TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

Nelabor,

It all depends upon the Adjudicating officer who processes your case. Always hope for best. By the way, what is your I-485 notice date? Have you got your EAD/AP?

As per my opinion with I-140 processing for nearly three years (from two different service centers and still waiting to get my approval), YES, I-140 wait is the most difficult one.

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi naanshi

No not yet. This is big problem. It was mailed to NSC on 22-DEC-2003. But so far no reply from NSC. Spoke to my employer he says NSC received it. Employer has sent a Fax to NSC to trace the application

Last edited by a moderator:
www.immigration-law.com

02/12/2004: Thaw in I-140 Backlog on the Horizon

The I-140 processing has been experiencing a terrible delay for several months. There is a good news, though. Very soon, the H-1B annual cap is expected to reach and the USCIS is scheduled to move the adjudicating forces from the H-1B production line to the I-140 production line. Accordingly, people will see letters coming from the Service Centers in the mail, no matter whether it is RFE or outright approval or denial. Three groups of people have suffered most from the I-140 backlog. The first group is those who did not file concurrent I-140/I-485 to go for the consular processing rather than the time-consuming I-485 proceeding. This group includes Canadians, Europeans, certain Asians, and certain Mexicans/South Americans. The second group is those who had to change employment after 180 days of filing of I-485. Since the current USCIS interpretation of the AC 21 change of employer requires approval of I-140 petition, a number of I-485 filers in this group have lived in fear in the event that they lost employment or they face such crisis. The third group is those who are forced to process the immigrant visa outside of the U.S. upon approval of their I-140 petitions. Most typically, allied health care workers including nurses and those who live outside of the U.S. Please stay tuned

Scan!

Did anybody run the scan today for Aug 10, 11, 12th .. dates. .Do you see any new approvals today?? Iam not able to run the scan, My IP address is bloced for 24 hrs.

Thanks

I-140 approved

I checked the status this morning. I was surprised to see the approval message on the web.

Here are my case details:

Case date: 09/02/03

Approved date : 02/11/04

EB3 - RIR - CP.

Do anyone know howlong it is going to be before I hear from the consulate in Chennai?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you all.

I140 macro

I ran the macro for Aug11,12 and 13. Not many approvals. Hopefully they shall clear quite a few by next week.

Re: I-140 approved

Originally posted by in_a_few
I checked the status this morning. I was surprised to see the approval message on the web.

Here are my case details:

Case date: 09/02/03

Approved date : 02/11/04

EB3 - RIR - CP.

Do anyone know howlong it is going to be before I hear from the consulate in Chennai?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you all.

Congrats friend! You are the first 09-2003 I-140 approval in this tracker. Hope this is good omen and opens the door for others too!

My I 140 details (filed in Jan 2004)

Here are the details of my I 140 application:

EB2/ RIR/ CP
I - 140 filed in Nebraska Service Center
RD: 01.23.2004
LIN# - LIN-04-076-*****
Status - Waiting for approval

I find the date on the government for Advanced Degree to be April 02, 2003 while I find a few approvals for June cases posted in this forum. Does it mean that June receipt date holders are getting their cases approved?

Thanks,
Dilbert

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by naanshi
Updated Tracker..

New filers, please provide all the information like Notice Date, Category, Labor substitution or not, Concurrent or not etc... to be added in the tracker.

Re: hi naanshi

Originally posted by nelabor
how do you find if it is applied under EB2 or EB3 from the receipt

Look in the receipt notice.
on the right hand side 4th box down, there is a section for "notice type" and it says recepit notice. there there is a amount received. and then there is a "section". that explains whether it is eb2 or eb3.
if it says "Sec 203 (b) (2)" then it is eb2.
if it says "Sec 203 (b) (3)" then it is eb3.

Yes, In the I-140 receipt top right portion, if you see Sec 203 (b) (3) then it is EB3 and if you see Sec 203 (b) (2) then is EB2.

naanshi or robocop104

What is the best way to contact the Nebraska office. My attorney says they are not able to confirm with anyone they received my 485 package

source: www.immigration.com

Information on the H-1B Cap
USCIS indicates that it's too early to say" exactly when the cut-off for the cap will be announced. It does not appear, however, that the cut-off will be announced in near future as some rumors indicated that it will be announced by 02/11.It may close, but not immediate.

Looks like another counting problem. This is going to be there for some more time. H1B Cap is not yet reached as we heard ealier. So some more delay in I-140 processing.

Posted by nelabor
Any new Approvals on 140.
---Some CP cases got approved. But no concurrent approvals. we may have to wait for a week more.

What is the best way to contact the Nebraska office. My attorney says they are not able to confirm with anyone they received my 485 package.

----Try to send a fax to Adjustment Division. You can get the Fax number from NSC website. Call the Customer Support Center again. Sometimes you may get a nice Person, who will really help you instead of telling "It is Pending" or just reading the Online Status.

naanshi.

Hi,
Here are the Details of the lengthy RFE I have received, it is four page long.
In a nutshell they are asking for the employers ability to pay and my educational details like evaluation. I am a business management degree holder with a 3 year post graduate diploma in Systems management. I also have 10 years experience. I don't think any of these will be a problem for me and most probably we will be replying next week.