Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

Wife's 485 Pending...........

I am in the same boat, I got my card on 07/21/07, when called about my wife's case TSC is saying no visa numbers. Not sure what to do. Any Ideas???

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you are saying and do not necessarily disagree. Quite technically though, at the stage of I-485, derivatives should not be "penalized" simply because they are derivatives (unless there is any clear regulation to that effect). It is the current system, not derivatives, that hurts primaries in queue by counting each I-485 case independently into the total whereas on the other hand admitting applicants as a derivative beneficiary.

I guess the whole thing is, they are far from strict about FIFO, the annual numeric limit is way too small, and derivatives are counted into that total. My expectation about next year is not very high (as another political season is coming our way... I'm curious what makes you feel "probably" :)), but this is definitely what we want next, after the success in the July Bulletin thing.

I see lot of cases atleast (30%) in which the primary is approved and derivative is pending, more specially in transferred cases from VSC to TSC(60-70%). What ever is the reason, its good that primary is approved. That way one visa number of the spouse is saved and can be used for one more primary applicant. Probably next year if get new Rule not to count dependent numbers we will not hurt other people standing in queue by taking numbers of dependents.

I saw a LUD (first time after his case xfer) on my son's pending case today.. Does any body has LUD after primary approvals for their kids?

I have seen few derivative cases get approved while primary still pending!! there is no logic behind that

Senator's office reply

This is what his office got from CIS officers (yes, it was plural in the reply letter).

A visa number was not requested for her application before the cut-off date on July the 2nd, 2007. Her application cannot be processed at this time. It's expected that more visa numbers will become available on October the 1st, 2007.

So, looks like there is nothing we can do about this till October (if EB2 ROW becomes current then, that is). We will still keep writing letters to Senators about the SKIL etc, but as for her case per se, we gotta forget about it the next two months.

So when it comes to this thing, Infopass was wrong and TSC IO (via POJ) was right (but our infopass was right after the fiasco, so it's understandable if they were still confused about what was going on).

Good luck to everyone waiting for their derivative's approval... especially old PD/RD people.

geo

It's sad to see familiar name in this thread. I don't understand why they won't process the primary and derivative applications once.

Since my wife was not in US so I had to apply for I824. After calling today I found out that the case was touched last month (last LUD 06/03/07)

I hope the good news for all of us are in near future. I guess I am just being too optimistic this night :=)

Bump

Hi guys, just bumping... can you add your info if you are waiting for your derivative's approval, or update your info if you saw new development? Thanks!

Please add this one too

For me and spouse, we got the GC and approval letters last week. One of my daughters (9 yrs) also got courtesy copy of the approval notice Friday the 27th. The case of my other daughter (14 yrs) has no updates yet. Her status had a LUD of 7/14/2007 but the content was still the old message "on 21st March we mailed a document". I am totally confused about her situation. Our situation is unique as we did not file for their EAD so far. So no FP and pics. Is that a concern?? Sharing your knowledge and / or experience will be appreciated.

To add to this situation, we received three email messages for the approved ones stating the final document mailed has been undelivered. The PO returned etc. What is this last communication that is undelivered when they can deliver the approval notice and GC!! Has any seen or heard of similar situation?? Please advise. Thanks.

That probablity comes from the fact that the Immigration bill is failing in House repeatedly since 3 years and is being approved in Senate. Especially not many in washington are against EB immigration. And I think now, corporate world will lobby for EB immigration once again next year and AILA and other pro-immigrant communities will support it as usual. The main different would be it is election year so expect some good news.

I see what you are saying and do not necessarily disagree. Quite technically though, at the stage of I-485, derivatives should not be "penalized" simply because they are derivatives (unless there is any clear regulation to that effect). It is the current system, not derivatives, that hurts primaries in queue by counting each I-485 case independently into the total whereas on the other hand admitting applicants as a derivative beneficiary.

I guess the whole thing is, they are far from strict about FIFO, the annual numeric limit is way too small, and derivatives are counted into that total. My expectation about next year is not very high (as another political season is coming our way... I'm curious what makes you feel "probably" :)), but this is definitely what we want next, after the success in the July Bulletin thing.

I hope your probability will become real. Although, I think the elections will delay any real legislative action even further; candidates want to sell themselves more as "pro US worker" than "pro immigrants" in elections. But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Will update the file later. Guys, if you don't see your case in the file please add yours. Thanks.

That probablity comes from the fact that the Immigration bill is failing in House repeatedly since 3 years and is being approved in Senate. Especially not many in washington are against EB immigration. And I think now, corporate world will lobby for EB immigration once again next year and AILA and other pro-immigrant communities will support it as usual. The main different would be it is election year so expect some good news.

I485 approved for primary - transfer from CSC to TSC

My husbands I485 was approved on July 25th. We received the card yesterday. Mine is still pending. Went for Infopass today and was told that my case is with an officer. The interesting part is my name check was cleared August 2006 and his was cleared the end of june 2007.

PD - Nov 2000
RD - March 2006
FP - June 2006
AD for primary - July 25 2007
Spouse - ?

Add recent few cases

after140,

There are some people whose spouse has it still pending despite their NC clearance. I personally suspect/speculate they leave some derivative cases on the shelf as they are calibrating numbers. Then again there are cases where spouse/derivative cases are approved together, so I'm not really sure. I want to know if there is any pattern between lucky and unlucky derivatives.

I don't see any definitive pattern but mostly a missing file between applicants and the hurry burry approvals they had to send out in June ending and July beginning. In our case atleast it is medical RFE.
after140,

There are some people whose spouse has it still pending despite their NC clearance. I personally suspect/speculate they leave some derivative cases on the shelf as they are calibrating numbers. Then again there are cases where spouse/derivative cases are approved together, so I'm not really sure. I want to know if there is any pattern between lucky and unlucky derivatives.

Pls add my spouse case too. Her case is still pending. Not sure whats the reason thats its still holding back. No LUDs after the 3/15.

Spouse pending approval

Add me to the list as well. My I-485 approved on 7/27, card received on 3/8. My spouse's approval still pending.

InfoPass

We went local INS by InfoPass on Friday. IO told my wife and son cases are in "exam area". IO created SR to findout status. and told us.. wait for 30 days otherwise come back again by InfoPass appointment.