Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

geofu54

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

This is a thread to track cases that are waiting for derivative's I-485 approval. madgu_gc2005 first started a thread for this topic, but since recently there seems to be an increase in the number of people with their derivative pending after their own approval, I have consolidated the recent four threads about the topic and created a spreadsheet, with the hope it helps us follow such cases and it might give us some clue what is going on.

The old threads are here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250524
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=257554
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=257647
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=258230

Please do update the file.Also please add your case if you are having the same problem too. When you update the file, please make sure you use the most newly uploaded file (for version control purpose)

Thanks!
geo

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to infopass tomorrow, bdwr? If so let us know how it goes.

Also people, to track cases, we'd appreciate it if you update info such as PD, RD, name check status, 2nd FP done or not if 1st expired, and what status your depending derivative is on now (for some cases I was only able to find primary's AD and the fact the dependent is pending).

Nice Job Geo... Have any of you guys called Io_Or Infopass...Please share your experience....

count me in.. self & spouse got approval on 7/18 but son(5 yrs) is still pending. when I called IO, she said case is under review and she would send an email to the supervisor of the IO who approved our cases. Not sure how that helps..

Added new cases

Three new cases added... including yours, rainbow. Let us now if there's any new development, but I think your son's approval is just a matter of time.

I went today, But of no use in newark..
There was a old chini guy....all i heared was you get it you get it you get it...
on thing he said was every thing clear in your case...and he said being there were lot of transfer in tsc they are working on it

digital photographs

Derivatives under the age of 14 are not getting approved because of the absence of the digital photographs in their files. TSC is in process of sending BIO notice to these applicants in next 10-14 days. This is as per my conversation with TSC IO today.

At this point, we should try whatever we can with the hope maybe one of our attempts may work...

I don't remember I've ever heard anything too good about NJ congresspersons, but it might help to ask their casework office to inquire. We asked one of our Senators in the middle of last month (they were quick to respond. At that point, they said it was with an officer and a decision would be within 30 days). Then the situation completely changed with the publication of July Bulletin, we asked them to investigate what is going on. They acknowledged the receipt of our letter and we are waiting for the inquiry result.

Also we wrote to the CIS Ombudsman last month and we got a reply today. They initiated a formal inquiry for us (we are glad, sort of, given that the processing date keeps moving backwords these days). You may want to try this route if you haven't yet. Your case is old, you have waited long enough, everything is clear... you have a strong case to make. Their inquiry may trigger something good.

Good luck dbwr.

I went today, But of no use in newark..
There was a old chini guy....all i heared was you get it you get it you get it...
on thing he said was every thing clear in your case...and he said being there were lot of transfer in tsc they are working on it

Good news... as far as we can track so far, we have 3 (or 4?) people whose kids are pending. Those people will hear from them soon.

Derivatives under the age of 14 are not getting approved because of the absence of the digital photographs in their files. TSC is in process of sending BIO notice to these applicants in next 10-14 days. This is as per my conversation with TSC IO today.

I can't figure out how to edit the xls. I think its a problem with Vista - it won't let me save it.
Anyway, I would be much obliged if someone can enter my details:

485 ND 11/24/2004 RD 11/28/2004
Primary Approved 6/25/2005
Derivative Status - EAD
No RFES
first FP Apr 05 - Second FP May 07
Name Check cleared as per TSC IO when last called on 6/25/2007
File Assigned to IO - no idea if visa number assigned. Infopass scheduled for Aug 2nd to find out.

I think that's it. Thanks in advance.

no_idEAS.

My son was 12 year at the time of filing I 485 and never get biometric for him. We have second FP in May 2007 and got approved on 7/13/07. I don't know, whether they have alloted visa number to kids under 14?

I called IO at TSC today as my spouse case has not been approved and I got my GC more than 2 months ago. The lady told me that the finger print is missing in the file (??) and she also said that the NC is cleared. So, I wonder how the NC can be cleared when the FP is missing? Also, she said that they will issue a letter by mail for FP and I should received it within 30 days. Anyone has this experience before?? Since my spouse EAD is expiring next month, we are in stress!!...:(

Can you tell me your visa category, and nationality if you don't mind it.

I can't figure out how to edit the xls. I think its a problem with Vista - it won't let me save it.
Anyway, I would be much obliged if someone can enter my details:

485 ND 11/24/2004 RD 11/28/2004
Primary Approved 6/25/2005
Derivative Status - EAD
No RFES
first FP Apr 05 - Second FP May 07
Name Check cleared as per TSC IO when last called on 6/25/2007
File Assigned to IO - no idea if visa number assigned. Infopass scheduled for Aug 2nd to find out.

I think that's it. Thanks in advance.

no_idEAS.

I don't know what exactly that means, but I've seen quite a lot of such cases in the forums here recently. NC and FP are two different things, so it is theoretically possible. What makes us scratch our head though is how they could possibly lose it ("missing" is, to me, an euphemism...)

I called IO at TSC today as my spouse case has not been approved and I got my GC more than 2 months ago. The lady told me that the finger print is missing in the file (??) and she also said that the NC is cleared. So, I wonder how the NC can be cleared when the FP is missing? Also, she said that they will issue a letter by mail for FP and I should received it within 30 days. Anyone has this experience before?? Since my spouse EAD is expiring next month, we are in stress!!...:(

I see lot of cases atleast (30%) in which the primary is approved and derivative is pending, more specially in transferred cases from VSC to TSC(60-70%). What ever is the reason, its good that primary is approved. That way one visa number of the spouse is saved and can be used for one more primary applicant. Probably next year if get new Rule not to count dependent numbers we will not hurt other people standing in queue by taking numbers of dependents.

I called IO at TSC today as my spouse case has not been approved and I got my GC more than 2 months ago. The lady told me that the finger print is missing in the file (??) and she also said that the NC is cleared. So, I wonder how the NC can be cleared when the FP is missing? Also, she said that they will issue a letter by mail for FP and I should received it within 30 days. Anyone has this experience before?? Since my spouse EAD is expiring next month, we are in stress!!...
We had the same problem. My wife did not receive the FP notice. I did, went for my FP and got my GC. we kept calling TSC, went for Infopass, and created a service request. Finally, they sent us the FP. It went to the old address twice, and maybe because of the service request, they digged out the correct address from the USCIS and sent again. Even though the address was correct with USCIS, it went to our old address.

One step you can do is to go to the application service center where you did you FP, and plead them to check their system to see if any FP was generated. I was not successfull, but if you are lucky, they can find the old one and print it out for you.