Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

I am certainly not willing to wait for the new FY.

Me neither -- then again, we've been trying for the past six months for no result, so we wouldn't be surprised if it's not done by the end of this FY :(

At any rate, we'll contact (follow-up) Ombudsman again soon and also talk to Senator again (explaining the September BV).

Hi geofu,

There is no order in 485 approval. Because one of my friend who filed his 485 with his family in the last week of sep. 2005 under EB-2 NIW (he is from india) got his approval yesterday. Is it not strange?

An IO at local office has told us that the case was sitting with an Adj. Officer from Aug 9. :confused: I made several calls directly to TSC during last couple of weeks, but all of TSC IIOs told me that the case had not been assigned by that time. What a mess their database. They can't figure out a simple thing out of it.

Has anybody tried to send a complaint to Evelyn Upchurch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, wow

Guess what -- we just got an approval email at 8:15 PM, EST ("Card Production Ordered"). So what the he11 was her conversation with a TSC IO today (see below)? We totally have no idea.

When my case got approved, I got a bunch of the same emails, but this time only one email for her. Perhaps they got a bug fixed or anything? We cannot believe this 100% until we actually receive her physical card. Once that happens, I guess I can finally feel like celebrating my own approval a half year ago. But we are still cautious because it is CIS.

As I posted before, once the six months line passed, we tried infopass (twice), POJ (five times, including today), Ombudsman (once), and one of our Senators (twice). Besides Ombudsman whose inquiry to CIS returned their reply about my approved case), all almost consistently agreed.

It started with "Her security check got cleared last October, everything was clear and there was no problem". That should be true (Infopass officers showed us the computer screen and we confirmed). Then, in May to June, they said "the case was assigned to an officer."

Then in July and August, "no number was allotted and will have to wait till October." Now if this is really an approval, I just don't know who was telling the truth or what database they were looking at.

Anyway, we will see if other emails will arrive in the next couple of days as they are supposed to.

Thanks people. I'll keep you posted.

(I'll update the sheet right away... more than a few new cases have been posted last few days).

Just to get an idea where the case is at this point now that the Sep Bulletin was published. It took the shortest ever before we got hold of an IO (like 2 or 3 minutes wait). Quite a standard reply, that is,

(1) No number allotted
(2) No officer assigned at this time
(3) Everything clear, a number should be allotted on 10/1.

So, from May to June, her case was with an officer, but not anymore at this point. So apparently it was kicked out of the adjudication queue when the 7/2 happened (or right after the July Bulletin publication, I'd guess).

Looks like we gotta wait for 10/1.

Thanks much -- clearly, we gotta take what those IOs say with a goddamn huge grain of salt. So just don't believe the "not assigned to an officer" song as is. They either (a) don't know what they are talking about, or (b) cannot read English shown on the screen, or (c) sing the same song like a broken record no matter what they see on the screen. Really, WTF. Hopefully our pattern applies to you and you will hear good news soon.

(p.s., We've never written to Upchurch, but we did to Senators/Congresspersons about how awful the whole thing is for us [not regarding our specific cases but as a general description of the system).

Congratulations to your wife (and you of course :-D) !!!

Thanks

Thanks madgu. We got another email this morning.

I suspect that it was true my spouse's case indeed did not have a number at the point of 7/2, as Senator's reply said, but that it was put into the (sort of) "next group."
Now it is around the end of August bulletin, and some categories/countries will be retrogressed next month, and perhaps (I'm guessing here) she got a number from people who got one on 7/2 but don't seem to get FBI cleared by the end of this month and will be retrogressed next month. Just my guess. Or perhaps there cannot be any reasonable explanation -- it may well be just a random thing (it's USCIS).

I hope your wife will get it approved soon. She deserves it -- and it's about f**kin time isn't it? Keep me posted.

geo

geofu!

Congrats!!!!

Hi geofu,

I called the customer service to find out the status of my wife's case. the message says the case is pending at TSC. But the online message does not say that (The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.). If nothing happens in the first week of Sep. 2007 I will start sending/contacting- mails/faxes/infopass/senator's office. There is no order in their processing.

Pending at USCIS Office

our message changed to 'pending at USCIS office" also. Did not see any LUDs though.

I saw it

Madgu,

I saw it. That is when I went back and cheked my status again. Before that I'd not noticed the change from TSC to USCIS office. Another thing is that we've not had any LUDs since the case transferred date in march. Not even after FP. Even now the date doesnt reflect this change in message, so I dont know how long our case has been at this new office.
anya!

see my posting #68. pending at USCIS office. which office? i do not know. before that the message was at TSC.

anya,

did you call customer service (1-800**) to know your status? I called and the message says my wife's case is at mesquit, Texas. the online message is very confusing. After FP was done in May 2007 there were couple of LUDs. After that got one LUD on July 30 followed by 31 and Aug. 1, 2007. There was LUD in my approved I-140 EB-1EA on Aug. 12, 2007. do not know the reason why?

madgu (and anya), did you talk to an IO when you called? Or did you hear their auto message? If the latter, I think you should talk to an IO and make sure what that online message exactly means and where her case is now.

anya,

did you call customer service (1-800**) to know your status? I called and the message says my wife's case is at mesquit, Texas. the online message is very confusing. After FP was done in May 2007 there were couple of LUDs. After that got one LUD on July 30 followed by 31 and Aug. 1, 2007. There was LUD in my approved I-140 EB-1EA on Aug. 12, 2007. do not know the reason why?

Oh, and I forgot to mention it

madgu, while you were away staying in India, there were some waves of mass I-140 LUD's, which included LUD's for already approved I-140. Mine got one on 7/28, which was the case for many 2006 filers. Earlier in July, earlier filers. The waves seemed to pretty much correspond to each filing years. Moreover, there was also a mass LUD thing for AP/EAD. People have no idea why that happened.

Magdu (and geofu54),
We did call the 1-800 # and spoke to some one about 2 weeks ago. It was a very brief and rude talk and the lady only told us that the case was transferred to Texas. She wouldnt answer any other questions and told us not to call for another 3 months.
Since then we have also submitted renewal for AP and EAD (due in Nov.) and the checks have been cashed. Plus our senator office has wriiten to chek on the status. I wonder if this change in message is somehow related to all of this.
anya,

anya!

call 1-800 number and follow this order

1-2-6 listen the automated message. they will ask you to press your receipt #. you are not going to talk to the live person.

you can try this.

madgu, while you were away staying in India, there were some waves of mass I-140 LUD's, which included LUD's for already approved I-140. Mine got one on 7/28, which was the case for many 2006 filers. Earlier in July, earlier filers. The waves seemed to pretty much correspond to each filing years. Moreover, there was also a mass LUD thing for AP/EAD. People have no idea why that happened.

Thank you geofu. some got LUD on their approved AP, EAD on the same day. weird!!!