TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

They may push it up by a month even without clearing August cases also. How many of us REALLY think those processing dates are correct and have any meaning????

nash140,
Get your Beer ready. ;)

naanshi.

Naanshi,
I hope they process Aug 2nd week cases atleast by tomorrow, so near yet so far.. Cant wait to party!!!

Some of the Sep. cases being touched

Don't know what catalog those cases falls into. Run the scan macro and saw some LIN032585**** (received on 9/2/2003) got ref/approved yesterday. Haven't got whole list yet (being denied).

al_paso, that case u mentioned about - 1 month processing time..the person didn't mention that it was for I-140 approval..he probably was talking about his EAD

It is one week not one month.
RD 12/29/03 AD 01/05/04

my scan results

I think not many approvals for last 3 days. hope floods of approvals will show up in next 2 days in the site..

The following are the results from my scan dates and case #'s

LIN0323851145 RFE sent 2/10/2004 Received 8/6/2003
LIN0324050601 Approved 2/11/2004 Received 8/8/2003
LIN0324150639 Approved 2/9/2004 Received 8/11/2003
LIN0324750565 Approved 2/10/2004 Received 8/18/2003

Is there a way to scan and find whether my cae, which was filed in May 2003 is approved? If yes how to do it?
Thanks

Neither a trend nor a prediction.
The BCIS guys are under a lot of pressure to move up with the processing dates.Because the AILA has been relentlessly pursuing BCIS to process cases faster. As of what I know they have given assurances that they would reduce the processing time once the Sunset for religious workers gets over (which by the way got over in October 2003).
Trend because they NEED to move the processing dates (although it doesnot matter to us ..) and they have to show some progress.

dbsraju, nash140 and bsk2,

Check your online status regularly. It may change at any time from now.

naanshi.

naanshi,
Just to maintain a positive attitude , I hope you meant me too :)
I have an ND of 13th Aug 2003 too !

Cheers!

Naanshi,
Did you run the scan today for 2nd week of Aug.. do you see any approvals for today, My IP is blocked for 24 hrs..

Naggi.. if you are EB3/3 RIR Concurrent, you are in the "WAITING TO BE APPROVED ANYTIME" list by default..

Here is a Article about 140 approval rules. Is this true

2 ) Nebraska Service center Stand

NSC

I-140s

12. Interpretation of the ETA 750s minimum requirements:

Recent I-140 adjudications show conflicting and increasingly restrictive views on the wording which must be included on an ETA 750 Part A to qualify for a particular preference category. For example,

ETA 750 Part A requires Bachelor's Degree. Consistent with the regulations which recognize a professional is someone with a U.S. Bachelor's degree or its equivalent, the NSC's prior practice was to approve I-140 if the foreign national had foreign educational equivalency to a U.S. Bachelor's degree. No special words were required to indicate equivalent foreign education was acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor's degree. Please confirm this is still the NSC's policy.

NSC response: Our current policy for EB-2 and EB-3 cases is that where the labor certification requires a U.S. bachelor's degree, we accept a U.S. bachelor's degree or a single foreign degree that is the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree.

13. Please confirm the language "degree or equivalent" would cover an individual who has a degree equivalent based upon coursework from various institutions, degree equivalency based upon coursework and experience, as well as degree equivalency based upon experience.

NSC response: Our current policy for EB-2 and EB-3 cases is that where the labor certification requires a U.S. bachelor's degree or its equivalent, we accept a U.S. bachelor's degree or a single foreign degree that is the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree. Where the beneficiary seeks to qualify based on other combinations of education or experience, the labor certification must specifically explain the combination of education or education and experience that the employer will accept as the equivalent of the bachelor's degree.

Equivalent Education

14. In the past the NSC routinely accepted credential evaluations which found an individual had the educational equivalency of a U.S. Bachelor's degree even if the equivalent education was obtained through the completion of different educational programs at various institutions. This is consistent with HQ's view set forth in Efran Hernandez's correspondence dated January 7, 2003 which states: " … it is not the intention of the regulations that only a single foreign degree may satisfy the equivalency requirement. Provided that the proper credential evaluations service finds that the foreign degree or degrees are the equivalent of the required U.S. degree, then the requirement may be met." Despite this guidance, the NSC is denying I-140s in which a credential evaluator has found that a foreign coursework which resulted in multiple degrees are the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's Degree. While we do not agree with the NSC's interpretation and look forward to continuing our dialogue on this issue, we request you to state your current position so our members are able to anticipate the NSC's action.

NSC response: See response to questions 12 and 13. The Efren Hernandez letter is just a letter, not a precedent policy document. We believe our position is supported by a number of AAO decisions. Although the AAO decisions are not precedent decisions, we believe they are better researched and reasoned and comport with our interpretation of the regulations.

Originally posted by naggi
naanshi,
Just to maintain a positive attitude , I hope you meant me too :)
I have an ND of 13th Aug 2003 too !

Cheers!

I am sorry Naggi. I did not see your data in tracker. Are you in the tracker? :confused:

Corrected Posting ...

:D NAGGI :D ,dbsraju, nash140 and bsk2,

Check your online status regularly. It may change at any time from now.

naanshi.

Originally posted by naanshi
I am sorry Naggi. I did not see your data in tracker. Are you in the tracker? :confused:
Yes I am listed in the tracker as "NR", although my ND,RD is wrong , it is listed as 2004...should have been 2003

:) Thank you

Re: hi naanshi

Originally posted by nelabor
Any idea about the rules i posted

nelabor,
I have heard about this earlier.

1.If Labor certification says "bachelor's degree" then NSC is looking for single US or foreign bachelor's degree.

2.If labor says "bachelor's degree or Combination of degrees may be accepted" then 3 years degree + 2 years POST graduate degree will be O.K.

It all depend upon how the labor certification says.

naanshi.

hi naanshi

My Labor Cert Says Bachelor Degree and 2 Years Experience.

I have a Bachelor Of commerce (India) + Diplomas 6 Months + 3 Years PG diploma + 8 Years Experience

What do you think of this

nelabor:

Where did you find this article? Can you give a link so we can find the whole article. I think there are some important information in it. Thanks

hi naanshi

I was thinking of Labor Cert as Major think in GC now 140 is becoming tougher on things

My Labor Cert Says Bachelor Degree and 2 Years Experience.

I have a Bachelor Of commerce (India) + Diplomas 6 Months + 3 Years PG diploma + 8 Years Experience

What do you think of this