texas Service Center (TSC)
Receipt Number: SRC[Derivative’s receipt number]
Finger Printing Date: [Derivative’s FP date]

I will also include information about the primary beneficiary’s application (mine) in case it may help your office in making any inquires to USCIS:

Name: [Primary name]
A-number: [Primary A number]
Date of Birth: [Primary DOB]
Date/Place of Application: [Primary RD] at Texas Service Center (TSC)
Receipt Number: SRC[Primary’s receipt number]
Finger Printing Date: [Primary’s FP date]

Please inform us if any additional information is needed from us. I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide on this matter.

Best regards,

[Your name, signature]

Last edited by a moderator:
look at my case too. ours got separated. recently USCIS has sent GREEN CARD to an applicant whose PD is not current. How is it? that is USCIS :)

i have not yet started writing to senators/congressman..... I will wait another month.

Hi geofu, good_y and all,

OUr GC journey ended. Just now I got an email from CRIS saying that card production ordered for my spouse.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 28, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

We are going to have a great weekend :) I wish our fellow members get their approval soon.

Congratulations!!!!!

madgu!!!! WOOO, CONGRATULATIONS! I believed it wouldn't be long, but finally! I'm so happy for you and the wife. You guys should go out for celebration!

Enjoy your new life with freedom... I'll update your wife's approval in the sheet later. :)

Hi geofu, good_y and all,

OUr GC journey ended. Just now I got an email from CRIS saying that card production ordered for my spouse.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 28, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

We are going to have a great weekend :) I wish our fellow members get their approval soon.

Looks like my action might have some reaction or it is accidental.

See my signature for dependents

StillAlive and catch_22_4_GC, congratulations on your approvals! Your cases just got approved, so hopefully your dependents will hear good news soon too (catch_22_4_GC, I think the LUD is a good sign).

There does not seem to be any special way to get derivatives approved... we called, wrote, called, wrote.