TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

Information on i 140 receipt

Hi,

Is this spreadsheet still the current one? Can I enter my information? I recently applied for i 140 thro CP and have a receipt date.

Please let me know,
Thanks,
Dilbert

Re: re:

My lawyer asked for my work experience letters only at the time of applying for I140. When applying for labor, he just took a copy of my resume.

Please research more, my feeling is that one does not need work experience letters during labor certification process since labor clearance is "job specific" and not "employee specific".

titu

Originally posted by I140helppls
all .
i am planning to start my labor again from iowa for future employment and then file 140/485 at the NSC. after labor is approved i would join the company. the problem is that how do i give the experience letter from my cureent company. i guess it would be needed for applying labor .my current employer will not give the letter to me .

Hi Eppudu

What column of 485 application needs the letter from employer???

Check BCIS website for desired documents. It does not mention letter from employer.

If you are filing based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States, you should submit the following:

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
G-325A, Biographic Information
Copy of your I-797, Notice of Action, showing that your I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, has been received or approved by INS (As of July 31, 2002, an interim rule was published in the Federal Register allows for concurrent filing of Form I-485 with Form I-140, if a visa number is immediately available.
I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status
All required supporting documentation as listed on the forms

I believe your employer is using delay tactics (to keep you hooked longer with the co.) Had you filed 485 concurrent, you would have been a free bird 180 days from date of filing 485 (condition I140 should be approved)
------
Mr sanshriv

You are right in saying that I- 485 has nothing to do with Employer.But pls do remember that the Employer needs to issue an employer letter that goes alongwith the I-485 bundle which he is unwilling to issue at this moment.

Let me know if you know any other means to circumvent that.

Tks
Eppudu.

Agree with titu

Labor should be filed based on RESUME BUT to the best of my knowledge you can not use experice gained in the company that is filing GC for you

---
Re: re:
My lawyer asked for my work experience letters only at the time of applying for I140. When applying for labor, he just took a copy of my resume.

Please research more, my feeling is that one does not need work experience letters during labor certification process since labor clearance is "job specific" and not "employee specific".

titu

re:

thx for ur responses
sanshriv, titu .
right now i am working for company A and i have a pending I140 with them .they are delaying my I485 . now company B is willing to start my GC process and i will join them after the labor. i was wondering if i need experience letter from A .they wont give it to me ,thats for sure

sanshriv and eppudu

if you look at the I485 form it clearly says on page 2(lower left corner) that a employment letter is required . it also says the details that should be on that letter.
i am in the same boat too where the employer is not willing to file 485 till the 140 is approved

I-140 appoved

Receipt Date 06/17/03
Notice Date 06/17/03
Approval Date 02/11/04

EB-2 RIR CP (NSC)

Thanks everyone and see you all in the CP Forums

-abaliga

Naanshi/Naaggi,

Is there any harm if you keep checking your I-140 status from the UCIS tracking page very often?.

Just curious to know whether they keep track of the queries they receive.

I-140 appoved

Receipt Date 06/17/03
Notice Date 06/17/03
Approval Date 02/11/04

EB-2 RIR Non-Concurrent (NSC)

:) :) :) ...... Infinity......

eppudu_waiting
I think you get blocked when you search for wrong numbers for certian times.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right. I checked my packet today. I had filed concurrently and their is an employer letter.

So what does INS claim about I485 is on individual & has nothing to do with the sponsoring co.
Well can't argue with INS
---
For your question if you can get experience letter from your collegues that should be enough. Also INS website states it need not be on co.'s letterhead but it should be verifyable (in sense if they wish to contact that person to verify contents, he/she should be reachable)

======
sanshriv and eppudu
if you look at the I485 form it clearly says on page 2(lower left corner) that a employment letter is required . it also says the details that should be on that letter.
i am in the same boat too where the employer is not willing to file 485 till the 140 is approved

al_paso, that case u mentioned about - 1 month processing time..the person didn't mention that it was for I-140 approval..he probably was talking about his EAD

naanshi
Tracker needs to be updated as many have added the new info

this week I did not see approvals for august last week I hope NSC is busy clearing H1B

Updated Tracker..

New filers, please provide all the information like Notice Date, Category, Labor substitution or not, Concurrent or not etc... to be added in the tracker.

I got this information from somewhere sometime back. USCIS will send FP Notice only after 9-10 months from your notice date to avoid repeated finger printing. BUT I don't know whether this information is correct or not.

naanshi.

I strongly think that the BCIS will clear August cases between today and tomorrow.
They have to update the processing dates next week and they might want to push it up by a month.